Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

11 hours ago, YAG said:

(Respectfully) watching images of the plane  started to get a bit boring. Can we have something existing like the release date announcement or rather release the plane please. Because I really want to fly it.

or just even show us some videos is great! like, sounds, animations and much more like the FBW did yesterday with their sound of flaps and how the sounds of bottom in cockpit makes.

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, Haider.aljaafar said:

The A330 NEO also have very small operators, which makes having 2 developers makes no sence...

It makes sense because it’s the best choice in the marketing aspect. Yes the community is important, but money, is way more important for them, since they are living because of that. (It’s the ultimate goal of almost all companies in any aspect).

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AFR06QB said:

pmdg did all variant of the 737NG

Yes but I think it's well understood that PMDG are not aiming at the same market as Aerosoft. And in the market that PMDG aims at, people DO care a great deal about the difference between variants, and will actually pay for that. For PMDG, it *is* (presumably) profitable to offer these variants.

I do feel there is a difference between different models of a single plane, and different *engine* models on the same plane. I'd love a decent 330. However I couldn't care less if it's got Rolls-Royce, GE or CFM engines, and I also wouldn't buy a plane twice just because it's got neo vs. ceo engines. 

But that's me. Others may feel differently. My point remains though: the group of people that does care about these things is not commercially significant when compared to the huge wider flight sim audience and unless you're specifically aiming for that niche, it's just not worth it.

22 minutes ago, Haider.aljaafar said:

The A330 NEO also have very small operators, which makes having 2 developers makes no sence...

That's because it's a relatively new aircraft. There are several operators that have purchase orders, even here in latam, Aerolineas Argentinas is one of them

• Upvote 2

I think we should all just shift our focus back to the A330ceo at this point, we’re not gonna change Aerosoft’s minds. C’mon give us that updated engine howl video, or an estimated timeframe of release to really grasp us in now, or even just anything video so it’s different than the photos we’ve been seeing ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

26 minutes ago, Haider.aljaafar said:

Like the initial A330CEO it too was considered a failure in the 90s with very few operators. Recall the avionics was prone to breakdowns back then as well. It only gained momentum in the early 2000s when software stability, range and payloads improvements were made.

On 6/5/2023 at 7:48 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

New demo of the EFB map feature. Should also work on Xbox and MSFS Cloud.

Now that’s gorgeous! 😍 I also notice how smooth the frame rate is considering the scenery around you too…wow!

MOD EDIT: Image deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nouvelle démo de la fonction de carte EFB. Devrait également fonctionner sur Xbox et MSFS Cloud.

that's awesome that's a great feature

• Like 1

currently salivating 

• Like 1

For me I will get the A333 when it's released. I am going to fly the F@*k out of it and learn all the systems, procedures and quirks, then move on to the PMDG B77W. Yes, it would be nice to have a different Airbus type; one that is not already available in some form. Like others, I was hoping for a A321 or A21N, but that has not been announced yet. So although I was hoping for those, I'll be busy flying the wide bodies of AS and PMDG. And maybe FSS will get the E-Jet sorted out soon.

My point being that too many simmers get all the different types of aircraft and never really learn the systems and procedures. They just want something different to "sit" in and look at, screen shots and such. Some have never used a checklist, let alone see one. Rather than switch aircraft on the fly, so to speak, take the time to really learn one aircraft.

The AS CRJ being the "first" HD airliner, I took the time to really study and learn the systems. I watched the videos from the Dude and others. I did a lot of pattern work and short flights. I learned why the aircraft stop climbing because I lost that kinetic energy. I learned that "Speed" mode was just to keep a constant speed by controlling the pitch. I learned to monitor my IAS as there was no A/T.  It is very hands-on.  I enjoyed hand flying it, but my landings were still a little sketchy with my Alpha Yoke. It wasn't until I added the TM Boeing Yoke that flying the CRJ became a real joy to fly. It was a game changer. After the B738 came out, I nearly shelved the CRJ and FBW. Coming up on 200 hrs TT on the 737, 100 in the CRJ series and 200 in the FBW A20N.

Yes, a lot of simmers are disappointed in the Neo announcement and I am one of them, but there are so many other aircraft at our disposal to learn and enjoy. The end-users, community and market will work itself out. It always does. If our needs are not met, we go in a different direction, different developer, or different platform. Money always drives it. If AS's decision is not a good one, they will see it in their bottom line. :)

CAPT Shark, PPL/ASEL/Instrument 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 8

Can we get a video soon if the VNAV capabilities, I am one of many who thinks that was a week point in the CRJ and I see that you have been talking about the effort being put into it. So it would be nice to get a look at how it flies!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Capt Shark:

For me I will get the A333 when it's released. I am going to fly the F@*k out of it and learn all the systems, procedures and quirks, then move on to the PMDG B77W. Yes, it would be nice to have a different Airbus type; one that is not already available in some form. Like others, I was hoping for a A321 or A21N, but that has not been announced yet. So although I was hoping for those, I'll be busy flying the wide bodies of AS and PMDG. And maybe FSS will get the E-Jet sorted out soon.

