Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

8 hours ago, mopperle said:

Well, the issue that was found are certain users disturbing in the middle of the work, asking questions about progress. Did you get it now?

Wow…

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft
14 hours ago, D O said:

Hi everyone,

today when flying some of those long hauler freeware mods - I hope I can get rid of them when the A330 comes out - i noticed something weired:

It's weight and balance model is so off, that when flying at the exact same FL (e.g. FL350) for 10 Hours the fuel flow always remains the same at a constant speed. 70 Tons of fuel less and massively reduced gross weight does not affect fuel burn at all. Thats atrocious.

Please some one from Aerosoft's devs tell me that this will not be the case with the A330 bc it simulates the effect of Gross weight properly.^^ 

Thank you.

Of course, it will affect fuel flow.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, D O said:

Hi everyone,

today when flying some of those long hauler freeware mods - I hope I can get rid of them when the A330 comes out - i noticed something weired:

It's weight and balance model is so off, that when flying at the exact same FL (e.g. FL350) for 10 Hours the fuel flow always remains the same at a constant speed. 70 Tons of fuel less and massively reduced gross weight does not affect fuel burn at all. Thats atrocious.

Please some one from Aerosoft's devs tell me that this will not be the case with the A330 bc it simulates the effect of Gross weight properly.^^ 

Thank you.

I don't know of which one you speak, but this is definitely not the case in the 330-900, the other free 330-300 is quite old and broken though.

8 minutes ago, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

Scolding readers for showing interest in your product and asking about the release date does not make any sense.

People come here and ask questions mostly because they are excited about your product, thanks in part to the promising glimpses we have received over the last two years. You are in the unique position of being the first reputable developer who will release a modern long-haul airliner for MSFS.

Many users are impatient because, to them (and me included), it looks as if the aircraft could release at any moment at this point. Especially if they are reading the forum again after a long time, or for the first time. Very few users (if any) have intricate knowledge of your development process and of aircraft development for flight simulators in general. Then add the fact that prior communications regarding the release timeframe of the aircraft turned out to be a bit too optimistic (I don't want to beat a dead horse, I understand that making such estimates is very difficult and the scope of the project has changed since then). And finally, it was communicated some time ago, that the modelling of the aircraft would be the limiting factor. This is evidently not the case.  

And for the love of aviation, stop pretending like it compromises the development of the aircraft when people ask for release dates. That is absurd. At the worst, it is a minor (albeit understandable) annoyance for the mods. If reading comments from impatient and excited fans negatively impacts your ability to do your job, then you should seriously reconsider whether it is worth it for you to read the forum at all. Just be thankful that some people show interest in your product and bother to write comments in the forum at all. 

You have many valid and good points but remember this is their forum. If they set certain rules they hold to be appropriate and ban certain questions they have every right to do so and it can be upsetting if those very simple rules aren’t followed. 

development is likely (in my personal opinion) taking several more months so everyone just needs to chill… 

and being upset about moderator or anyone doesn’t change anything anyways… 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Il y a 1 heure, Mathijs Kok a dit :

Passons à autre chose les gars... tout le monde a écrit des messages qui se sont trompés. Sujet fermé.

I agree to move on but I would really like an exclusive from you even an announcement whatever you want lol

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
30 minutes ago, andre760li said:

@Mathijs Kok one question:

some days ago you said, that you will provide us a sample video mainly for the sound soon. Is there any chance to see (and hear) the beauty in moving pictures?

As I explained yesterday, we had an issue that influenced sound that we solved yesterday, so I think we can expect that soon.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2023 at 7:15 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

..........The good thing is that if you follow Airbus' thinking, making an A321 from an A330 is easy!

Am I the only one seeing a sign of the next project here??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Lol, the answer is no. 

My mug shot there was a punishment from Hans Hartmann for pushing him to get the 'bloody' CRJ done.  It was personal and Hans knows I am planning revenge.

Aha! I look forward to seeing a special CRJ livery with Hans' face on the nosecone when you folks update it ;)

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:36 PM, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

It would make very good sense to do the A321 next IMO. I hope Aerosoft arrived at the same conclusion ;)

They have already started the A320. Its back 40 or so pages with initial model images.

4 minutes ago, JasonmCork said:

They have already started the A320. Its back 40 or so pages with initial model images.

I searched for A320 but couldn't find any post with images of a model, or any confirmation of the A320 being the next aircraft. 

54 minutes ago, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

I searched for A320 but couldn't find any post with images of a model, or any confirmation of the A320 being the next aircraft. 

Top of page 72 is where i replied and Mathijs also replied under it but i cant find the posts relating to A320 or the image so i assume they were deleted to stop discussion.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, JasonmCork said:

1st April has already past ;)

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
16 minutes ago, Pilotefr said:

I found this article really interesting I share it with you good reading https://fsnews.eu/has-the-msfs-marketplace-failed-developers-and-consumers-developers-and-community-weigh-in/

From a general standpoint, thank you for sharing information.
That is one of the main purposes of any forum.

• Like 1