Crash To Desktop (CTD errors)

KyleD

Well removed old version, download and installed 1.02 plus the latest hotfix.

Still a CTD when clearing the discontinuity @ TFD in KPHX TFD3.TUS J92 HMO IPSEB ENEKO SJD MMSD

What a total let down.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I experienced numerous CTD's and event viewer was telling me that it was MSVCR80.dll .

I did the following and have not experienced any more ( touch wood ) >

Update graphic drivers

Run Ccleaner including the reg scan .

Run Malwarebytes Anti Malware full scan ( not quick scan ).

I've just installed 1.02 and 1.02b fixes , but yet to test .

Happy Flying

Malcolm

Mathjis, I am unable completed a single flight without a CTD.

Based on various forum posts, seems throubleshooting rather complex and time-consuming.

Is it possible to issue a throubleshooting guide with possible causes ect.

Hi Guys, read my post from this thread and see if you can narrow down your CTD issues. As well there's a new Version out under the Hotfix section. I still strongly suggest you do what I suggested in my post at the link below before you apply the new hotfix. Cause if it is system files it won't matter how many sp's or hotfixes you apply, your airbus won't work properly.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/61449-ctd-when-selecting-sid/

Hi guys there seems to be two types of issues. I confirm this because I have gone as far as installing a clean win 7 to troubleshoot the airbus x.

Issue 1. The msvcr80.dll that pops up in the Ctd can definitely hold some truth with corrupted c++ files. So corrupt that reinstalling the 2005 redistributeables does nothing. You may only run into this type of Ctd by using the airbus x even though other addons work fine. This still doesn't discount the fact that you have corrupt system files. It's just coincidence that other addons aren't using the corrupt files alike how airbus x is. Also remember fsx was never designed for airbus coding specifically with the theory of the FMGS. If you are having Ctd without hotfix I hate to say that you may be due for a operating system repair or clean install if you want to use the airbus. Because regardless of the hot fixes and service packs released by aerosoft in the future, the way the airbus x uses the system files will not change much.

Issue 2. I haven't received any type of valuation from Mathijs but I take it upon myself and my experience with programming that the coding amended on the hotfix has actually created more problems than actually fixed any. A prime example is the KLAX/CYYZ associated mcdu Ctd that is actively discussed over at the general forum on pages 3 onwards. To summarize the KLAX Ctd is like such:

A) with clean win 7 and airbus/no hotfix, loading up Sid works just fine. It works fine with navigraph and nav data pro updated database.

B) the above scenario with corrupted win 7 system files causes Ctd upon selection of certain runways and certain sids. If not Ctd occurs such as selection of easterly runways and SIDS, the Ctd occurs shortly after rotation

C) with clean win 7 and Airbus with hotfix, the same Ctd occurs as B). Although this time it's due to a corruption in the hotfix and not the system files. And this brings me to another Ctd/issue.

The coding adjustment of the mcdu/FMGS in the hotfix is definitely corrupt because on selecting Ywt4 star into cyyz no waypoints from the star are retrieved. After checking the log file or nav data pro as well as the navigraph database, the coding of all the way points, speed and altitude restrictions are correct. And the fact that without the hot fix and same database the star selection retrieves the waypoints, there definitely is something wrong with the mcdu/FMGS coding after hotfix release. It's also enough of a coincidence that it's with the hotfix that the KLAX Ctd along with many others occur upon selection of the Sid. Otherwise why is it that win a clean win 7 and no hotfix I don't get KLAX or Cyyz Ctd but with a hotfix I get Ctd ?

How to trouble shoot if you have a hotfix Ctd or system corrupted files:

It you are having Ctd in scenarios that people with clean win 7 and no hotfix aren't having you are most likely experiencing issues with a system file. It might not even be msvcr80.dll. There are many dll and XML files used by the airbus.

If you don't want to reinstall win 7 to see feel free to give me some requests to see if I can recreate your ctds with clean win 7 and airbus x v1.00 installed only. I have nothing else installed and all my drivers, bios, and hardware files are up to date. I have already solved the KLAX and cyyz Ctd win clean win 7 and no Ctd.

