Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
On 5/20/2022 at 1:32 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The issue is that a lot of the work done now is not really visible. For example the layers of 'dirt' are being added, but without decals it looks pretty bland. Will have some more soon.

Here is an example of what I meant. Here you see the fuselage with texture layers but without any decals. So it is bland and not very detailed. Details are not in the textures but in the decals (okay those are also textures but you get what I mean).

Please login to display this image.

This is the base layer, all the details are put on top of that. All the panel lines, rivets, text etc. This is the 'paint' on the aircraft. So it is stained, discolored, more and less reflective in places. A 2K texture is all that is needed because there are no details, no sharp lines. 

This is 2022, this is MSFS, if you see people saying something has 8K textures it means they do not understand decals. 2K textures with decals where needed simply look way better you can put a 8 point text (so 5 mm high) on a panel and it will be 100% sharp and readable.  At a fraction of the memory load. It is also the difference between 60 fps and 30 fps.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Definetly, I see a lot of people say 8k textures a lot regarding to msfs planes and to be honest I was thinking like them but after I read your message I began to change my mind and I'm wondering Do decals will do that massive change ? you know I have no idea about textures and modelling. Another question I want to ask, Do we will be able to see seats from the window? I mean do windows will be glass not painted as p3d version ? 

• Aerosoft
16 hours ago, ahmed2003 said:

Definetly, I see a lot of people say 8k textures a lot regarding to msfs planes and to be honest I was thinking like them but after I read your message I began to change my mind and I'm wondering Do decals will do that massive change ? you know I have no idea about textures and modelling. Another question I want to ask, Do we will be able to see seats from the window? I mean do windows will be glass not painted as p3d version ? 

Yes we use the modern way of doing an interior, so it is not a 3d model but it will look fully 3d from the outside with all perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 3:29 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are looking for at least two more A330 pilots to assist with the testing of the flight model. If you are willing to help, contact me on mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.  Please forgive me when I will ask for some proof you are indeed a pilot, we have been hurt by 16 year old 'captains' in the past.

My colleagues Brother is an A330 FO. he does not use any home simulation but he is going to ask his other colleagues.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
On 5/24/2022 at 12:20 PM, nonoamg said:

there is still a lot of work to do on the aircraft? xbox and pc versions will be the same?

There is still a lot to do and we will make one version for MSFS, MSFS Xbox and MSFS Cloud.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 7:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes. Simmers expect that, even though in many aircraft the pilots will never ever hear the flap motors.  Totally unrealistic but we learned the hard way that if a sim pilot extends the flaps they expect to get a audio feedback.  Even in an A380.  Even with noise canceling headphones simulated. 

Thats pretty insane/absurd/stupido.

I uninstalled the FBW a320 as the reverse-engine sound was totally unrealistic from the cockpit.

What about an option in the EFB, to change over to realistic sound levels for the purists?

• Aerosoft
21 hours ago, mikkel said:

Thats pretty insane/absurd/stupido.
What about an option in the EFB, to change over to realistic sound levels for the purists?

I know.  My friends will all start to shout now to shut me up but I am going to tell this once again. The F-16 sound story.

See, we did an F-16. And as we were very lucky and had friends flying that aircraft we did sound recordings inside the cockpit. In fact INSIDE the helmet, so really as the pilot hears the aircraft. I mean serious accurate. Worked weeks on it. And customers hated it because they did not hear the engine.  I was called an idiot, the two viperdrivers that posted on the forums to confirm the sound set was very accurate were called fakes. So we did a new recording with a microphone in the cockpit and people loved it. That is what they believed a F-16 sounds like. 

And it was totally and utterly wrong. No pilot has ever flown a F-16 without the correct helmet on.  But it was what customers expect. Just as we know we will get dozens of comments and bad reviews if we do not add flap sounds. Just like a major review stated our A320 was shite because the engines would run without the fuel pumps on. That did cost us a few thousands in turnover. Of course the engines in a A320 are gravity fed and will run fine without fuel pumps. 

Don't even get me started on the sound set of the Huey. If it did not sound like it did in Apocalypse Now (whoop-whoop-whoop) it could not be correct. 

Every add-on developer knows that you simply have to meet the expectations of the customer in some occasions.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I assume there will be a Pause at T/D.
But will you be able to have a real sim pause and not that worthless MSFS "Active Pause"
PMDG 737 did not succeed which means that after the Pause at T/D the fuel continues to be consumed.
You have to fill the aircraft with fuel before you can continue. SimBrief planning is lost etc

Mats

• Aerosoft
On 5/27/2022 at 12:57 AM, mseder said:

I assume there will be a Pause at T/D.
But will you be able to have a real sim pause and not that worthless MSFS "Active Pause"
PMDG 737 did not succeed which means that after the Pause at T/D the fuel continues to be consumed.
You have to fill the aircraft with fuel before you can continue. SimBrief planning is lost etc

Mats

Not looked at that yet, but if PMDG is not able to, I doubt we can. Will talk to Robert Randazzo about it this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Helzer said:

Any reason why it is not possible to search in this topic? Moderators complaining about frequently asked questions but leave out an important search function amazes me.

Go to "Search" in the top right of the screen.

Click on "This Topic".

Here you go

On 5/29/2022 at 2:28 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Not looked at that yet, but if PMDG is not able to, I doubt we can. Will talk to Robert Randazzo about it this week.

Easiest way make it go to the menu (when you press escape) lol.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Hugo_J:

Go to "Search" in the top right of the screen.

Click on "This Topic".

Here you go

The closest I can search in is “Announcements & Previews” < “Product Previews”. That’s it. I can’t choose “This Topic”. Then when I try to search in “Product Previews” I get also results from other Previews I have no interest in.

I cannot wait for the Aerosoft A330 personally, as I am longing to do A330 ops with AirAsia! Of course I will have to promote doing a cabin as it simply completes any aircraft perfectly and it truly does amaze most people what is possible in MSFS, such as the PMDG and Fenixsim cabins.

Here is to hoping it will be the amazing add-on we are all hoping for!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Has there been any further discussion on the A330F?

Maybe do the passenger plus the freighter as an expansion or a the freighter as the main and the passenger as the expansion if that makes sense?

Like the way TFDI are doing the MD-11.