Jump to content

Talk to the management? Here's your chance...


Mathijs Kok
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Root Admin

Good. Thanks for letting us know!

 

Can I ask people to not use this topic for things that my support officers can handle here or at https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/home? This is really a topic that is intended to be only for our CEO. Big lines, big problems. If you feel one of my support officers really let you down or if we as a company are doing something stupid. 

 

At https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/home we are running a 82% happiness Rating right now (the stats show the last 24 hours).

image.png

Of the 2 negative comments one was from a pirate who complained we did not give him a code for a copy he downloaded from The Pirate Bay, the other was from a person who asked us support in Korean. We written him we do not support that language and offered him English, German, Spanish, Portugees, French and Dutch. When he send us a negative comment I asked a friend of mine to interpret and I am sure we can sort it out with him.

 

As I manage this department every ticket that ends with a bad rating is send to my email and I check every single one of them. We can not make everybody happy but we'll sure try. If you are annoyed, unhappy or in any way think we could do better: mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com. If you have a comment you feel my CEO should know, this is the topic!

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

For the CEO...

 

The space that Aerosoft occupies - retailer, curator, and developer - creates, at times, a conflicting posture.

 

Often, projects are abandoned as it seems that aerosoft does not retain any rights to maintain a product as the underlying sim platforms evolve.  It would be nice to see commitment to certain products across the evolutionary changes in the underlying platforms.  I am not asking for a freebie in perpetuity here as I understand paying incremental fees to offset the development required.  However, the product portfolio seems to ebb and flow and two things seem to be true in light of this: 1) once an aircraft exists, short of it not selling well for your, it is an item of interest, and 2) the underlying materials - models, textures, techniques - don't seem to change radically enough such that they don't retain enough residual value.  I suppose what I am suggesting is that Aerosoft is mature enough as a company to move away from "curator" and take an active role in developing or at least sub-contracting where you retain rights to maintain and improve products.

 

Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

I believe we have a very good record in maintaining our aircraft. Airbusses sold 4 years ago got an update last week and we offer low cost updates for many products. Not a lot of aircraft add-on builders do the same, you often pay full price even if the new version contains many parts of the one you already paid for.

 

But it is commercially very dangerous. Updates almost never sell new copies. They are a 'free' service that is very costly. The fact we now still work on our P3D Airbusses and CRJ's is because that work will also benefit the new MFS versions. If it was not for those versions on the horizon we would simply spend money that we would never get back. You have to keep in mind margins are low in this business.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Mathijis,

 

For clarity, which I could have done a better job on in my post above, I concur on the aircraft space and only mention aircraft as, once they exist, there will be ongoing interest in them.  I should have specified that some scenery projects seem to die on the vine due to the content provider evaporating.  Two examples come to mind: KSMF and EFHK.  My advocacy is that, for as much as possible, IP move forward on platforms, which of course I see is happening with MSFS.  Perhaps I should have advocated that more in-house development occur or that rights to moving forward on platforms be retained.   Everything about MSFS says that it is rooted in its predecessor enough, at least scenery-wise, that products can be sustained.

 

Very short version: develop more in house so the sting of developer dissolution/disinterest doesn't leave holes in airport coverage.  It would seem that Microsoft has left the door open for airport scenery and aircraft in the new base product.  The need is even greater with the "legacy" platforms.

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, from Queesland Australia.

 

I am using the new MSFS and like it, despite bugs and peculiarites.

However, there is a serious shortage of WATER BASED AIRCRAFT!

Please put some on Aerosoft's To Do list.

     (1) I already have your magnificent PBY Catalina and love it - that would be my first choice.

     (2) Next would be a Beaver or Piper Cub or Cessna floatplane, something to get into small islands, lakes, rivers etc., range of ~300 - 600 nm.

     (3)The Wilga floatplane is probably easy to model, and gives great STOL capability.

 

Your products stand out from the rest and  I wish you success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Thanks for that!

Hi there, Mathjis, I just wanted to say few words that I had in the back of my mind for long time. Also please excuse my english, it's not my native language.

 

I am a casual player. I have not bought any addon before, but owned FSX for long time. I don't even own a yoke and I fly with controller/keyboard :D

 

MSFS2020 is the first game that I have bought most expensive option of, (Premium Deluxe Edition). I have looked at Aerosoft as a company that will release many good addons and this is first time in my life that I am excited for addon (CRJ).