The worst thing you can do is trying to install the hotfix in your trouble shooting. You either run airbus v 1.00 with clean win 7 or you run win 7 with corrupt system files and compare your Ctd with people being able or not being able to recreate your Ctd.

Don't forget that something as simple as spyware removal software not used properly can corrupt system files. There's lots of little every day computer maintenance tasks you do that can remove vital files. Make sure you are checking for hardware failure. Memory leaks. Updated drivers. Updated bios. Improper over clocking. Etc.

But given that your ONLY and I repeat ONLY issue lies with airbus x and nothing else, it's safe to say its nothing but either using hotfix or corrupt system files

Fire away with Ctd requests and ill see if I can recreate them with clean win 7 and airbus v 1.00

Имя события проблемы: BEX

Имя приложения: fsx.exe

Версия приложения: 10.0.61472.0

Отметка времени приложения: 475e17d3

Имя модуля с ошибкой: MSVCR80.dll

Версия модуля с ошибкой: 8.0.50727.4940

Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой: 4ca2b271

Смещение исключения: 00008aa0

Код исключения: c000000d

Данные исключения: 00000000

Версия ОС: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Код языка: 1049

Дополнительные сведения 1: e926

Дополнительные сведения 2: e9263950142051511ceadcb55c0aa80c

Дополнительные сведения 3: e103

Дополнительные сведения 4: e10379e45c3b67c11759709204013043

:angry2_s: On the previous version the simulator had no crashes

So now the MSVCR80 is showing up after an update when previously there were no issues on the same system? It's a bit of a coincidence that this system has a newly developed MSVCR80 "fault" AFTER the latest update. Presumably the module was OK before but now not? What theory could answer that one? Maybe we could hear the thoughts of Mathijs on this?

JPL19'

Are you getting MSVCR80.dll as the faulting module?

Yes. Just to be clear though, prior to the latest a beta tester reported that the same thing caused a CTD for him, so, I do not believe it is my system.

Thx,

Joe

Well removed old version, download and installed 1.02 plus the latest hotfix.

Still a CTD when clearing the discontinuity @ TFD in KPHX TFD3.TUS J92 HMO IPSEB ENEKO SJD MMSD

What a total let down.

Above was with the NavData Pro included w/ latest release. I tried the Navigraph version, and, at least the flight plan took with no CTD. Will try and fly the whole flight in a couple of hours . . .

Joe

Well, went back to try the whole flight and got a CTD, again, upon closing Discontinuity at TFD. Only differences was I was trying checklists/copilot, and chose RWY34 at MMSD instead of RWY16 based on winds. Files attached.

I think I see a pattern. As I enter the flight plan, before the departure RWY and SID, (T/C) and (T/D) appear normal (T/D is around waypoint ENEKO. But most time once I enter the SID and see (T/D) pushed up to before TFD, which is the first waypoint then I will get a CTD every time.

Joe

CTD.zip

Despite my repeated attempts to see precisely what these "three" customers did to rectify the MSVCR80.dll problem I have received no indication on it. Maybe they should speak now ?

I have personally spent double the cost of the damn product on other software to check my system. I have gained the expert opinion of a software engineer/IT expert who suggests there is actually nothing wrong with the module. If there was I would be seeing multiple problems with other programs that access this module such as Outlook, iTunes etc and of course the various other add-ons I have installed. I have diligently followed all steps in the fault-finding thread as directed by Mathijs but to no avail.

People are asking a genuine question here - how is it that the rest of their add-ons work absolutely normally, indeed their whole systems work normally, all that is apart from Airbus X Extended which ejects us from FSX? You may well blame this on a faulty module but what exactly is the fault and why doesn't it affect other add-ons? What are PMDG, Wilco, Carenado, Quality Wings, Captain Sim........ etc etc, doing that Aerosoft is not? More importantly, what is the FIX?

I have requested a refund on the basis that this problem is not being acknowledged by the developer and there appears to be no early prospect of a solution and neither is there any guidance on a practical user-based solution.

What Mathijs says about the "small" number of complainants is misrepresenting the scale of the problem - "Crash To Desktop (CTD errors)" is the most commented on and most viewed thread here at the moment and is sure to grow as newcomers experience this.

