Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment we have 12 professionals and 24 simmers. When we need more we'll ask here.

I’m sure we all want to beta test this highly anticipated product but not all are qualified. Does this post mean we are in beta testing stage or close to it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, kamranbidar said:

Will A330 MSFS support shared cockpit feature Just Like P3D one  

Not on release. Simply search for "shared cockpit" in the search window (upper right) and read Mathijs' answer from February 21.

Since you're new here (and welcome!), learning to use the search tool will get you answers to your questions typically faster than posting and waiting for someone to reply. Many questions have been asked and answered already, and the search tool is how to find them if they're there.

• Like 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, CharlieB00000 said:

When are we going to find out the price of the aircraft?

Shortly before release

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment we have 12 professionals and 24 simmers. When we need more we'll ask here.

That's only 36. I thought it was 42?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 4/12/2023 at 12:55 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, I answer most here and I am just the project manager. I do not produce code, do not do serious tests.  So feel free to ask here. I assure you it will not slow down anything.  Besides, it is is 19:54 so I am not getting paid to reply here!

Is there a manual we can read to get ready while we wait

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, John2 said:

That's only 36. I thought it was 42?

42 was the answer for questions relating to the release date ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have just been reading about the manual that is coming with the A330. As I understand it, it is an e-manual but are there any plans to make a proper paper manual? 

I mean, if not I suppose I will buy a printer and make my own but I just thought I'd check. Thanks. 

(I have used the search function and looked at the top of the page at the FAQ's. If this has been answered before, I do apologise and can only claim that I'm a short sighted fool.

Okay, I'm not short sighted. I was at a birthday party earlier and I'm a bit squiffy. 😁

Looking forward to refly my trips to US from Scandinavia in SAS Colours. I understand that You have Enough Beta Testers but if not I can help You as I did with DC-8 many Yrs ago. 

I have a PMDG 737-600 which is nice to fly compared to their Forum which seems to be overloaded so it's better to stay here...:)

Just to get a feel for what is currently going on at the moment in relation to the development process, @Mathijs Kok would you say that the focus of the development team is geared more towards resolving bugs and polishing the aircraft now, or are there some more major milestones that are needed to be achieved before the focus is shifted that direction?

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 hours ago, Ritch said:

I have just been reading about the manual that is coming with the A330. As I understand it, it is an e-manual but are there any plans to make a proper paper manual? 

I mean, if not I suppose I will buy a printer and make my own but I just thought I'd check. Thanks. 

(I have used the search function and looked at the top of the page at the FAQ's. If this has been answered before, I do apologise and can only claim that I'm a short sighted fool.

Okay, I'm not short sighted. I was at a birthday party earlier and I'm a bit squiffy. 😁

Unfortunately, the days of a boxed product with a nice paper manual are long gone. Many of us remember those days fondly. The usual way to do a paper manual these days is to print out the .pdf yourself, find a friend with a printer (and buy them a coffee or three), or take it to a suitable store/vendor. Then have it coil bound or punched for a notebook.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2023 at 6:28 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, not yet, say two weeks max.

I hope that it will be without delay. It will be one of the interesting hobby

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
21 hours ago, Ritch said:

Yes, there will also be 6 PDF manuals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, GZ07 said:

Just to get a feel for what is currently going on at the moment in relation to the development process, @Mathijs Kok would you say that the focus of the development team is geared more towards resolving bugs and polishing the aircraft now, or are there some more major milestones that are needed to be achieved before the focus is shifted that direction?

I wish it was only bug stamping right now. Unfortunately there is still some coding to do.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I wish it was only bug stamping right now. Unfortunately there is still some coding to do.

Are you allowed to be more specific? What is there to be coded specifically?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Nathan Skor said:

Are you allowed to be more specific? What is there to be coded specifically?

Look bro the purpose of what Mathijs said is that there is still work to do, what's gonna benefit you if he said the work specifically! every day I'm checking on this forum hope for new photos I'm also desperately waiting but you have to let the devs do their work effectively I believe our questions distract them. Do as I'm doing right now if you have spare time go and watch the a330 cbt to be ready to fly it once it is released. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

No need to watch A330 CBTs, if you can fly the A320 in MSFS you can also fly the A330. (Sure, tell that the unfortunate pilot that wrecked his A330 during landing at an high altitude/high air density airport 😪)

From a pilot‘s perspective the aircraft are basically the same. What is different though is the ops. Best thing to do to prepare for A330 flights, imo, is to visit those far away airports you are going to fly to and do some „local“ sectors there with an A320 to get a feel for ATC/topography/procedural side of things. This will pay out dividends when going there with the A330 later on. Visiting some of those far away EDTO (ETOPS) airports with an A320 will also make you a more proficient future A330 longhaul pilot. 

Happy landings!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2