Bug topic in Flight Simulator forum (Voting REOPENED)

janjoensson

This morning I posted a topic in the official Flight Simulator forum, Bug report section under Aircraft system, titled "Make the Aerosoft CRJ flyable again" (click link bellow):

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/make-aerosoft-crj-flyable-again/431991?u=joenssonswe 

This makes it possible for users to upvote the need of a hotfix 2 or something from Microsoft/Asobo team asap, to get the CRJ up in the air again.

Dont know if it helps, but with many votes it might get prioritiezed. Although I am sure there is a productive dialog between Aerosoft and Asobo already.

Best regards

Jan

Just now, tribejagd said:

Commented and voted! @janjoensson... Add the link to your MSFS forum post inside your post here... So it is much easier to find, vote and comment it.

Thanks!

It's in my message, but it would be better if it was at the subject beginning.

9 minutes ago, murat006 said:

I commented and voted.  If everyone does, it will draw attention.  Let's keep this topic updated, only 6 people have voted yet.  Everyone should put their hand under the stone.  A comment and vote is not difficult.  Thanks for the topic.

Voted Make Aerosoft CRJ flyable again

9 minutes ago, murat006 said:

It's in my message, but it would be better if it was at the subject beginning.

Thank you very much for the idea! I have now added the link in my topic text :)

I voted this morning (US Eastern time) before vote ended - thanks for doing that Jan, gave it more visibility. Hans & team are doing their best, and we'll all be back to it soon

vor 1 hour , janjoensson sagte:

We got to 60 votes, but for some reason a forum admin at Flight Simulator marked the bugreport as "completed" and moved it so its not possible to vote anymore. Anyway, thanks to everyone voting.  https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/make-aerosoft-crj-flyable-again/431991?u=joenssonswe

A shame that the post is moved.. :(

Full explanation as of why is in that thread now. In short, policy. 

However if there is a thread that underlines the issue in the core sim, separate from third party, it can be allowed 😉

3 minutes ago, AwesomeBlack said:

Full explanation as of why is in that thread now. In short, policy. 

However if there is a thread that underlines the issue in the core sim, separate from third party, it can be allowed 😉

Good to know! Hopefully the CRJ issues get fixed asap, that is the important thing :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

There's an explanation in the thread as to the reason why it was moved. It's their train set, so they get to make the rules, just like any other website. And it's acknowledged the fix is joint MS/Asobo and Aerosoft.

Copied from the MSF forum topic:

This was moved into #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft because it’s all about a third party addon. The #bugs-and-issues category is only for core content. That’s just the policy on this forum. That doesn’t mean the team isn’t aware.

Since aerosoft and asobo have a more direct communication they are probably better aware than us users about what’s happening.

Because the #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft category has no voting ability the votes were closed/removed. This triggers an automated system message named completed to let users know they got a vote back in their pool.

For further question send a PM to @moderators. We won’t discuss moderation in public

• Aerosoft

But the basic fact is this is NOT a bug in the DLC but one in the core content. The move and closure therefor are not correct and not just. While they run the trainset and set the rules for the forum, the facts do not support their decision to close the topic and to "blame" the developer. The issue is in the sim and and not the add-on and we can show we could not foresee this issue. While we take full responsibility to get our products running on the sim and will do everything we can to solve this issue, the basic fact is that we are not able to do so. While we are not responsible for this and are terribly sorry, that is how things are. Should you have bought the product AFTER SU5 was released and wish to get refunded, do contact us on support@aerosoft.com. We do not want to sell you a product that is not functional. 

We are totally unable to solve this issue. It was caused by a new, undocumented, setting the in the SDK. The only way to fix this is by a hotfix of the simulator (we are hoping to see very very soon) or by a very uncomfortable set of actions to be done by the user (see the attached document).  

Workaround the stuck airspeed indicator issue (1).pdf

@Mathijs KokSome good news would be nice for these bored folks. You said earlier that you would share the update content (1.0.6.0) if things got delayed. I think things are late. At least hopeful news will make us all happy. We are aware of the effort you have put in so far. Thanks for everything.

• janjoensson changed the title to Bug topic in Flight Simulator forum (Voting REOPENED)

The thread got 100 votes. But there are definitely more than 100 flightless. If you haven't voted, please vote. This is a breaking point. The more votes it gets, the more important it will become. We must show our reaction. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, TOKYOWOK said:

I have attempted to vote for this however it says I have reached my vote limit despite not voting for anything, I sense sabotage lol

If you cannot vote, please write a letter containing your complaint. In this way, the subject is up-to-date and attracts more attention.

They changed their voting system a while ago, so Level 1 Members can only vote for 10 items now. Had to remove about 50 votes for this, but I think it's a worthy cause. 

156 votes in total, and now on the official hotfix list from Asobo/Microsoft. Thank you everyone for voting and participating.

Read statement about upcoming hotfix for MSFS here:  https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/regarding-your-feedback-upcoming-hotfix/436063?u=joenssonswe

Looking forward to the updated CRJ in a few days.

Best regards

Jan

Archived