I am prepared to hold fire if I could get just a hint of help from the developer/manufacturer, but they appear to be in denial. I will stand corrected and issue a FULL APOLOGY if Aerosoft can provide meaningful assistance and it turns out my system was the culprit.

So Mathijs, what exactly did our three Musketeers do to fix their MSVCR80 crashes? Maybe one of them would be so kind as to oblige us with the solution themselves?

By the way w6kd, I reinstalled VC++ 2005 SP1 and as you can see this did not help. Thanks though for your help.

Hi.

Mathijs is by no means saying that the CTD's are caused solely by a 'Users' system, just that reinstalling the VC++ 2005 SP1 or similar could resolve the issue.

From my experience during testing I had more CTD's than most and the developer helped me by suggesting reinstalling the VC++ 2005 SP1 and it solved a vast number of issues for me.

So, that route is definitely worth a try.

Now, I still get CTD's and I can reproduce some reported in these forums. No one is denying them and the Developer is certainly aware of them. However, it will take some time to work through these issues.

If the avenues Mathijs has suggested don't work for you, don't feel you have to persevere looking for a solution, as you likely won't find it! In this instance please wait for the Developer to resolve these issues and release them in an update.

It is frustrating, I understand entirely what you are going through, but unfortunately we all must wait for these issues to be resolved by the Developer.

Well, I have to say that my CTD only ocurred having a full OFP set into the MCDU . No failures trying a pattern via SELECTED on the autoflight.

Hope issues are solved ASAP, my Airbus will get full of dust there in Toulouse.

OK. Here is something I have not yet tried. Could I uninstall Microsoft VC++ 2005, reboot, reg scan with CCleaner, then reinstall VC++ 2005? Or, will this cause system problems in the process?

Previously I reinstalled it over the top of the existing one.

I think I see a pattern. As I enter the flight plan, before the departure RWY and SID, (T/C) and (T/D) appear normal (T/D is around waypoint ENEKO. But most time once I enter the SID and see (T/D) pushed up to before TFD, which is the first waypoint then I will get a CTD every time.

Joe

I'm betting that this is the key to the problem.... that there is some kind of logical error in the internal code of the MCDU that arises when building a flight plan - at least in certain SID/Route combinations.

It would seem to be a definite error that the T/D is moving back from its proper location down near your destination at Cabo, to before the first waypoint of your SID (TFD). It would almost seem as if the system is treating the last waypoint of your SID (Tucson VOR) as if THAT was your destination instead of MMSD, and putting your T/D in the appropriate place for landing at TUS.

Years ago, back in the days of MS-DOS, I took a crack at writing a flight planning program in the C programming language. Calculating bearings and distances between waypoints involves using many trigonometric functions, any of which can easily cause a program to crash if called with an invalid argument.

I have to think that the shift of the T/D waypoint hundreds of miles back from its proper location when adding a SID to your flightplan is throwing a spanner into the internal mathematical routines of the MCDU/FGMS, when you try to close the discontinuity, and leading to the CTD.

If you have not already done so, try this: Instead of entering your main route from TUS to MMSD first, and then putting in your SID and departure runway at PHX, start out by just putting your departure/destination on the INIT page... i.e. KPHX/MMSD.

Then, go to the FP page, do a lateral revision at KPHX, and enter your runway and the TFD3 SID, and insert it. This should leave TUS as the last waypoint in the route. (Being the last waypoint in the SID). Then, do a lateral revision from TUS, and enter the rest of the airways and waypoints in your flightplan on down to MMSD.

I'm curious if entering the route this way will prevent the T/D from migrating all the way back to the inital leg between KPHX and TFD, as I'm certain that its doing so is a bug in the MCDU code.

In real-world operation, you should be able to enter a flight plan either way.... main route first, and then SID, OR SID first, then the main route. My suspicion is that the order DOES matter in the AXE, at least in some cases.

I'm travelling at the moment and cannot test this until Sunday.

. . .

If you have not already done so, try this: Instead of entering your main route from TUS to MMSD first, and then putting in your SID and departure runway at PHX, start out by just putting your departure/destination on the INIT page... i.e. KPHX/MMSD.

