Aerosoft Airbus X

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

mathijs what about the strobes, any chances for an effect , that we can see the lights on the ground??? like on this video here:

i think it looks really good, would be epic in fsx!!

• Upvote 1

I am waiting for some of the bits to added before I can do so. Perhaps next weekend.

when will that vid come?

maybe in this week?

i hope so because i really want to see what this bird can do and

what we can look forward to...

Will ground power be simulated Mathijs? I hope we will not be in a situation where the FSX battery only lasts minutes lol. Also will we be able to ahve the PAX running on the APU during takeoff for extra FLEX?

• Upvote 1

Will ground power be simulated Mathijs? I hope we will not be in a situation where the FSX battery only lasts minutes lol. Also will we be able to ahve the PAX running on the APU during takeoff for extra FLEX?

FLEX (=derated takeoff thrust) has nothing to do with the packs on the engines or the APU. It´s just calculated via a fictional OAT (and other minor

parameters). But for TO/GA it is indeed a difference if the packs are on or off!

(If you need every kg thrust you better don´t waste any power for the A/C... :) if the pilot is sweating, the passengers also can..)

Hence on the A380 with it´s ACUTE (airbus cockpit universal thrust emulator) the 100% THR-value is defined as the maximum thrust available with packs OFF.

But i don´t think that plays an important role for the aerosoft bus...

Timo

We worked the whole weekend on the lights, with mixed success. Still problems with the landing lights, runway turnoff lights and taxiway lights. The standard FSX lights are just to lousy to use in our opinion but the math behind our own system is very complex.

What is fixed are the nav lights. They look darned good and have none of the problems the default lights have. They are almost 100% steady in position, so they do not wonder about like the default lights. In the images you see two kinds, one with a 'glow' effect and one without. The one without looks certainly better (and more realistic) but has the problem it's not very visible from a mile away. So you can optionally add the glow effect that adds the distance.

I just wanted to take the moment to thank you and all the people behind the scenes who are sharing the information with us! All the feedback makes the waiting time endurable :)

very nice livery, but it looks a tad hard to make.

do they actually fly the 321? and do you posibble have any more source images?

No they only fly the 320 and have only four

Please login to display this image.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/aircraft-pictures/assets_c/2009/01/Wataniya%20Airlines-thumb-450x290.jpg

Please login to display this image.

and you can look up Wataniya Airways on airliners.net for more pictures

• Aerosoft

mathijs what about the strobes, any chances for an effect , that we can see the lights on the ground??? like on this video here:

i think it looks really good, would be epic in fsx!!

If we get the math sorted out I think it can be done, but it's very very complex. If there is a wizard in trigonometry around I would seriously appreciate a email to support@aerosoft.com.

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

If we get the math sorted out I think it can be done, but it's very very complex. If there is a wizard in trigonometry around I would seriously appreciate a email to support@aerosoft.com.

i hope it can be done!

This project is one of the best i have seen, congratulations very nice. You can also make the Aegean Airlines livery,which is very nice.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aegean-Airlines/Airbus-A320-232/1644652/L/&sid=ffa82cfdf3d9e3a2055fd7b498135982

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aegean-Airlines/Airbus-A321-231/1648998/L/&sid=ffa82cfdf3d9e3a2055fd7b498135982

or even this livery which contains a advert for the new museum of acropoli.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aegean-Airlines/Airbus-A320-232/1636019/L/&sid=ffa82cfdf3d9e3a2055fd7b498135982

Finaly i would like to ask when is the exact release of aerosoft airbus x

• Upvote 1

Today we closed the development of the external model and the VC (and yes I will do some videos now). I think you agree the model now looks pretty good.

That's cool Mathijs! What's next needed to get developed?

Today we closed the development of the external model and the VC (and yes I will do some videos now). I think you agree the model now looks pretty good.

I think "pretty good" is quite an understatement. My jaw dropped when I saw the level of detail in those pics. It looks absoloutely amazing. Well done to the whole team. You should all be very proud.

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

Well, I could try it... but I've just learned this in school (I was the best in class for it) but what we have done wasn't to complicated... What is the sort of thing you need to get sorted out? If it's something like distances or angles I could give it a try...

The model looks superb BTW.