Soooo......any news?

Raptor05121

On 11/1/2023 at 4:19 PM, Crabby said:

No, it won't.  I have been a client of AS since the day they became AS.  Ditto PMDG, FENIX, Leonardo.  You name it, I was a first day buyer.  They have all been hounded for updates on this, updates on that, when will this be done, when will that be done.  Once any of them give any quasi-concrete answer like "3rd quarter 2023" on July 1st of 2023 at 0001 hrs they start getting hounded from folks like you about broken promises and reliability and viability and all manner of nonsense.  Read Hans response to you folks above.  AS is not the cause of consternation regarding releases and updates, you people are.  If flight simulation is all you live for then well too bad.  Also, you have to define "maintains its products".  I wonder how many DOS 4.0 users are writing suicide notes because it is no longer supported.  Try and get maintenance or support on an Apple IIc.

The first difference here being that the aircraft developers you listed have done a massive array of updates and fixes since their products launched (all of which have been post-CRJ).
The CRJ has been in need of various major bugfixes and improvements since it's release, but has not been touched. This, by definition, is Abandonware.

You make a rather slapdash reference to ancient OSs, but fail to see that the big difference is that those systems have been superseded and replaced, not abandoned with no replacement offered.

Currently in the eyes of the community as a broad stroke; The CRJs are not selling and not being flown. Most users will have purchased them early on (due to the limited amount of airliners available for MSFS at the time) and then got sick of the constantly hunting LNAV, the basic ground handling, the fact that most switches do not have any impact, and the MCDU which crashes as soon as you breathe near it. Therefore those users have warned others about the bugs and lack of interest by AS to update it, thus there are basically no new buyers.

The Aerosoft CRJ has cemented Aerosoft's reputation within the community as developing products to immediately abandon in a half broken state (Twin Otter being their 2nd aircraft and another perfect example of this). Most of the community expect the same treatment from the A330.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

vor 21 Stunden schrieb swan1100:

Most of the community expect the same treatment from the A330.

Have to admit that I tend to agree. Having bought the exact 2 other AS airplanes you mention I will be very hesitant to buy the 330. it’s not that the CRJ and Twotter don’t fly. But their handling is really terribly, recently gave the CRJ a spin and it what veering down the runway. Again, some SDK related updates and improvements would do no harm. YMMV as usual

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/16/2023 at 9:26 PM, TomReborn said:

Looking at the latest dev update I'm absolutely flabbergasted...might as well have had no update at all. "All fly-by-wire in this section of the aircraft."............what???

I think even the person writing those updates has given up.

• Like 1

I like how they release everyone else's aircraft that get regular updates except their own. Slick move getting people to give them your money and then only like two updates in two years.

• Upvote 4

On 10/31/2023 at 12:42 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

It's simple: While you are asking me to give you more information, other developers get hell from their community because they can't keep announced release dates (for whatever reason. I'm not judging them because I know the work that is involved. If it takes longer, it takes longer. It won't kill anyone). I don't want this. Just look at what happens in the Fenix Discord right now (after they announced the delay of their Block 2 update) and you will understand why I'm going with "It's done when it's done". I'm not a friend of creating hypes or posting WIP screenshots every other day. Expect to see screenshots and more detailed feature information when we're well into beta testing.

I promise you that there will be a CRJ update, although it will likely not be released before the end of the year, that it will be a major one, that it will include the much awaited LNAV/VNAV fixes as well as Simbrief, Navigraph Charts, an updated model with a detailed cabin and more.

Thanks for the update, Hans! Is it possible to elaborate some more on what the update has in store? Big fan of the CRJ, and looking forward to the update from the version I have now in MSFS.

Davis

On 11/23/2023 at 3:58 AM, Avkiller said:

I like how they release everyone else's aircraft that get regular updates except their own. Slick move getting people to give them your money and then only like two updates in two years.

Hans is working on an update so it will get a new version. Keep in mind that the CRJ was the very first complex aircraft released for the sim; it was written for a sim that is now very different from what it was. Updating it to 2024 status simply is not a small task and takes some time. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Hans is working on an update so it will get a new version. Keep in mind that the CRJ was the very first complex aircraft released for the sim; it was written for a sim that is now very different from what it was. Updating it to 2024 status simply is not a small task and takes some time. 

And yet, just maybe, if Aerosoft had done periodic updates of their product in the first place, you wouldn't be so far "behind the curve" at this point.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

@Hans Hartmanncould we get a "hidden" auto throttle hold switch somewhere? Maybe linked to a screw or something similar in the cockpit so that we can walk away from the plane on longer flights and keep our speed set? I know that the CRJ doesn't have auto throttle, but a hidden one would be beneficial when at cruise on longer flights. Hope to hear a response from you on this!

