Aerosoft Airbus X

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs! When we can get this addon smile.gif? When you finish work at this project?

Best Regards Bartosz.

Bartosz with all due respect, only a few posts above the same thing was asked and answered. It's just not very nice just to dump a question without even the smallest effort to find the answer.

The answer of course is March. We hoped for February but that just was not possible.

• Upvote 2

Guest Bartosz

Bartosz with all due respect, only a few posts above the same thing was asked and answered. It's just not very nice just to dump a question without even the smallest effort to find the answer.

The answer of course is March. We hoped for February but that just was not possible.

Sorry for this :) And thanks for reply :)

Bartoszlaugh.gif

We are not sure. We really try to keep things as standard FSX as possible so other addons can use the Bus without problems and this is one such area. We also done some market research and know that customers actually like these things to be included but that they are not used a lot. One reason is that it adds the task of a ground staffer to the user, The pilot only signs off on these things 95% of the time. It's a bit like having the user also drive the pushback car, if you see what I mean. But we do have a few ideas, and we'll see.

Well, it makes sense when you have done some market research and that is the result of it. I trust in the knowledge of the designer to find a appropriate way but it would be really nice to have a possibility to calculate the fuel. For payload you could use FSPassengers or something like that. But for fuel they aren`t a lot of programms to calculate it in a correct way.

So, I hope you or the developers will find a way to make everyone (or the biggest partwink.gif) happy.

Chris

1. Will this aircraft feature the new airbus GPWS sounds or the old ones? I take that it will have the new ones since the model you are making is with the newer IES2 displays. But will both be available?

I think there is no single reason to implement the "old" GPWS" sounds (i think you mean the altitude callouts) because aerosoft is

creating the recent airbus model...

Timo

• Aerosoft

I think there is no single reason to implement the "old" GPWS" sounds (i think you mean the altitude callouts) because aerosoft is

creating the recent airbus model...

True until you consider the fact that the sound recordings we done are on the older type. I hope we find a source for the new sounds, but it's not like we can just call Airbus and have them send over you know. Organizing a new recording is also not an easy thing, requiring massive security clearances etc. We'll see. I do not consider it a hugely important issue.

True until you consider the fact that the sound recordings we done are on the older type. I hope we find a source for the new sounds, but it's not like we can just call Airbus and have them send over you know. Organizing a new recording is also not an easy thing, requiring massive security clearances etc. We'll see. I do not consider it a hugely important issue.

I think it was much cheaper and easier to make some recordings in a Full Flight Sim of Air Berlin-Flightschool in Berlin or

Lufthansa Flight Training in Frankfurt or Munich. These are all Sim-Types of the recent airbus-models.

And the sounds would be exactly realistic as the hardware in these sims (knobs, switches, GPWS unit) is original.

BTW, I spent an hour in the brandnew A380-Sim in Frankfurt last Sunday and it was amazing. The control of the "new" FMS

wit the trackball keyboard and cursor control unit worked intuitively. The handling of the A380 is very

similar to the A320 or A340 (just much more room in the cockpit :D)

Timo

We are not sure. We really try to keep things as standard FSX as possible so other addons can use the Bus without problems and this is one such area. We also done some market research and know that customers actually like these things to be included but that they are not used a lot. One reason is that it adds the task of a ground staffer to the user, The pilot only signs off on these things 95% of the time. It's a bit like having the user also drive the pushback car, if you see what I mean. But we do have a few ideas, and we'll see.

Mathijs,

may I assume that if you decide to include a load manager it would an optional component to use right? Personally, I wouldn't want to be forced into using it.

May I also assume that all the displays pop up and that there are clickable hot spots in the vc? What about the mcdu? Would that pop up as well in some shape or form?

Thanks

• Aerosoft

I think it was much cheaper and easier to make some recordings in a Full Flight Sim of Air Berlin-Flightschool in Berlin or

Lufthansa Flight Training in Frankfurt or Munich. These are all Sim-Types of the recent airbus-models.

And the sounds would be exactly realistic as the hardware in these sims (knobs, switches, GPWS unit) is original.

Ahh I know for a fact that not every up to date sim has the new sound files, sound is not an aspect that's regulated in the specs. But we'll see what happens, I send out some lines to some people and perhaps they can help. Lets put it this way, we are not going to book a simflight just to make these recordings.

• Upvote 1

Its perhaps all minor detail but to keep the interest in this product (not that I would lose interest) could these sound files be added as an optional add-on package later on and maybe other things such as rain effects etc? Simmers like me do like to add and customize a little with freeware stuff that is not sometimes ideal but a continuing development of the Bus could be a good thing?

• Aerosoft

may I assume that if you decide to include a load manager it would an optional component to use right? Personally, I wouldn't want to be forced into using it.

May I also assume that all the displays pop up and that there are clickable hot spots in the vc? What about the mcdu? Would that pop up as well in some shape or form?

You can assume the first. As said we really want to keep this product 100% compatible with anything else. No strange FSX startup modes, key commands that not work. hardware things that do not connect. No need for FSUIPC etc.