 

I want to say that I will want to support your endevors in future if all your airplanes will be priced fairly. I hope that you will offer some airplanes with same complexity as standard airliners already in the game and some with more complex systems like what PMDG does or atleast a little bit more complex than standard airplanes. I am willing to learn to fly those planes because simming is hobby that I've grown to like and I plan on building upon it.

 

It's just that MSFS will be my only platform to build this on.

 

You have my support in future and there are many more non-simmers like me who will purchase addons, as long as they are good quality and offer decent amount of content for the fair price. I love the work you do and I hope you will release CRJ soon. I am excited for that. I also want to say that I wish your company released Airbus A300-600 and other older Airbuses.

 

I also wish you would release DC-8 for MSFS because it's my favourite aircraft of all time, together with MD-11.

 

Do you think you could make DC-8 MSFS conversion after CRJ? I'd happily pay whatever is the current price of that airplane, just so I could fly it in MSFS in all it's glory.

 

I appreciate the work you do and I wish you all the best :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a more technical question regarding the future Airbus series for MSFS. I used to have them in both FSX and P3D and I really loved them! Only issue I had is that the FPS needed to be 18 FPS+ due to the FBW system to function correctly. Since I had a heavily customized P3D with loads of AI traffic (1.500 schedules), I had to disable AI on approach in order to prevent issues.

 

Is the same technique also used in MSFS? In other ways, will be the bus also need 18 FPS to work decently? Just curious...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
On 12/3/2020 at 12:02 PM, Er!k said:

I have a more technical question regarding the future Airbus series for MSFS. I used to have them in both FSX and P3D and I really loved them! Only issue I had is that the FPS needed to be 18 FPS+ due to the FBW system to function correctly. Since I had a heavily customized P3D with loads of AI traffic (1.500 schedules), I had to disable AI on approach in order to prevent issues.

 

Is the same technique also used in MSFS? In other ways, will be the bus also need 18 FPS to work decently? Just curious...

 

Not really a question for management. But we simply do not know, we are not not in that stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unsure about the correct place for this suggestion, but here goes.

 

have you ever thought of taking the bus mechanic simulator (really nice sim, only lacking the economics part of it) and creating an aircraft mechanic simulator, namely with piston models?

 

It could be awesome! 
 

Anyway, also using the opportunity to thank Aerosoft for reliable quality on sim products for many years. I’m quite a fan (and client)!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
13 hours ago, gmoreira said:

Unsure about the correct place for this suggestion, but here goes.

 

have you ever thought of taking the bus mechanic simulator (really nice sim, only lacking the economics part of it) and creating an aircraft mechanic simulator, namely with piston models?

 

It could be awesome! 
 

Anyway, also using the opportunity to thank Aerosoft for reliable quality on sim products for many years. I’m quite a fan (and client)!

 

In fact yes. Problem is that aircraft mechanics are a bit less 'known' to users. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members
On 8.12.2020 at 02:11, gmoreira sagte:

Unsure about the correct place for this suggestion, but here goes.

 

have you ever thought of taking the bus mechanic simulator (really nice sim, only lacking the economics part of it) and creating an aircraft mechanic simulator, namely with piston models?

 

It could be awesome! 
 

Anyway, also using the opportunity to thank Aerosoft for reliable quality on sim products for many years. I’m quite a fan (and client)!

Hi Gmoreira,

It's a good idea, but at present we have no developer which would have the knowledge to do such a simulator.
Kind regards

Winfried

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 3.12.2020 at 08:28, JellySnek sagte:

Hi there, Mathjis, I just wanted to say few words that I had in the back of my mind for long time. Also please excuse my english, it's not my native language.

 

I am a casual player. I have not bought any addon before, but owned FSX for long time. I don't even own a yoke and I fly with controller/keyboard :D

 

MSFS2020 is the first game that I have bought most expensive option of, (Premium Deluxe Edition). I have looked at Aerosoft as a company that will release many good addons and this is first time in my life that I am excited for addon (CRJ).

 

I want to say that I will want to support your endevors in future if all your airplanes will be priced fairly. I hope that you will offer some airplanes with same complexity as standard airliners already in the game and some with more complex systems like what PMDG does or atleast a little bit more complex than standard airplanes. I am willing to learn to fly those planes because simming is hobby that I've grown to like and I plan on building upon it.