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 8:45 AM, Crabby said:

proportionally the screens are correct or nearly so.  Like in a real aircraft you have to adjust your seat.  You have to turn your head/move your eyes to see the eye indicator in real life.  What a pilot sees in front of him with just eye movement is his two screens and his side of the MCP.  Head movements are required to see other things CLEARLY.  If you have "correctly set the eye position by the indicator, and the screens are too small, you are "sitting" too far back in the cockpit.  A tracking system like Track IR adds much to the enjoyment/realism. 

This is incorrect. I fly the CRJ in real life and the screens in the Aerosoft are hardly close to the real deal. Everything on them is way too small. You can see the PFD and the text on it way easier in the real aircraft. The coloring of the ground and sky on the PFD is off, as is the color of lots of the text, particularly the blue, magenta, and cyan. The screens also have a strange blueish glow to them.. they are black in the real plane.

• Upvote 3

On 11/26/2023 at 7:50 AM, jay jay said:

And yet, just maybe, if Aerosoft had done periodic updates of their product in the first place, you wouldn't be so far "behind the curve" at this point.  

Exactly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 5:37 PM, CVG99 said:

This is incorrect. I fly the CRJ in real life and the screens in the Aerosoft are hardly close to the real deal. Everything on them is way too small. You can see the PFD and the text on it way easier in the real aircraft. The coloring of the ground and sky on the PFD is off, as is the color of lots of the text, particularly the blue, magenta, and cyan. The screens also have a strange blueish glow to them.. they are black in the real plane.

Expect a post from the Dev or our resident Aerosoft supporter any day now explaining how you are completely wrong and Aerosoft got it right.   I'd be happy if they just brightened up the instrument panel a bit.   Even on a bright day, the panel always seems to be much darker than it should be. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/31/2023 at 6:42 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

... an updated model with a detailed cabin and more.

Does that also mean changes to the exterior model? I can't help but notice the winglets' (as well as the wingtip lights') shape on the CRJ900/1000 being inaccurate.

Hi,
Also, the lighting level of taxi lights is insufficient at night.

I don't know if in reality it's like that but I fill the drivers in this case then.

In fact, it is impossible to follow the taxiway lines because they are not lit by lights.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KoBboyz said:

In fact, it is impossible to follow the taxiway lines because they are not lit by lights.

That’s a pet peeve of mine with MSFS…in real life, taxi lines and runway markings are typically self reflective (just like street markings on a highway). Unfortunately, they’re not in MSFS, which means that you need even stronger lights than reality to be able to get the same utility.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 4:05 PM, KoBboyz said:

Hi,
Also, the lighting level of taxi lights is insufficient at night.

I don't know if in reality it's like that but I fill the drivers in this case then.

It's an issue in real aircraft too, and it's common for pilots to turn on the center landing lights to aid in taxiing.

• Like 3

I, personally, will not be buying any more Aerosoft aircraft products. I don't care whether the reason is Aerosoft's lack of resources due to other projects or simple neglect - either way, as a consumer, I simply don't feel confident that any future purchases have the same level of follow-up support that I expect and receive from other developers. It's as simple as that.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, molleh said:

I, personally, will not be buying any more Aerosoft aircraft products. I don't care whether the reason is Aerosoft's lack of resources due to other projects or simple neglect - either way, as a consumer, I simply don't feel confident that any future purchases have the same level of follow-up support that I expect and receive from other developers. It's as simple as that.

I’d argue that Aerosoft really needs a compelling reason. Either they’re suddenly the prime aircraft supplier for MSFS2024 and they’re all-hands-on-deck for that, or the next update is diamond-studded. Something between those is the only reasonable thing I could see for the exorbitant delay in getting an update pushed to the CRJ and Twin Otter. 

But otherwise, yeah, I do agree with you on that. I’m generally a fairly patient and forgiving individual, but I feel like Aerosoft isn’t really demonstrating that they’ll be providing reliable product support in a reasonable timeframe. I mean hell, a certain 737 developer took double the amount of time to push their first public 737 release to MSFS, and even then they managed to push continuous updates to keep up with the sim and further improve the code (even when they haven’t got an EFB fully up and running).

• Upvote 2

On 11/15/2023 at 5:30 PM, swan1100 said:

The Aerosoft CRJ has cemented Aerosoft's reputation within the community as developing products to immediately abandon in a half broken state (Twin Otter being their 2nd aircraft and another perfect example of this). Most of the community expect the same treatment from the A330.

