Aerosoft Airbus X

I can say however that we started discussing an update that will tune the aircraft for the users who like a deeper level of system realism. Things like full vertical navigation, SIDs/STARs and the deeper details that make a CFM and IAE model different. It's a small market, but we think we can just do it without loosing money on it.

Well, you can count on me to help you with the bottom line on such an update - That's great news! boingy_s.gif

• Upvote 1

1) will do so in a few days. We will keep that pretty clean though.

2) not yet, we are not sure at this moment if we'll do it. It's one of these things that simply can't be done very well in FS (not even in FSX with bumps etc) without really starting to tax the fps.

3) the initial release will only feature the CFM in the pit and dynamics (though they are fully modeled in the external model). The reason is simple, the customer we aim for will be taxed to learn about one engine.

I can say however that we started discussing an update that will tune the aircraft for the users who like a deeper level of system realism. Things like full vertical navigation, SIDs/STARs and the deeper details that make a CFM and IAE model different. It's a small market, but we think we can just do it without loosing money on it. I got to make two things straight though:

• not going to discuss this now in detail, the product is what we are doing, a GREAT looking Airbus with loads of cools things, that is not overly complex to fly.
  • there are NO features planned now dropped for this potential addition, it really is of very limited commercial value for us.

Count me in for a complex version.

• Upvote 1

1) will do so in a few days. We will keep that pretty clean though.

2) not yet, we are not sure at this moment if we'll do it. It's one of these things that simply can't be done very well in FS (not even in FSX with bumps etc) without really starting to tax the fps.

3) the initial release will only feature the CFM in the pit and dynamics (though they are fully modeled in the external model). The reason is simple, the customer we aim for will be taxed to learn about one engine.

I can say however that we started discussing an update that will tune the aircraft for the users who like a deeper level of system realism. Things like full vertical navigation, SIDs/STARs and the deeper details that make a CFM and IAE model different. It's a small market, but we think we can just do it without loosing money on it. I got to make two things straight though:

• not going to discuss this now in detail, the product is what we are doing, a GREAT looking Airbus with loads of cools things, that is not overly complex to fly.
  • there are NO features planned now dropped for this potential addition, it really is of very limited commercial value for us.

Great news!!!

• Upvote 2

+1 for advanced version!!!

No way will the AirSimmer A320 for FSX stand a chance if Aerosoft does a advanced version! I bet AirSimmer dont even bother ever releasing a FSX version, basic or advanced.

Kudos to Aerosoft for see the potential for an advanced version of the A320.

I'll happily buy the Aerosoft standard version and later the advanced version.

• Upvote 2

Hello Gents

I have been watching this forum and Im glad Aerosoft is bringing an Airbus on to FSX as to be frank there is not a decent one out there. I have been toying away on the level-d 767 and the PMDG 747 and really want to fly a an airbus!!!

During the last two months i have been traveling extensively on the A320 with Air Asia, in fact there whole fleet is comprised of A320's and A330's. Another interesting fact is they will be single largest operator of the A320 globally followed by its Singaporean Rival Tiger Airways then i believe Air Arabia will also have the third largest fleet. Also most Asian airports these day the majority of aircraft airlines are operating are the A320 and A330 no wonder Boeing has working hard on the Boeing 787.

As you probably can tell I am leading up to a point, please some one make a repaint for the largest operators of the A320 Air Asia and Tiger Airways, Asians carriers are going to be largest operators of this European aircraft and to not make a repaint would be sacrilege :P

1) I can say however that we started discussing an update that will tune the aircraft for the users who like a deeper level of system realism. Things like full vertical navigation, SIDs/STARs and the deeper details that make a CFM and IAE model different. It's a small market, but we think we can just do it without loosing money on it..</ul>

Wow! That would be awesome of course! :D

• Upvote 2

Even more questions for Mathijs Kok regarding the A321/A320...

1.) Will the display screens (CRT/LCD) show or reflect glare like the real aircraft?

2.) Will the VC be a separate model like Microsoft uses in their default Airbus allowing use in our existing A318/A319/A320/A321 aircraft like Project Airbus, etc?

3.) Does the model include chocks, loaders and push-back tug or do we need AES? :lol:

4.) Can we change the panel colors (red/orange/blue) like the individual airlines do?

5.) Are any US airlines included in the release cycle?

Looking good so far.....Darryl Enault

• Upvote 1

Long not heard of you Dag! You could mail!

I definetly could :-) I have been busy with a lot of stuff, both FS and other. Airliners is not really my thing but this one seems too good to pass up :lol: I really like the "baked in" shading and the overall detail of the textures.

Thanks

Even more questions for Mathijs Kok regarding the A321/A320...

1.) Will the display screens (CRT/LCD) show or reflect glare like the real aircraft?

2.) Will the VC be a separate model like Microsoft uses in their default Airbus allowing use in our existing A318/A319/A320/A321 aircraft like Project Airbus, etc?

3.) Does the model include chocks, loaders and push-back tug or do we need AES? :lol:

4.) Can we change the panel colors (red/orange/blue) like the individual airlines do?

5.) Are any US airlines included in the release cycle?

Looking good so far.....Darryl Enault

It would be awesome! But it will also set a lower security level, if you can take the VC for this plane and onto another one, it's sure that the pirates will have this plane vc on the internet in a sec.