 

It's just that MSFS will be my only platform to build this on.

 

You have my support in future and there are many more non-simmers like me who will purchase addons, as long as they are good quality and offer decent amount of content for the fair price. I love the work you do and I hope you will release CRJ soon. I am excited for that. I also want to say that I wish your company released Airbus A300-600 and other older Airbuses.

 

I also wish you would release DC-8 for MSFS because it's my favourite aircraft of all time, together with MD-11.

 

Do you think you could make DC-8 MSFS conversion after CRJ? I'd happily pay whatever is the current price of that airplane, just so I could fly it in MSFS in all it's glory.

 

I appreciate the work you do and I wish you all the best :D

Hi JellySnek,
before we start with new aircraft, we will put our existing ones onto the new FS level. This will take a lot of time.
The pricing of the products are not fixed, but we expect prices on the level or below the existing one.

 

Please take a look onto our website from time to time and you will be up to date about our upcoming aircraft.

 

Kind regards

Winfried

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I just uninstalled my Airbus Bundle with a319 thru a320.  I am taking the hit on a purchase that I bought few months ago.  Tired of flying and crashing to desktop.   NEVER ISSUES WITH P3DV4 IN ANY OTHER SIM EXCEPT THIS GARBAGE!  NEVER AGIN!  

  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tommy P said:

I just uninstalled my Airbus Bundle with a319 thru a320.  I am taking the hit on a purchase that I bought few months ago.  Tired of flying and crashing to desktop.  WHAT A PIECE OF IN SHIT PROGRAM.  NEVER ISSUES WITH P3DV4 IN ANY OTHER SIM EXCEPT THIS GARBAGE!  NEVER AGIN!  

 

Although I'm checking from my phone and may have missed them. I don't see any posts shereuou explained the issues you had. I've been using the products for years wuthout CTDs, and I personally know several thousand people who also don't have CTDs using it.

 

I certaimly respect your decision, and wish you the best. Beyond that, lets keep things above board please.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs
42 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Although I'm checking from my phone and may have missed them. I don't see any posts shereuou explained the issues you had...

 

 

Hey Dave, seeing as how you were on your phone in this reply, you probably meant "where you" instead of "shereuou" so it should read, "I don't see any posts where you explained the issues you had."

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Herman said:

Hey Dave, seeing as how you were on your phone in this reply, you probably meant "where you" instead of "shereuou" so it should read, "I don't see any posts where you explained the issues you had."

 

Yeah, I must have fat fingered it... plus I was following Mathijs rules and drinking a bottle of wine!  LOL!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 11/23/2020 at 10:13 AM, Rob Ainscough said:

Someone suggested my post would be more appropriate here (and I agree) so I'll link it:

 

Cheers, Rob.

 

I cannot agree with Robs message more strongly.

As the owner of over 110 Aerosoft products in P3D and xplane i will not buy another Aerosoft product.

Why?

Pretty simple really lack of integrity as a supplier of addons.

Of my 100 plus addons id say 30% are in xplane with about 75 or so in P3D i have 1 addon from Aerosoft for MSFS the Crj.

The issue is this. While Aersoft and there suppliers are throwing huge amounts of resources into MSFS where are my updates for products like Alta which have remained unupdated for years?

On what grounds would i trust that anything i buy for MSFS would ever be updated based off what you have done with more than half your products?

Asobo break numerous addons with every update and Aerosoft with a track record that has left many many of my sceneries unupdated to P3Dv5 why would i send you one more dollar?

We have waited for an Alta update for V4 or V5 for years now and boom here is a new Alta for MSFS.

I would say that flagrantly disrespectful to every previous customer of the P3D version whether they have gone to MSFS or not to abandon what should of been updated.

Payware update or not.

So when MSFS updates breaking sceneries which no doubt they will at some point what guarantee is there that you would support them? The same implied guarantee that came with purchases in xplane and P3D like Alta?

Sure we all understand that your after new money to keep revenue flowing but what YOU dont seem to get is a significant number of people who buy addon sceneries are the very people who you have left high and dry with outdated P3D sceneries now seemingly abandoned.

Now im also not saying i want them for "free" i very well understand work requires reward.

If its not worth your "work" to update sceneries in P3D then why would i ever trust you as an organization to update anything new i buy for MSFS?