Yep. Well said. 

I fly, almost exclusively, the CRJ because it's one of the more hands on commercial airliners, it's got complexity, and when I fly I'm not looking to be in the air on autopilot longer than 1/1.5 hrs. It fits my flight style perfectly.

It's disappointing to have so many nonfunctional buttons in the cockpit. It's disappointing that there are still missing features and major bugs over a year and a half after I purchased this plane. And it's disappointing that when I come to check on status for patches nothing has changed in the year since I last came to check on patch status. A year is a VERY long time for an active and buggy product to go without an update and we are approaching a year and a half on the CRJ.

To Hans' credit, I'm glad to see in this thread that an update is coming. But this release schedule is crazy. Corporate suppliers would never, ever get away with going this long between software patches. I have no doubt that Hans is likely doing great work on the update, but it's extremely clear that AS is not allocating enough resources to these updates and whether AS is blind to it or not, it's hurting the CRJ's sales and it's hurting Aerosoft's reputation.

And man wouldn't a weather radar be nice. I think it was Sim update X that opened up the APIs for that implementation... a year ago? Seriously, when this update does drop the expectations are gonna be through the roof.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 4:20 AM, amahran said:

I’d argue that Aerosoft really needs a compelling reason. Either they’re suddenly the prime aircraft supplier for MSFS2024 and they’re all-hands-on-deck for that, or the next update is diamond-studded. Something between those is the only reasonable thing I could see for the exorbitant delay in getting an update pushed to the CRJ and Twin Otter. 

Aerosoft is not the owner of the Twin Otter. They are not even selling it. So they are simply not in a position to do any update, that is all in the hands of the new owner.  When they were still the owner (and I the project manager), they released 13 updates in 16 months for this product. The last one three weeks before the product was taken out off sales. 

On the 737 EFB, I would state it is rather complete, you might point at the fact we do some things via the CDU and not the EFB, but that has good reasons that were publically discussed. 

Regarding weather radar, nothing has changed since it was introduced. The SDK offers access to a sim-created bitmap to holds a top down view of weather.  As if your aircraft was at FL1000 and pointed down. This is not enough to simulate a even mildly accurate weather radar and certainly totally inadequate to avoid weather. It's a nice picture. The problem with implementing this nice picture is that people who are not following forums every day will complain it is buggy. That is why many devs have so far decided not to use it.  As time progresses and more and more people understand it is just a nice picture and not a WXR that is slowly changing. 

Mathijs Kok

PMDG

• Upvote 3

Hello everyone,

For me the CRJ is a broken product. Given that I now have a few days off and wanting to take the CRJ for some flights in the sim, I can only say it is broken. It oscillates like crazy and then dive bombs causing the aircraft to crash.

There have been no updates to thiis product for eons. While other payware aircraft are being updated on a regular, CRJ has remaind in this stage for months now.

The prduct was expensive to acquire and while I don't expect a perfect working product right from the beginning, the lack of support is shocking.

As a paying customer I am really disappointed.

Given that the German federal government is now giving Aerosoft almost half a million Euros of our tax money, I expect them to deliver. But knowing full well, they won't!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SixFootScream said:

Hello everyone,

For me the CRJ is a broken product. Given that I now have a few days off and wanting to take the CRJ for some flights in the sim, I can only say it is broken. It oscillates like crazy and then dive bombs causing the aircraft to crash.

There have been no updates to thiis product for eons. While other payware aircraft are being updated on a regular, CRJ has remaind in this stage for months now.

The prduct was expensive to acquire and while I don't expect a perfect working product right from the beginning, the lack of support is shocking.

As a paying customer I am really disappointed.

Given that the German federal government is now giving Aerosoft almost half a million Euros of our tax money, I expect them to deliver. But knowing full well, they won't!

Hi,
This is bad luck for your use of the CRJ.
I don't know on which version you are having this problem.
Have you tried reinstalling the CRJ ?

I don't have this problem with the CRJ700 which works quite well.
I say rather because my last flight encountered a problem for I don't know what reason.
While following his flight plan and close to arrival. The AP stopped without understanding why. I had to do the rest of my flight by hand.

Happy flights to you.

If I were Hans, I would be burned out just by reading this shit-storm... 

I don't know why they've not had resources to work more on the project earlier, but the past is the past. Looking very much forward to an update to the CRJ. 

How is the ATR btw? I guess it'll be logical to expect that the CRJ will reach a similar level?

• Upvote 1