But if you could make the VC secure and need a file somewhere on your computer, then it would be awesome! :)

- Emil

Guest inbrekers1

It would be awesome! But it will also set a lower security level, if you can take the VC for this plane and onto another one, it's sure that the pirates will have this plane vc on the internet in a sec.

But if you could make the VC secure and need a file somewhere on your computer, then it would be awesome! :)

- Emil

Pirates will crack it anyway. Did you see what they did with the PMDg 747's? 2 days after the expansion was released it was already cracked... But I love the idea of putting the cockpit of the AS Airbus into the Project Airbus A319 model...

@Mathijs: Will there be sunscreens in the cockpit? And if yes, will they move/work like PMDG did with their B747/MD11?

• Upvote 1

Pirates will crack it anyway. Did you see what they did with the PMDg 747's? 2 days after the expansion was released it was already cracked... But I love the idea of putting the cockpit of the AS Airbus into the Project Airbus A319 model...

@Mathijs: Will there be sunscreens in the cockpit? And if yes, will they move/work like PMDG did with their B747/MD11?

Frankly speaking I don't see the point of putting the Aerosoft VC into a Project Airbus A320.... Considering that The AS 320 will be better than the PA one in all aspects...

Greg

Frankly speaking I don't see the point of putting the Aerosoft VC into a Project Airbus A320.... Considering that The AS 320 will be better than the PA one in all aspects...

Greg

True, i also LOVED the PA-Airbus a few years ago as there was nothing better (concerning the external model!!!).

But it always had the disadvantage of no FBW!

So i also see no sense in merging the PA-Airbus with the aerosoft VC, as long as the aerosoft external model is

at least as good as the PA´s one. And merging ALWAYS means to make compromises and a loss of FPS...

Timo

Guest inbrekers1

Greg

I was speaking about an A319... And my favourite airline (Brussels Airlines) doesn't have any A320's... I know that results in FPS loss etc...

Last post of the day. Been testing some of the FBW implementation done so far. As you know FBW (among a lot of other things) means that the aircraft will be stable if you center the stick. So if you put it in a bank it will keep that bank angle until you give it some stick to level. Lo and behold it seems we got that right now.

I'm interested in the fly-by-wire implementation, and having read through the preview threads it seems that things have changed as development has gone on. I hope I haven't missed something obvious. From the above quote, it seems there is a fly-by-wire implementation, then, and it simulates 'commanding a G factor' as opposed to 'commanding a control surface deflection'. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the envelope protections would be modeled as well. So it seems that there will be a fairly full-featured fly-by-wire simulation - is this correct? When it's finalized, it would be nice to see a clear description of what it does do, but if it's still in flux I'll wait.

In any case, although I'm decidedly not in the target market for this (I like my VNAV and STARs), the screenshots are looking so good I might pick this up anyway. Decent fly-by-wire would probably push me over the top.

• Upvote 1

I was speaking about an A319... And my favourite airline (Brussels Airlines) doesn't have any A320's... I know that results in FPS loss etc...

You really want a merged PA A319 and you would pay the price of having NO airbus flight dynamics, NO airbus fly-by-wire and NO airbus-flight-envelope-protection....? For what? Just to have an airbus in the external view which is a few feet shorter than an A320?

...So it seems that there will be a fairly full-featured fly-by-wire simulation - is this correct? ...

I have to say that Wilco (besides all other critics) did a good job in implementing a realistic FBW and FEP, but i´m

sure that aerosoft will even beat that...

But i know it´s not an easy job for the developers, because FBW means translating a stick input into a G-load change (as you said)

and a change of the roll rate. And FSX isn´t primarily created for those calculations...

Timo

• Upvote 2

For what? Just to have an airbus in the external view which is a few feet shorter than an A320?

Timo

I'm now just saying about the length, many people like my self like the 318 and 319 because of some personality in them, I would choose a 318 or a 319 over the 320 simply because it´s shorter and in a lot of ways much nicer to fly.

I know that didn´t say anything about the panel merge as I was just answering that you said that I quoted just isnt right because there is a lot of difference between the 320 and 319 and 318.

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

You really want a merged PA A319 and you would pay the price of having NO airbus flight dynamics, NO airbus fly-by-wire and NO airbus-flight-envelope-protection....? For what? Just to have an airbus in the external view which is a few feet shorter than an A320?

Yes.. Just for that one simple reason... As I have never flown any real aircraft except for a Robin, I won't notice if the Flight Dynamics are unrealistic. And I can always edit the aircraft.cfg of the PA's to make them better to my own feeling...

• Upvote 2

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

mathijs why noo new videos?... we all cant wait for this product, make the time without this beauty pls a little bit easier to come through. you are one lucky guy to fly this bird already :D^_^

• Upvote 3

Hi everybody!

I want to through in a question regarding the landing gear: I recently bought the Simcheck A300 and noticed a very interesting thing which I think is very realistic. When I land this A300 I can "feel" the struts compressing.

It all starts by touching down - the struts are beeing compressed the first time.

Then by slowing down the aircraft the gear has to handle more and more weight which is not beeing carried by the wings anymore and the struts are beeing compressed even more.

And we're not talking about a few millimeters. Actually you can see that you're basically on the ground but you're still loosing some altitude (by pressing Shift+Z).

I've often seen that at the airport, but till now I haven't seen that modeled in such a detail in FSX.

Are you planning to do a landing gear with those characteristics as well?

Take care

Mat

• Upvote 3