Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As illustrations for an interview for Blu XPerience, I did yesterday (link to follow) I had to make some new images. As I had to start a test flight from Brussels to New York anyway I decided to share some images of me setting up this flight.

First some images of the cockpit modeling. They are made from my 5120x1440 screen (I could not recommend this more to people who are into sims, your eyes are made for a landscape view), so they are widescreen. Click and click again to see full detail.

Please login to display this image.

A lot of the work to prepare for a flight is done via the EFB of course.

The guys at Blue Games were also very interested in our e-Manual, and right they are, it is pretty important we believe a paper (duh PDF) manual is not what is needed at this moment. While we will provide an old-style manual, the e-Manual is where you want to start. It simply makes it easier. Text, sounds, images, video, it is all there.

Note it is NOT just checklists but also flows. And flows are WAY more important. Flows are what you do, Checklists check if it has been done. 

---------------

Norman and Caleb of Blu XPerience are seriously nice guys, could not recommend their channel more. They have a relaxed attitude towards simulations which I think is key to enjoying it. 

https://www.youtube.com/@bluxperiencemedia

When the interview is up I will add a link.

Looking fabulous,  personally I think this beautiful bird is near to entering market, nice detail video incoming I feel. Pre release content 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As illustrations for an interview for Blu XPerience, I did yesterday (link to follow) I had to make some new images. As I had to start a test flight from Brussels to New York anyway I decided to share some images of me setting up this flight.

First some images of the cockpit modeling. They are made from my 5120x1440 screen (I could not recommend this more to people who are into sims, your eyes are made for a landscape view), so they are widescreen. Click and click again to see full detail.

These images look gorgeous on my Odyssey G9 😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

A lot of the work to prepare for a flight is done via the EFB of course.

The guys at Blue Games were also very interested in our e-Manual, and right they are, it is pretty important we believe a paper (duh PDF) manual is not what is needed at this moment. While we will provide an old-style manual, the e-Manual is where you want to start. It simply makes it easier. Text, sounds, images, video, it is all there.

Note it is NOT just checklists but also flows. And flows are WAY more important. Flows are what you do, Checklists check if it has been done. 

---------------

Norman and Caleb of Blu XPerience are seriously nice guys, could not recommend their channel more. They have a relaxed attitude towards simulations which I think is key to enjoying it. 

When the interview is up I will add a link.

I don't see any videos on their site of the A330. I see some of the FBW A380. Is there a video to be posted of the A330?

Recently I listened to from flight level 320 podcast where in one scene they talked about the cabin chime after takeoff/landing to announce the cabin exit lights being turned off/on. Will this sound be modeled in the A330? I watched a video of a Swiss A330 takeoff from the cockpit and the sound was prevalent. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I literally joined this forum to see what was the latest for the A330. We're in DESPERATE need of a good long hauler. Sure hope it's coming out soon, looks great from the latest pics.

PS - any suggestion on a good widescreen monitor, HDR-10 certified (preferably) w/ Gsync?

• Like 3

Il y a 1 heure, John2 a dit :

Je ne vois aucune vidéo sur leur site de l'A330. Je vois une partie du FBW A380. Y a-t-il une vidéo à publier de l'A330 ?

the video has not yet been published Mathijs said who will put the link here

Il y a 5 heures, Mathijs Kok a dit :

Comme illustrations pour une interview pour Blu XPerience, je l'ai fait hier (lien à suivre) j'ai dû faire de nouvelles images. Comme j'ai dû commencer un vol d'essai de Bruxelles à New York de toute façon, j'ai décidé de partager quelques images de moi préparant ce vol.

Tout d'abord, quelques images de la modélisation du cockpit. Ils sont fabriqués à partir de mon écran 5120x1440 (je ne pourrais pas le recommander davantage aux personnes qui sont dans les sims, vos yeux sont faits pour une vue de paysage), ils sont donc grand écran. Cliquez et cliquez à nouveau pour voir tous les détails.

Une grande partie du travail de préparation d'un vol se fait via l'EFB bien sûr.

Les gars de Blue Games étaient également très intéressés par notre manuel électronique, et ils le sont, il est assez important que nous croyions qu'un manuel papier (duh PDF) n'est pas ce qui est nécessaire en ce moment. Bien que nous vous fournirons un manuel à l'ancienne, le manuel électronique est l'endroit où vous voulez commencer. Cela facilite tout simplement les choses. Texte, sons, images, vidéo, tout est là.

