Aerosoft Airport: Oslo-Gardermoen (ENGM) (released)

Jonas S.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Stunden schrieb avduarri01:

I can't see the video :(

No problem here, maybe a browser/connection or whatever issue?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 9:03 AM, Hugo_J said:

Another dev, which made EKBI, is doing EKCH at the moment. I think it will be better than the current option, and dont think it will make sense from a business point of view for Jo Erlend to work on EKCH too

"Another developer" is me 🙂 I am currently making EKCH for MSFS.

/John

SimNord

• Like 3

Just wondering whether there is any update on this scenery? There has been no news for a month. It's now a full calendar year since Orbx released their Gardermoen scenery. Like many others I have been waiting patiently because I suspect your airport will be better - simply because Jo Erlend is behind it. The screenshots we have seen look fantastic, and to be honest pretty complete. I have lived in Oslo, and ENGM is my Norwegian home airport, so I desperately want to fly there. Really hope we won't have to wait much longer. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, westbros said:

Just wondering whether there is any update on this scenery? There has been no news for a month. It's now a full calendar year since Orbx released their Gardermoen scenery. Like many others I have been waiting patiently because I suspect your airport will be better - simply because Jo Erlend is behind it. The screenshots we have seen look fantastic, and to be honest pretty complete. I have lived in Oslo, and ENGM is my Norwegian home airport, so I desperately want to fly there. Really hope we won't have to wait much longer. 

Hard to say. I'm excited about it too, but every time frame provided has been grossly inaccurate. So It could be released in a month or a year.

• Developer
23 hours ago, Martin_M said:

Is that Nool VDGS or the Aerosoft one?

Hi, the scenery uses the in-house Aerosoft VDGS module.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

Hi, the scenery uses the in-house Aerosoft VDGS module.

You think there's a chance we can choose between the two of them? I quite like nool, and the stuff they are doing with Vatsim integration etc is really cool. Also more convenient not having to go into any menu to select the gate etc. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
Am 17.2.2024 um 22:42 schrieb Martin_M:

You think there's a chance we can choose between the two of them? I quite like nool, and the stuff they are doing with Vatsim integration etc is really cool. Also more convenient not having to go into any menu to select the gate etc. 

We are working on a larger range of functions for our VDGS. @BenBaronis already working on that...I mean VATSIM etc. is also on the list.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

as @Raphael Jakobhas elluded to above, there is indeed plans to bring our in house module to a v2. This includes getting rid of the menu, adding online functionality (VATSIM and the likes) etc.

It is not there is a lack of ideas and motivation from our side, but as you might have guessed already, in the end it all comes down to priorities and resources. Thats why I am not able to give you a clear time frame, just yet.

It is indeed on our list and moves up our internal backlog and as soon as time and progress are ripe, we will for sure show you what we have.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Geir Haukland said:

WHY not? Its still a well used platform as well as the MSFS thing,

No. It is not. As the navigraph survey clearly shows. P3D is dead and buried, and Aerosoft has announced that it wouldn't support it anymore a long time ago, same as many other developers.

https://navigraph.com/blog/survey-2023

• Like 6

Am 19.2.2024 um 08:25 schrieb Raphael Jakob:

We are working on a larger range of functions for our VDGS. @BenBaronis already working on that...I mean VATSIM etc. is also on the list.

Big damn nice news!!!! ❤️

On 2/26/2024 at 3:47 PM, Geir Haukland said:

Since when did you changed your name to Jo Erlend? Just asking, cause this was a question for him and NOT you.

Simply being helpful by sparing him the effort to explain to the usual P3D nostalgic why the platform isn't supported anymore. If you want to ask someone something privately and don't want anyone else to chime in, you can send them a private message instead of posting on a public forum. 

• Like 6

I dont see why we need 3thrd Oslo, we allrdy have 1 from ORBX and one freeware... I think Sola/ENZV need to get some love soon, is outdated and know one cares about it.

In my case, I don't see three options for Oslo because the JUSTSIM version is a no go for me. I won't spend a dollar even on a sale for this version. So this lets me choosing between Orbx and Jo, and after EDDK and EBBR I have no problem about waiting for Jo's version.

I supose a lot of people is in the same situation as me, or even people that maybe has purchased the Orbx or Justsim version and will replace them with Jo's version.

Regards

• Like 2