You can not assume the second. We are going to stay to the VC views and will not make unrealistic 2D panels. We did spend a lot of time getting the zoomed in views exactly the same as the pilot would see them (all view lines are very accurate as the professional customers demand that). We REALLY want to give the user the feeling the pilots get. Attached the MCDU and the PEDESTAL views. You see you can see and use both MCDU's very easy (and yes they will stay separate so you can have two pages in views) and that the lower pedestal is totally usable.

post-43-126642428628_thumb.jpg

post-43-126642428887_thumb.jpg

Very nice indeed! Will it be possible to do the 3D pan around like you did with the Catalina? I cant remember the name of the person who did it for you but basically we were able to pan around the cockpit before buying to get an idea of the quality of the 'pit'. Maybe as a little teaser?:P

• Aerosoft

Somebody asked me to show a bit of the manual. Now this is a exceptionally nice page but still fun to show. All these lights will work and all of these lights will REALLY light up objects so they are not like standard. Just look at the images (the lights still need tweaking and ONLY the two wing landing lights are on, the nose gear take-off light is off).

Now what we can NOT find is any documents showing how far and how wide the lights shine and Airbus is not willing to help me with this. If anybody has any details I would be very happy!

post-43-126642620431_thumb.jpg

post-43-126642620601_thumb.jpg

post-43-126642620936_thumb.jpg

post-43-126642621047_thumb.jpg

You can not assume the second. We are going to stay to the VC views and will not make unrealistic 2D panels. We did spend a lot of time getting the zoomed in views exactly the same as the pilot would see them (all view lines are very accurate as the professional customers demand that). We REALLY want to give the user the feeling the pilots get. Attached the MCDU and the PEDESTAL views. You see you can see and use both MCDU's very easy (and yes they will stay separate so you can have two pages in views) and that the lower pedestal is totally usable.

Thanks Mathijs.

It certainly looks good when zoomed in, but I wonder for example how clear the PFD is while landing if I have a zoom level that enables me to clearly see the runway as well. I need to check if fsx extra windows can be resized, I could just open up another window zoomed in on the PFD, but I don't recall that being possible.

I could post a pic from the cockpit view with the landing lights on and maybe from that you could work out how far and wide the beam is? Are all centerlines the same length for international airports?

• Aerosoft

Thanks Mathijs.

It certainly looks good when zoomed in, but I wonder for example how clear the PFD is while landing if I have a zoom level that enables me to clearly see the runway as well. I need to check if fsx extra windows can be resized, I could just open up another window zoomed in on the PFD, but I don't recall that being possible.

Sure it is possible to have two (or nine) VC views, see what I got attached. This are all views of the same 3d VC view (so shaded and as many colors as your desktop has, not the flat 256 color 2d panel bitmaps).

post-43-12664268813_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I could post a pic from the cockpit view with the landing lights on and maybe from that you could work out how far and wide the beam is? Are all centerlines the same length for international airports?

Anything would help! Not from multy million dollar sims though, they do it the same way as we do, just guessing. Strange but true.

That light technic is great!

One question Mathijs: When i look closely at the VC picture i see that the background color of the PFD is pure black and the background colour of the ND and EICAS is black-blueish. Do my eyes play a game with me or is this correct?

Ah, one more thing, could you probably specify when in march we could expect the release? Beginning, mid or end of the month?

Conchi

• Aerosoft

That light technic is great!

One question Mathijs: When i look closely at the VC picture i see that the background color of the PFD is pure black and the background colour of the ND and EICAS is black-blueish. Do my eyes play a game with me or is this correct?

Ah, one more thing, could you probably specify when in march we could expect the release? Beginning, mid or end of the month?

We still got to tweak the colors, I will have high def shots after the weekend.

And I am rather sure the release will be between the beginning and the end of the month (sorry for that joke)

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

the lights are looking great, but whhyy no 2D panel? whats so bad about it? a 2d panel can look really good, like airsimmers..could you show us pls a screenshot how the "3D-panel" looks.. without trac IR, its a littl bit annoying to operate all the swichtes..or how shall this work?

Anything would help! Not from multy million dollar sims though, they do it the same way as we do, just guessing. Strange but true.

They are images taken from a video I have so not the highest resolution images but you can clearly see the light fall-off from inside the cockpit at night on the run way, I don't want to post them here shall I post them to support?

the lights are looking great, but whhyy no 2D panel? whats so bad about it? a 2d panel can look really good, like airsimmers..could you show us pls a screenshot how the "3D-panel" looks.. without trac IR, its a littl bit annoying to operate all the swichtes..or how shall this work?

The trend today is 3D modelled gauges. They are modeled and coded very differently than 2D gauges.

Having both a VC and 2D panel would mean that we would have to do all gauges twice.

Using the cameraview feature of FSX in the VC You can actually achieve the same viws as with 2D panels.

Finn

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

None of the images I show are done with Track IR and if I am correct none are done with even moving the views. Just press to cycle the views. Standard FSX function. To operate the switches you just put your mouse cursor on it and left or right click. It seems you have never used a true FSX aircraft, lol.

I have not done any 2d panels in aircraft for 4 years because they simply have very little function. They can all be replace by VC viewpoints. 2d panels show a panel from a dead center, very unrealistic point of view that is like seeing a panel in a book. The Airsimmers 2d panels are nice bitmaps but they got nothing to do with how a pilot sees the panels. Now they got to work in FS2004 with all it's limitations, but that's a sim that 7 years old, things moved on since. I know other devs think different but that's fine, there was a time the same devs did not want to do VC's.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

They are images taken from a video I have so not the highest resolution images but you can clearly see the light fall-off from inside the cockpit at night on the run way, I don't want to post them here shall I post them to support?

Put them on here! By all means!

(putting some pressure on the 3d developer, lol)