Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Aerosoft Team
Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, nonoamg said:

I have a question, will it be possible to simulate breakdowns? and the lights of the plane will be as beautiful as on x-plane12?

No, in all our aircraft we only model Normal Operation and not emergencies or failures.  We simulate the job of the pilot, not the training of the pilot. 

And indeed the lighting of XP12 is superb, but I think MSFS can match it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, in all our aircraft we only model Normal Operation and not emergencies or failures.  We simulate the job of the pilot, not the training of the pilot. 

And indeed the lighting of XP12 is superb, but I think MSFS can match it.

I would humbly say "overcome it by a large margin."

The lighting of XP12 is an improvement over XP11, but it's still a 2015-standard compared to the wider gaming industry (as opposed to 2010).

it's a shame for emergency situations after it's better to have real flight experience it will be controllable as in reality? yes I really like the night lights on xplane x 12 but in terms of texture I prefer yours it really looks better with the photos

• Aerosoft
30 minutes ago, nonoamg said:

it's a shame for emergency situations after it's better to have real flight experience it will be controllable as in reality? yes I really like the night lights on xplane x 12 but in terms of texture I prefer yours it really looks better with the photos

I am not sure what you mean. We do not care about most emergencies because they are just not relevant for flight simmers. We like realism, so if we would do flight aborting emergencies we would do them as they happen on real aircraft.

• Would you like to handle a dual engine failure on an Airbus twin engine jet? It happened only one time as far as we can tell and that was after 19.000.000 hours of flight. 
  • Would you like to model a fire in the APU? It has not happened in any A320/A330 series.  So how often do you want this to happen? Every 22 million hours? 

As I always said, if you want REALISTIC failures, I promise our DLC has them. If you do not get a dual engine failure after a million hours of flight, we will refund. Heck I will refund after 1000 hours.

• You know how many A320 flights were cut short because toilets were blocked? 84 times.
  • You want to know how many A320 flight were cut short because of 'smells'? over 200 times.
  • You know how many A320 flights were cut short because of drunk passengers? Nobody knows but it is way over 5000. 

That is what pilot have to deal with. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

yes I understand I agree with you it was just a question because I bought a 777 from captain sim and I got really scammed he sucks at flying they made no graphic effort nothing at all anything c is it complicated to simulate breakdowns with a simulator I understand I worked 10 years at the airport suddenly I know the breakdowns at the level of the control of the plane it will be like in reality?

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

You know how many A320 flights were cut short because of drunk passengers? Nobody knows but it is way over 5000. 

Ok. So this means you will simulate drunken passengers?:D

• Like 4

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Benjamin Whitehead said:

will the  cockpit door work so i ccan walk arund the cabin

What for? During flight pilots never walk around in the cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

What for? During flight pilots never walk around in the cabin.

But they have a drone camera? That's the beauty of a simulator. You can do all sorts of stuff, you can go walk with the dog, make dinner, paint some walls. 

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Cygnific said:

But they have a drone camera? That's the beauty of a simulator. You can do all sorts of stuff, you can go walk with the dog, make dinner, paint some walls. 

I will be careful here, lol.

We actually do not care a lot about the cabin because that is not where the the pilot flies the aircraft. And that is really very much where we want to focus our attention. I know a lot of simmers feel that a fully modeled cabin (I still have to see one that actually looks seriously good) is important. But that adds a few weeks of development time, at least $8000 in costs and at least 3 fps. Now I understand this will look great in product page images and some reviewers will love it. Yet we are very focused on one single thing. Flight simulation from the viewpoint of the captain.  And the captain does not walk the cabin (as they used to do). He does not use the 'wing view' to see if the flaps are deployed. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will be careful here, lol.

We actually do not care a lot about the cabin because that is not where the the pilot flies the aircraft. And that is really very much where we want to focus our attention. I know a lot of simmers feel that a fully modeled cabin (I still have to see one that actually looks seriously good) is important. But that adds a few weeks of development time, at least $8000 in costs and at least 3 fps. Now I understand this will look great in product page images and some reviewers will love it. Yet we are very focused on one single thing. Flight simulation from the viewpoint of the captain.  And the captain does not walk the cabin (as they used to do). He does not use the 'wing view' to see if the flaps are deployed. 

For me it's not a must have tbh, but if it's there it's nice to just go and have a look. I understand that it's not a top priority and costs will rise a lot, it was more to react on "it's not realistic" (but we are in a simulator).

In my view the modeled cabin is not as important as the Aircraft's system none the less, at least we want only a good exterior model as we will be able to see cabin seats from the windows. We don't need that much details as in Fenix to preserve fps for better performance.

The previews looks great too me so far :)

A good Long hauler is missing in my MSFS hangar right now^^ I hope it will be filled with my be loved A330, it was in P3D already a really nice aircraft!

Cheers

Bernd

• Upvote 1

me personally . I would really love a cabin. I have enjoyed the development of your airbuses all the way back to the LTU package you did - I think with papa tango developers.

I don't know how many of the flight simmers are professional pilots or how many are just enthusiasts who love flying, they love going on holiday for the flights. 

I am one , I only got as far as ppl. And this is a big part of my enjoyment of flight sim not to emulate my experiences as a pilot but to emulate my experiences flying on holiday as a passenger. 

I love your P3D A320,A330 products with the co pilot assistance, but I do like other developers 777/767 simply for the long haul flight and the views from the passenger perspective of sunrise and sunset or even a day time cruise in the tropical conditions. 

I don't know what the development cycle is , but there must be time when like now when most of the design artists have finished on the product and it is down to the tech coding, could they use this time to consider modelling a cabin. Offer it as a addon premium and just test to see if there is a market for it . I believe when you were developing the A320 Prof for P3d the product was also being developed for other clients other then simmers, perhaps they might be interested in a fully developed visual aircraft. 

Hope all is well with all

On 6/7/2022 at 4:35 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I am not sure what you mean. We do not care about most emergencies because they are just not relevant for flight simmers. We like realism, so if we would do flight aborting emergencies we would do them as they happen on real aircraft.

• Would you like to handle a dual engine failure on an Airbus twin engine jet? It happened only one time as far as we can tell and that was after 19.000.000 hours of flight. 
  • Would you like to model a fire in the APU? It has not happened in any A320/A330 series.  So how often do you want this to happen? Every 22 million hours? 

As I always said, if you want REALISTIC failures, I promise our DLC has them. If you do not get a dual engine failure after a million hours of flight, we will refund. Heck I will refund after 1000 hours.

• You know how many A320 flights were cut short because toilets were blocked? 84 times.
  • You want to know how many A320 flight were cut short because of 'smells'? over 200 times.
  • You know how many A320 flights were cut short because of drunk passengers? Nobody knows but it is way over 5000. 

That is what pilot have to deal with. 

I applaud your views on this. Do you want a emergency simulator or you wanna a flight simulator? I'm glad your effort goes into the best parts of flying.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

• Aerosoft Team changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview
  • Aerosoft Team pinned this topic
  • Tom unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Tom unpinned and locked this topic