Friedrichshafen X released for FSX and FS2004

Mathijs Kok

Thank you very much Aerosoft and the German Airports Team! good.gif

I've been waiting for this airport for a long time.

After I saw Rainer's screenshots (excellent as always), I almost got a heart attack...

Now give me also Nuremberg, Dusseldorf and the promised new Frankfurt Main and my virtual Germany is perfect!

why I should get it?

- an exceptional regional airport

- a picturesque location on Lake Constance with the Alps on the horizon

- home of the Zeppelin as well as Aero Aviation Show

- the latest techniques in scenery design

- a lot of eye-candy with great FPS

- relatively cheap

- no reason NOT to get it ;)

I'll also stay away from this single airport, but buy the pack

That surely is a smart and economical decision. nodding-1.gif But only for those who are very patient and don't mind missing the fun here and now. I am not like that.

Not having seen any preview of Nuremberg, I wouldn't expect the package soon. And you still don't have the gorgeous EDDM? :blink:

That surely is a smart and economical decision. nodding-1.gif But only for those who are very patient and don't mind missing the fun here and now. I am not like that.

Not having seen any preview of Nuremberg, I wouldn't expect the package soon. And you still don't have the gorgeous EDDM? :blink:

I'm very patient, so no problem that three airports are still missing (Dresden, Nuremberg and a secret one [still hoping for EDSB]) :D

And as I knew that Munich was going to be released as a single Mega Airport I bought it of course and it is in highly use :D

I noticed quite differing slider suggestions in the manual for Friedrichshafen and VFR Germany 3. This does concern other airfields (Stuttgart...) situated in the VFR Germany series, too. I would not say these suggestions are wrong, actually both are quite fitting for my "mid-end computer". There are obvious reasons for these suggestions, no need to discuss.

Now should I jump out of the seat to change sliders during final? Or, should I ever take the least demanding settings during all flight over Germany? Here comes my question: Wouldn't there be a way to pre-configure aerosoft airports externally to FSX appropriate for people's systems? Don't tell me it's impossible. I got the idea when flaying over aeosofts's San Francisco. This one was completely unusable entering downtown. After removing one bgl file (according to a hint in the manual or in a forum - don't recall) this became a joy to fly over - without any noticeable visual difference, btw. If memory serves me right, this one file had over-dense autogen.

Just an idea - and sorry, if it's been already proposed or even answered deep in one of the forums. BTW, some of the ORBX airports come with a similar configuration tool.

Kind regards, Michael

• 2 months later...

Problem,

I have trees directly in front of runway 24...... is this bug known?

Is the main scenery the first entry in your library? If not, change this ;)

I have to say that I have this issue too...

Reloading FSX scenery library reduces the number of offending trees but not completely... I can post a screenshot of the two states tomorrow for you...

Andrew

I put some screenshots in a new thread Shaun. I use no other landclass. I only have GEX Europe and the trees are not there when I deactivate EDNY X.

In my other thread with screenshots, I also posted the result of some detective work I did, tracking down the rogue tree placement to one particular bgl, which I listed in the other thread...

Andrew