My point being that too many simmers get all the different types of aircraft and never really learn the systems and procedures. They just want something different to "sit" in and look at, screen shots and such. Some have never used a checklist, let alone see one. Rather than switch aircraft on the fly, so to speak, take the time to really learn one aircraft.

The AS CRJ being the "first" HD airliner, I took the time to really study and learn the systems. I watched the videos from the Dude and others. I did a lot of pattern work and short flights. I learned why the aircraft stop climbing because I lost that kinetic energy. I learned that "Speed" mode was just to keep a constant speed by controlling the pitch. I learned to monitor my IAS as there was no A/T.  It is very hands-on.  I enjoyed hand flying it, but my landings were still a little sketchy with my Alpha Yoke. It wasn't until I added the TM Boeing Yoke that flying the CRJ became a real joy to fly. It was a game changer. After the B738 came out, I nearly shelved the CRJ and FBW. Coming up on 200 hrs TT on the 737, 100 in the CRJ series and 200 in the FBW A20N.

Yes, a lot of simmers are disappointed in the Neo announcement and I am one of them, but there are so many other aircraft at our disposal to learn and enjoy. The end-users, community and market will work itself out. It always does. If our needs are not met, we go in a different direction, different developer, or different platform. Money always drives it. If AS's decision is not a good one, they will see it in their bottom line. :)

CAPT Shark, PPL/ASEL/Instrument 

That's what I also do: Learning and focusing on one type. Last year I nearly exclusevly flow the Fenix A320 for 6 month. I deepened my A320 knowledge as deep as possibly by the fantastic type rating course of Captain Ingo, which gave me also some deeper knowledge in overall IFR flying, navigation etc... (unfortunately it's only available in German language). First half of this year I focused than mainly on the 737 (already dreaming about the PMDG 777) and now I'm back mostly flying Airbus again. (it takes normally a couple of flights for me to move between Airbus and Boeing to get the flows and SOPs back in mind since they have rather different philosophies) I'm now waiting for the A330 since I'm a little bit tired of only flying 737 and A320.

• Like 4

the sound isn't ready yet right? That's why the video has no sound. I would love to hear the new sound.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Il y a 6 minutes, Aerofly Clips a déclaré :

le son n'est pas encore prêt, n'est-ce pas ? C'est pourquoi la vidéo n'a pas de son. J'aimerais entendre le nouveau son.

I think it's intentional because he's working on it

The video is amazing and it really showed how much it is stable in terms of FPS and the EFB has compensated the optional feature that is supposed to be shown on ND really amazing. But there is something I have noticed but I don't want to cause chatters. I see when you steer the rudders are being used I tried to look at the Pedal disk seems that the EFB covering it so I can't see it. As far as I know rudders are used only on the runway not on a taxiway instead we use Pedal disk for steering. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, ahmed2003 said:

The video is amazing and it really showed how much it is stable in terms of FPS and the EFB has compensated the optional feature that is supposed to be shown on ND really amazing. But there is something I have noticed but I don't want to cause chatters. I see when you steer the rudders are being used I tried to look at the Pedal disk seems that the EFB covering it so I can't see it. As far as I know rudders are used only on the runway not on a taxiway instead we use Pedal disk for steering. 

most people dont have a tiller in their home setups so just use the rudders instead.

• Upvote 3

thank you for the video. I really notice that steering is very, very direct. if you move the tiller from such a big plane, steering should be way more sluggish. same with steering with the rudder. Is that also w.i.p. or show that the final ground handling of this bird?

• Upvote 4

a little confused as I clicked on this thread titled "Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview" however it looks like this is a preview thread for all Aerosoft MSFS aircraft with over 150 pages of information. Which page does the A330 preview begin on? thanks

12 minutes ago, andre760li said:

thank you for the video. I really notice that steering is very, very direct. if you move the tiller from such a big plane, steering should be way more sluggish. same with steering with the rudder. Is that also w.i.p. or show that the final ground handling of this bird?

I've noticed the same behaviour with most if not all MSFS aircraft so I'm assuming it's a limitation of the sim, but yes it would be good to see an improvement on that.

• Like 1