Then, go to the FP page, do a lateral revision at KPHX, and enter your runway and the TFD3 SID, and insert it. This should leave TUS as the last waypoint in the route. (Being the last waypoint in the SID). Then, do a lateral revision from TUS, and enter the rest of the airways and waypoints in your flightplan on down to MMSD.

. . .

Unfortunately, that doesn't work, tried originally, and went back and just tried it again. Tried with both nav data sets.

I always start from C&D. But, I have found that if I start in "Ready to Taxi" then switch to C&D it seems as if the flight plan program will go through. But, there are anomalies. There is no T/C, and I still get a CTD at on takeoff.

If I just enter RWY8 as the departure with no SID, and enter TFD as a manual waypoint I have completed the flight.

Thanks for your interest in helping.

Joe

Building a flightplan into the MCDU, when I CLR a F-PLN DISCONTINUITY, I get a crash to desktop.

I am using Windows 7 64x, GTX680,

This crash is after installing the latest update and patch, but it is not happening every time.

Thank you,

Bob

Out of all my fights with the A320 or A321 with out and now with the patchs i never had a CTD. As soon as i try and start up AirbusX-ConnectExtended im getting CTD.

I only went to bring it up as i was not far away from landing and wanted it on the 2nd screen and it CTD my FSX after a 5 hour flight. I then sat at a airport and started it up and got CTD out of 10 startups 8 crashed FSX. Seeing the lag you get from using it even on a fast PC i dont think ill ever use it again.

Fault Module Name: FMGS.DLL_unloaded

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: FMGS.DLL_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 50da4f2a

Exception Offset: 1a2ff9ac

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 7edd

Additional Information 2: 7eddbe13fc3da61fbb560b04c5b5f7f0

Additional Information 3: 1a6a

Additional Information 4: 1a6a2e8a8a8d44819de706cb2cfbb3ce

• Aerosoft

Mathjis, I am unable completed a single flight without a CTD.

Based on various forum posts, seems throubleshooting rather complex and time-consuming.

Is it possible to issue a throubleshooting guide with possible causes ect.

Well that would be seriously difficult as there are so many things that are unknown. The only 'easy' one is the MSVCTR80 one as that is an error that happens a lot and is a well documented Windows problem.

Yesterday I ask three customers who had serious (all the time) CTD issues if I could log into there systems (after they made a full backup). I then renamed the existing FSX folder and copied a very small, completely fresh FSX onto there system and installed the Airbus X Extended onto that. On two system there was no problem all worked fine then, proving the installed FSX was causing the issues. On the last one it did not and I had to dig a lot deeper. It turned out that his direct X was utterly wrecked and it was a strange mix of 32 and 64 bit code. He did tell me before that all aircraft expect the Airbus X Extended worked but when In tried I found that only the most basic aircraft worked. I advised him to wipe the disk and not to lie to customer support.

So although there are conditions that cause the Airbus X Extended to fail (calling up some procedures etc) that we are working on, I am still 100% confident that on a correct Windows and a fresh FSX the aircraft will function.

Hi,

I had CTD me too with last version of AXE with MSVCR80.DLL....I try two times and two times I had ctd it seems to me, it's when I enter the load of fuel in the mcdu.

Impossible to do one flight with AXE....With first version, I can do a flight with no crash. Now always CTD..........

Have you a solution about that?

Thank you

Christian

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I had CTD me too with last version of AXE with MSVCR80.DLL....I try two times and two times I had ctd it seems to me, it's when I enter the load of fuel in the mcdu.

Impossible to do one flight with AXE....With first version, I can do a flight with no crash. Now always CTD..........

Have you a solution about that?

Thank you

Christian

Have you checked the other topics on the MSVCR80.DLL? Most customers with that issue solved it by fixing the issue in Windows (not in FSX or the Airbus).

Hi,

Ok but it's not clear to me because it's only for this addon I have the ctd...so I don't know what I have to do, if you can direct me to what I have to do it will be great.

Thank you

Christian

yes same issue while pressing return on the ground. and this happened after installing V102 + 102C below is the error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: StackHash_3e9b

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: PCH_03_FROM_KERNELBASE+0x00090736

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48