Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

16 minutes ago, Hendrik96 said:

From my experience in a level d full flight simulator: the A320 throttles have good resistance especially the detends need some force to be moved in and out, too. It was very different compared to the thrustmaster TCA, which is a toy compared to the real thrust levers.

Makes sense with the detent thing. The 737 NG thrust levers were so easy to move they should've in fact maybe added a degree of resistance to it, I guess they thought having it easy to move would be good against a windshear or something.

By the way this is something that crosses my mind often when flying the Fenix A320, do you think the lateral handflying is maybe a bit too stiff, such as banking it? Considering you've got Level D experience on the A320.

Gonna be interesting to compare to the AS330.

It sucks that my favourite wide-body - the A340-600 - won't be the next in the lineup but I won't lose any sleep over it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 6/5/2023 at 12:13 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed a tiller controller is not very common, but many people have a controller with a rotary input that can be used. For me that is this:

Works fine, and I feel it is rather realistic.

Yes I know this device but I meant the simulation of the Pedal Disk on the aircraft it self. In other words, while taxiing it's not realistic to see the rudders are used hence the pedals should not move during taxi instead the Pedal disk should steer that's the point I wanted to refer to if it's planned or the rudders and the pedal disk will act as one for simplicity? 

MOD EDIT: Image deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

48 minutes ago, DaWu said:

33o neo meh. One 330 is enough. Hoped for the 340 but somehow Aerosoft hates the 340. it’s a cash cow 

You better bust out your wallet then. I'm sure a nice 6-figure donation could influence AS to look into the 340. Heck, they would probably call it DaWu's Airbus A340 Series by Aerosoft.

Yeah missed opportunity going with the 330NEO but anyways the A333 and updated 787 will keep me happy for a long time.

• Upvote 1

Another A340 wasted opportunity. Oh well, one can keep on dreaming. I also like the CEO better, the NEO doesn't catch my eye.

I hope that the A330-200 makes it to the market at least.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

I was hoping that the next project would be an A340 or A350 as well. However, I can completely understand the strategy of AS. As many have mentioned before, the A340 is in the past. I am very sad about that in general, but it just wouldn't make any sense for AS to invest in such a project at the time - however, as Mr. Kok has mentioned before, they aren't developing the planes only for us simmers, but for other customers - as military, professional or filming - as well. Maybe, as the real plane becomes less ans less available, the need for a good looking, high quality sim version for filming or other professional purpose rises and AS might develop one?

As others have mentioned before, I think as well, that the A330Neo has some order numbers and will be in the air for quiet some time.

Regarding the following projects, I would love AS to bring out an A321neo / A321(X)LR series! Personally, I was looking forward to the Headwind A321 project, but just a few days ago, they announced that they will concentrate completely on their A330 ceo and neo, as they took the PMP A330ceo under their wing. The LatinVFR A321 might be for some people, but it's just not for me. Even tough it is not as expensive as a "study level" A321 series will be, I am more than willing to pay the difference.

Generally, I think, most of us would have loved AS to announce an other plane as their next project, but I think, that we still always have to accept that they are a company and are doing their own decision. Finally, I prefer that they make good marked evaluation based decisions and earn their share, so that they will still be there and able to develop more things in the future / can support the things they released already. 

Absolutely looking forward to the A330ceo /neo. Can't say, that I am going to buy both, specially as there are some good freeware alternatives, but I will do my research and finally decide, once the planes are on the market and some more information available. Hopefully, they are giving us a release date soon!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 11

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Jetti200:

Makes sense with the detent thing. The 737 NG thrust levers were so easy to move they should've in fact maybe added a degree of resistance to it, I guess they thought having it easy to move would be good against a windshear or something.

By the way this is something that crosses my mind often when flying the Fenix A320, do you think the lateral handflying is maybe a bit too stiff, such as banking it? Considering you've got Level D experience on the A320.

Gonna be interesting to compare to the AS330.

I don’t remember exactly the banking behavior, but I think the Fenix is quit realistic. The level d sim didn’t surprised me a lot coming from the Fenix. Biggest difference was the feel of a real side stick and that the sim was moving 😂 it felt very uncommon but very realistic like flying as a passenger.

4 hours ago, phauso said:

I was hoping that the next project would be an A340 or A350 as well. However, I can completely understand the strategy of AS. As many have mentioned before, the A340 is in the past. I am very sad about that in general, but it just wouldn't make any sense for AS to invest in such a project at the time - however, as Mr. Kok has mentioned before, they aren't developing the planes only for us simmers, but for other customers - as military, professional or filming - as well. Maybe, as the real plane becomes less ans less available, the need for a good looking, high quality sim version for filming or other professional purpose rises and AS might develop one?

As others have mentioned before, I think as well, that the A330Neo has some order numbers and will be in the air for quiet some time.

Regarding the following projects, I would love AS to bring out an A321neo / A321(X)LR series! Personally, I was looking forward to the Headwind A321 project, but just a few days ago, they announced that they will concentrate completely on their A330 ceo and neo, as they took the PMP A330ceo under their wing. The LatinVFR A321 might be for some people, but it's just not for me. Even tough it is not as expensive as a "study level" A321 series will be, I am more than willing to pay the difference.

