Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

4 minutes ago, SoarandSkor said:

Completely agree. I don’t think anyone (at least not me) is upset about the NEO, although maybe disappointed cause they were looking for an a350. I do hope aerosoft will listen to their community though and develop the other two engine variants. It is something that would really make a lot of people happy, and would definitely get me to buy the “base” variant where I might not be considering it right now.

It’s their way or the highway unfortunately 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SoarandSkor said:

Completely agree. I don’t think anyone (at least not me) is upset about the NEO, although maybe disappointed cause they were looking for an a350. I do hope aerosoft will listen to their community though and develop the other two engine variants. It is something that would really make a lot of people happy, and would definitely get me to buy the “base” variant where I might not be considering it 

24 minutes ago, SimPilotMika said:

It’s their way or the highway unfortunately 

Well maybe it doesn't have to be. We all know that aerosoft managers and mathjis all see these threads and their customers, and you would hope that the company would listen to their customers. You see a clear difference in community likeability and general outlook in the devs that listen to their customers and regularly ask what they want versus the companies that don't. Companies like INI and Fenix are constnantly on social media interacting with their customers and taking everything they have to say to heart, and their reputations in the community reflect as such. Although it may be wishful thinking, I do hope that somewhere down the line, aerosoft will listen to their community's feedback and add the engine variants/-200 that so many people have asked for. The same could be said for the A330-800 which we could assume will likely be left out as well.

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, Nathan Skor said:

Well maybe it doesn't have to be. We all know that aerosoft managers and mathjis all see these threads and their customers, and you would hope that the company would listen to their customers. You see a clear difference in community likeability and general outlook in the devs that listen to their customers and regularly ask what they want versus the companies that don't. Companies like INI and Fenix are constnantly on social media interacting with their customers and taking everything they have to say to heart, and their reputations in the community reflect as such. Although it may be wishful thinking, I do hope that somewhere down the line, aerosoft will listen to their community's feedback and add the engine variants/-200 that so many people have asked for. The same could be said for the A330-800 which we could assume will likely be left out as well.

I honestly think that a lot of these old school devs are struggling to adapt or even see how drastically the community has changed since FSX/P3D. The old business model simply doesn't appeal to the new crowd anymore, their expectations from a company are completely different.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

h

1 hour ago, Nathan Skor said:

i wish they would, but this forum is like voicing our opinion to no one, theres no one actually taking suggestions from this thread, its all up to them theres no way they gonna develop the -200 or the ge and pw engines because according to them its not viable, and theres no way we can change there opinon

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

The Fenix and Flybywire aren’t available to Xbox, which is a good percentage of the market.

LatinVFR has sold like crazy to the XBox market.  They already have the 18/19/20/21 too.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well the next project will be the A330neo; we got some pretty good information we can finally use. After that, we'll go for the smaller fish!

Will the NEO have the 242T variant or the 251T variant?

Seems producing an aircraft depends entirely on availability of performance+flightmodel data on the net or through the aviation networking circle coupled with some legality issue on obtaining such samples. But the fact that the 330neo(Likely 900series) has data available whereas the A330-200 series does not seems a bit fishy.

I do suspect the A330-200 can be easily designed over the 330neo which is still fairly new. As for the 200F or 300 converted freighters, these are likely hardlocked for years to come.

Interesting to see that the a330 as a whole underwent many revision in performance and even wing design. The latest CEO variants having shorter wing fairings that is nearly akin to the NEO series but retaining the older winglets as one example.

Hopefully Aerosoft does take into consideration with the 200series and the alternative PW GEs Engines in the future.

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 7

I think the A330neo will be great. The headwind, as great as it is is severely lacking - and I know the majority of us give it a free pass because it is that, free. We all know the weights aren't right, the performance of the engines aren't study level, the cockpit is a mish-mash of A320 and A330 cockpit (although similar, are fundamentally different in layout especially the overhead) and is merely patched. It doesn't really satisfy the itch of "I'm simulating an A330neo" it does the "I'm simulating an A320 that's simulating an A330neo". I think not everyone is willing to invest the cash for what will inherently be a marginal amount of improvement for most. But overall, if as-accurate-as-possible is something you care about, I think it'll be leagues above the pretend slap-on a few mods to the FBW and away we go. It also makes the most financial sense to develop upon the platform you already have being the A330ceo, and fleshing out the "family" so to speak.

I just hope this gives us some likelihood of getting a GE variant A330ceo, and possibly a -200 variant as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

Il y a 5 heures, YAG a déclaré :

(Respectueusement) regarder les images de l'avion a commencé à devenir un peu ennuyeux. Pouvons-nous avoir quelque chose d'existant comme l'annonce de la date de sortie ou plutôt libérer l'avion s'il vous plaît. Parce que je veux vraiment le faire voler.

I agree with that

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Frap 99:

With the fenix i need no other a320... it's a dead market

Given the fact that also FSLabs A32x is around the corner. Plus Flybywire A20Neo. Those A32x are definitely a dead market and Aerosoft can't beat any of the named ones. Why not copying the data x2 and doing an A340? Or A350? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Can’t help but wonder if the people that are disappointed by the neo announcement and saying they’d rather have a different engine variant instead realise how small of an audience they are. Guaranteed 99% of the ‘addressable audience’ for *any* MSFS plane doesn’t give a hoot about specifics like that. In fact, I’m surprised AS are even doing a neo variant, because even the ceo vs. neo story is lost on most people. Completely irrelevant.