The next 12 months with multiple new versions of P3D coming and possibly xplane 12 mean your burning bridges that may very well cost you a large amount of money in future purchases/updates assuming Asobo continue on the spiral downwards.

Ive always enjoyed your scenery in P3D and Xplane but the slap across the face of Alta being released for a new platform and left unupdated is the end of Aerosoft for me.

You may have my money for well over 100 scenery and aircraft addons but enough is enough.

Another long term high volume customer gone but im sure there will be plenty of others to replace us as you go in boots and all with what i prefer to call a game rather than a simulator in the state its still in.

Regards

Darren

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

We do understand your point, the simple fact is that it is very hard to find a developer who wants to P3D projects at this moment because commercially it is very hard to even break even. 

 

Aerosoft does not decide what customers want, if we find enough customers we would do FS2004 products.  With pleasure. We follow the customers, they do not follow us, as your email clearly proofs.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

Hope you might be able to help with this as I am getting really fed up with this.

I purchased the Honeycomb alpha and Bravo hardware back at the beginning of January. While I knew there was going to be a wait I was prepared for this. 

So fast forward now until the 7 April when I get an email from Aerosoft saying that my Alpha and Bravo items had been dispatched. Fantastic!

However that's where it ends. You have used UPS to deliver the goods. I received an email from them regarding import duties which I was prepared for, and these where paid on the 12April in full.

In between that I have received  no less than 12 redelivery dates some for the same date and time.  Because they require a signature, I rearranged my work schedule to suit. that time came and went and no delivery.

I then phoned UPS the following day  and was informed that the packages were still in Germany, Herne-Boernig to be precise, and that they had just cleared customs. The latest delivery date was now the 19 April.

I was not happy as this was nearly 2 weeks since you had shipped the package. But ok , I then today got another email saying that it is now the 20 April. At which point I phoned UPS again as the tracking number said it was still awaiting clearance to export, after a lengthy phone call, I was then given a number to call in Germany to find out what was happening, but this number is not reachable from the UK and they cannot transfer me  from the service centre to the number I was given. I did eventually get a number for the German service centre, but it was obviously in German, and sadly I speak no German.

I appreciate that none of this is really your problem, however if they loose this package it may become your problem, as I will be looking to get a replacement from yourselves which no doubt will then lead to yourselves requiring a refund from UPS. Also if this happens I will not be expecting to wait 4 months for replacement items to be delivered.

If you can offer any help i will happily give you the details of the tracking number and invoice numbers via email not through general forum posts. even if its only calling the number to find out what is happening.

 

Many thanks for any help you may be able to provide

 

Peter Little

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
1 hour ago, mazelda said:

Hi Guys,

Hope you might be able to help with this as I am getting really fed up with this.

I purchased the Honeycomb alpha and Bravo hardware back at the beginning of January. While I knew there was going to be a wait I was prepared for this. 

So fast forward now until the 7 April when I get an email from Aerosoft saying that my Alpha and Bravo items had been dispatched. Fantastic!

However that's where it ends. You have used UPS to deliver the goods. I received an email from them regarding import duties which I was prepared for, and these where paid on the 12April in full.

In between that I have received  no less than 12 redelivery dates some for the same date and time.  Because they require a signature, I rearranged my work schedule to suit. that time came and went and no delivery.

I then phoned UPS the following day  and was informed that the packages were still in Germany, Herne-Boernig to be precise, and that they had just cleared customs. The latest delivery date was now the 19 April.

I was not happy as this was nearly 2 weeks since you had shipped the package. But ok , I then today got another email saying that it is now the 20 April. At which point I phoned UPS again as the tracking number said it was still awaiting clearance to export, after a lengthy phone call, I was then given a number to call in Germany to find out what was happening, but this number is not reachable from the UK and they cannot transfer me  from the service centre to the number I was given. I did eventually get a number for the German service centre, but it was obviously in German, and sadly I speak no German.

I appreciate that none of this is really your problem, however if they loose this package it may become your problem, as I will be looking to get a replacement from yourselves which no doubt will then lead to yourselves requiring a refund from UPS. Also if this happens I will not be expecting to wait 4 months for replacement items to be delivered.

If you can offer any help i will happily give you the details of the tracking number and invoice numbers via email not through general forum posts. even if its only calling the number to find out what is happening.

 

Many thanks for any help you may be able to provide

 

Peter Little

 

Please a mail to support@aerosoft.com and we gladly assist with this as far as we can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...