Generally, I think, most of us would have loved AS to announce an other plane as their next project, but I think, that we still always have to accept that they are a company and are doing their own decision. Finally, I prefer that they make good marked evaluation based decisions and earn their share, so that they will still be there and able to develop more things in the future / can support the things they released already. 

Absolutely looking forward to the A330ceo /neo. Can't say, that I am going to buy both, specially as there are some good freeware alternatives, but I will do my research and finally decide, once the planes are on the market and some more information available. Hopefully, they are giving us a release date soon!

The Concorde is dead and in the past but fslabs is still doing it. It’s not an argument.

Regarding the following projects, it should be a330 ceo variant and then a340

• Upvote 4

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AFR06QB:

The Concorde is dead and in the past but fslabs is still doing it. It’s not an argument.

Regarding the following projects, it should be a330 ceo variant and then a340

Well, I never wrote that it was an argument for not developing an A340. What I wrote is, that I can surely understand AS's decision to not invest the their money into a plane, that is nothing but disappearing from the sky and investing it in a plane, that is going to be up there for some years to come (and for which they have the needed information to do so).

And yes, I would have loved to be able to fly an A340 within the next 2-10 years (sarcasm intended) too, but I prefer AS to give us a product that they think they can earn a fair amount of money and please their stakeholders - therefore being able to hopefully bring us an A340, A350 and all the other planes I would love to see in the simulator so much someday in the future. Yes, there are some freeware projects and I have the utmost respect for these developers, but you never know when these planes are finally making their way into the sim and what level of depth you'll get.

Back to the A330, regarding the popularity of planes, according to wikipedia a total of 377 / 380 A340 (all variants) were ordered / produced, of which not many are still being operated.

Compared to that, there are already 92 A339 and 7 A338 (totally 99 planes) in operation and a total of 289 Neo's were ordered. Not to forget, that the A330 Neo is still in production and further orders are likely to be made in the future. 

However, the Concorde is a whole other story - it is a historic and iconic plane! Maybe the A340 can be considered as iconic one day and therefore get another legitimation for being developed. 

• Thanks 1

It would be nice to start seeing some more videos, any videos, at this point.  Whatever you are comfortable with showing us, even if it’s just the EFB since that’s about all I think we have seen Video wise outside of the notorious sound video.  Anything better than more screenshots of liveries.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, mopperle said:

Guys, please stay on topic. For everything else not related to the product preview, please use the appropriate forum.

Just for clarity, Otto's comment is in regard to several now hidden posts asking about a particular hardware throttle device on a 737 DLC, not the current trajectory about Mathijs' announcement of the next project.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I wish we could show that, but it is still an issue we are working on. 

I do not agree however, that it was a weak point in the CRJ; the vast majority of CRJs simply do not have VNAV systems.  If I recall correctly none of the airlines we covered ever had it. 

i think that the plane is not close as much as we were expecting, if the vnav is still an issue i think we will have to wait more months, it's going to be fun to see who releases it's thing before, if pmdg with the efb or aerosoft with the 330 ceo, and anyway mathijs, i would have made other engine options for the 330 ceo before moving on the neo

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

20 hours ago, marcus_sweden said:

People seem to forget that the NEO is the future and 340 is the past. Why invest in a Plane on it's way out?

Why even argue about this while we are still waiting for the first one?

you are right, we need actual planes in priority, a340 a318 etc who cares ? we need the present planes the olders may can wait a little. i think the Neos versions or A350 for ex would be the priority in my opiniam

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, valexyo3000 said:

penso che l'aereo non sia vicino quanto ci aspettavamo, se il vnav è ancora un problema penso che dovremo aspettare altri mesi, sarà divertente vedere chi lo rilascia prima, se pmdg con l'efb o aerosoft con il 330 ceo, e comunque mathijs, avrei fatto altre opzioni di motore per il 330 ceo prima di passare al neo

Precisely. We should put our souls in peace at least until August and stop asking for A340s or 350s, we accept what is offered and that's it. The quality of Headwind will never surpass that of Aerosoft. End.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

after quite a long time, only reading in the forum for about 2 years.... i have to say i'm really looking forward to an a330 neo, maybe even with a lot of system depth, etc. nobody knows anything until now. To those who are writing now, we want a a350 or a340, etc., sry, but you're not the whole community, I've been playing MSFS (FS98) for a long time and an a330 neo is really one of the newest planes I've ever played, yes, not entirely new an upgrade of the 330ceo anyway, thanks to aerosoft for daring to build such a new plane, maybe you can accommodate the community by asking for more system depth for pc users

no offense, thanks google for the translation 🙂

• Upvote 3

I really don't think 330neo is a bad option, if it can be made 'study level'. Everyone looks forward to more study level aircrafts, just like in P3D and X-Plane community. Also there are plenty of operators on 330neo, including Delta, Virgin Atlantic and Corsair, etc. etc. 330neo itself is also a beautiful aircraft. So I guess I really want to see first how their 330ceo performs and then decide if I want to buy their 330neo.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

@ Mk this is the old fart calling. i see that an answer to the raas co pilot is not forthcoming but a new question. Will the msfs a330 have a fuel configurator like the p3 one? warm regards and id buy you some tequila. the old fart

On 6/4/2023 at 11:17 PM, Frap 99 said:

You just agree cause it makes you happy. Otherwise, the a330 neo is not a good choice and there is already one in the making

Exaclty why you dont agree, its a matter of interests, not everybody gets what they want

• Upvote 1