I’m not saying this to annoy people, I’m merely pointing out that I think there’s really not a lot of money to be made with the whole ‘engine variant story’, and I’m not surprised AS doesn’t seem interested in pursuing that. Probably the only reason they’re even doing the Neo is because they have all that data anyway, and it’s probably a quick(ish) way of eeking out a little more out of their years-long investment in developing this plane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

I'm going to be very honest, like many here, the announcement doesn't fill me with joy, but honestly, I'm mostly waiting for the A330 for now.

It doesn't matter what they do next. You all hope for an A340 when there are still four companies fighting to keep it flying, the same ones who jump for joy when an A310 appears on MSFS, while 3/4 of people are mostly waiting for an A330, a 787, a 777, and most likely the marvelous A350 and A380 that will come out.

There is no shortage of developers.

Aerosoft will do as they please and don't need you to tell them which direction to take, especially since a new market filled with Xbox morons is open.

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well the next project will be the A330neo; we got some pretty good information we can finally use. After that, we'll go for the smaller fish!

Outstanding news!

A good choice. And it will probably be a relatively easy job when you got all the parameters + part of the model ready.

I totaly understand the decision on this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

The Fenix and Flybywire aren’t available to Xbox, which is a good percentage of the market.

I for one would love the A320. Fenix is a step too far for me and as you said, X box!

I am disappointed with the A330 Neo as id love the A330F but hey, the market is not aimed at me!

• Upvote 2

I would also have preferred to see something new on the market, like the A340 family. We will have to live with Aerosoft's decision. In the end, the correctness or incorrectness of the decision will be measured by the sales figures.

• Upvote 9

I don't give a damn that it's an A330 Neo, I only care that the current A330 is released, without further delays and jokes. Everyone can create what they want, but don't keep asking, otherwise the release will be talked about in 300 years

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Dopster198 said:

Can’t help but wonder if the people that are disappointed by the neo announcement and saying they’d rather have a different engine variant instead realise how small of an audience they are. Guaranteed 99% of the ‘addressable audience’ for *any* MSFS plane doesn’t give a hoot about specifics like that. In fact, I’m surprised AS are even doing a neo variant, because even the ceo vs. neo story is lost on most people. Completely irrelevant.

I’m not saying this to annoy people, I’m merely pointing out that I think there’s really not a lot of money to be made with the whole ‘engine variant story’, and I’m not surprised AS doesn’t seem interested in pursuing that. Probably the only reason they’re even doing the Neo is because they have all that data anyway, and it’s probably a quick(ish) way of eeking out a little more out of their years-long investment in developing this plane.

To be clear specifically the A330-300 is getting released to people reading this.

I think that the -200 would be what the -700 variant is to the PMDG 737's, when the finally A330-300 releases... The -700 is useless for reasons.

Also for reference the main reason people bought the -700 when it came out is cause they couldn't wait for the -800.

I was one of them and decided to fly the -700 until the -800 finally would be released. I don't regret my -700 purchase but I pretty much only use the -600 and the -800 nowadays.

One thing for sure is that the A330-300 is getting released soon enough; If they want to make a -200, second engine variant or whatever they can always do that later on if they want to.

3 hours ago, Takadiurga said:

I think the A330neo will be great. The headwind, as great as it is is severely lacking - and I know the majority of us give it a free pass because it is that, free. We all know the weights aren't right, the performance of the engines aren't study level, the cockpit is a mish-mash of A320 and A330 cockpit (although similar, are fundamentally different in layout especially the overhead) and is merely patched. It doesn't really satisfy the itch of "I'm simulating an A330neo" it does the "I'm simulating an A320 that's simulating an A330neo". I think not everyone is willing to invest the cash for what will inherently be a marginal amount of improvement for most. But overall, if as-accurate-as-possible is something you care about, I think it'll be leagues above the pretend slap-on a few mods to the FBW and away we go. It also makes the most financial sense to develop upon the platform you already have being the A330ceo, and fleshing out the "family" so to speak.

I just hope this gives us some likelihood of getting a GE variant A330ceo, and possibly a -200 variant as well.

Precisely!  I am all aboard for a NEO.  I just hope the family will continue to be expanded.  The only part of the announcement that concerns me, is the “smaller fish” part as those have been beaten to death.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JasonmCork said:

I for one would love the A320. Fenix is a step too far for me and as you said, X box!

I am disappointed with the A330 Neo as id love the A330F but hey, the market is not aimed at me!

Why not get the LatinVFR A320 then?

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Jetti200 said:

To be clear specifically the A330-300 is getting released to people reading this.

I think that the -200 would be what the -700 variant is to the PMDG 737's, when the finally A330-300 releases... The -700 is useless for reasons.

Also for reference the main reason people bought the -700 when it came out is cause they couldn't wait for the -800.

I was one of them and decided to fly the -700 until the -800 finally would be released. I don't regret my -700 purchase but I pretty much only use the -600 and the -800 nowadays.

One thing for sure is that the A330-300 is getting released soon enough; If they want to make a -200, second engine variant or whatever they can always do that later on if they want to.

Not really, there are huge differences in terms of flight range between the A330-200 and the A330-300. It could be discussed wether the engine variants makes a real difference (for avgeeks like me it does, but not for everybody I guess), but it is out of discussion that there are important differences in operability between the -200 and the -300, and that the routes operated by the -300 and the -200 are usually different. For example, in Asia the -300 is mostly a short and medium haul plane used to carry more passengers than a single-aisle aircraft due to high demand in certain routes. However, the -200 is rarely used in these kind of routes, but on long haul routes well above the range of the -300 version. The range difference between both versions is about 900 nm, enough to make the difference between being able to fly from western Europe to Asia or not, or from central Europe to Mexico or not. So I don't think this is the same case as the 737-700 and 737-800.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Dopster198 said:

pmdg did all variant of the 737NG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1