Notez qu'il ne s'agit PAS seulement de listes de contrôle, mais aussi de flux. Et les flux sont BEAUCOUP plus importants. Les flux sont ce que vous faites, les listes de contrôle vérifient si cela a été fait.

---------------

Norman et Caleb de Blu XPerience sont des gars vraiment sympas, ne pourraient pas recommander leur chaîne plus. Ils ont une attitude détendue à l'égard des simulations, ce qui, je pense, est essentiel pour en profiter.

Lorsque l'entretien sera prêt, j'ajouterai un lien.

I really want to see this video and it will allow us to see how you fly this beautiful plane

• Like 2

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Jeff McCord Soule:

I literally joined this forum to see what was the latest for the A330. We're in DESPERATE need of a good long hauler. Sure hope it's coming out soon, looks great from the latest pics.

PS - any suggestion on a good widescreen monitor, HDR-10 certified (preferably) w/ Gsync?

Fully agree !

• Aerosoft
47 minutes ago, Mike Delta Romeo said:

Hello to everyone,i ' m new on this forum...

Can someone tell me if a330 will be sure available on xbox too? Is there an idea about realese date? 

Thank you so much!!!

No news on the release date, but it is intended to be releases for Xbox/Cloud and PC.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, The Learjet Dog said:

Recently I listened to from flight level 320 podcast where in one scene they talked about the cabin chime after takeoff/landing to announce the cabin exit lights being turned off/on. Will this sound be modeled in the A330? I watched a video of a Swiss A330 takeoff from the cockpit and the sound was prevalent. 

I will look into that. 

Update.... I asked our advisory pilots and they simply can't hear it on the flight deck. So we will not include that.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

New to forum! Im waiting on the a330 release for xboxx.  Im returning to flightsim from fs2000 days been over decade lol!  Is their anywhere to read up on the a330 manual to get ready fir it? Online e manual ect? Be good to pass time reading up as i wait!!  Thanks

On 4/10/2023 at 12:50 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

But that is NOT how a CRJ handles. As far as I know, it has a fully linear control input -> flight control surfaces movement relation. 

As I wrote, we do not know if user msfs is a real CRJ pilot so he can make a correct assessment. If he is we will gladly invite him to our advisory pilots group!

I agree that only a qualified pilot can make that assessment but it has to be considered that there are many control peripherals, a lack of "seat feel" and many other things that won't directly translate from a real pilot's experience to the sim.  I work for a company that makes racing simulation software and we do our best to mathematically match the input response of the real thing, but we still have drivers who use various different input devices that do not produce the same result as the real thing.  Essentially, we can make it so that an input produces the correct mathematical response, but since it's a computer steering wheel it doesn't "feel" right to the driver even though everything that gets produced is correct.  In probably 90% of the cases, that difference is down to the driver not having the physical influence from g-forces.  Here, this is not someone flying a real plane but someone is sitting at their PC and basically playing a video game and various input devices can produce varying results in the way a user interprets a response from an input.  Is it so wrong to not say we'll allow some freedom here? A CRJ is not a fighter jet, after all.

• Upvote 1

@Mathijs Kok, I want to ask a question very diplomatically so that I avoid putting you in a tight spot, and elicit an honest answer if I may be so bold. Would you characterize this product as being aimed at an audience who typically buys PMDG-level aircraft, or would you be more inclined to say this product is aimed at a broader audience who may be more comfortable with a slightly simplified experience? I realize Airbus & Boeing experiences are quite different and I also really enjoyed your CRJ, so I want to be sure if I buy this, what I should expect.

I'm asking because form where I sit, this thing looks amazing. It appears to be a study-level aircraft with a user experience on par with other high-fidelity simulation products I exclusively adhere to nowadays. These previews, however, and following this development for a while, make me really want to get this ahead of other long range aircraft I would otherwise wait for. Would you say this is intended to be a study-level aircraft simulation, because it sure as Hell looks that way and I'm really getting excited!?

Incredible work!

• Upvote 2

I'm not really sure, but wasn't the aircraft supposed to be released on April? Idk if someone threw that just in here or if it was official, but if it was the case, I don't think the predictions are trustful anymore.

• Upvote 2