Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, sofiane33vjy said:

Hello ! 

do you think we will have the a330 before this summer ? 

Any news will be posted in the thread, so please don't ask.

• Like 4

If this has been covered before, I apologise. I've read most of the posts on the thread. 

Will the cabin call buttons work that are on the overhead panel? Yes, it's a very tiny thing but for me, it would be the icing on the cake. 

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Mathijs and the rest of the team at Aerosoft for not only their work on the upcoming A330 but also for dealing with the users here with patience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ritch said:

If this has been covered before, I apologise. I've read most of the posts on the thread. 

Will the cabin call buttons work that are on the overhead panel? Yes, it's a very tiny thing but for me, it would be the icing on the cake. 

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Mathijs and the rest of the team at Aerosoft for not only their work on the upcoming A330 but also for dealing with the users here with patience.

This is actually a really nice idea. I loved the FSLabs for how it felt like you had a purser in the back calling you to say that the cabin is ready. Could such a thing (cabin ready calls, or any other common cabin crew + pilot interaction) be implemented in the upcoming A330 perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/5/2023 at 7:36 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I am not a fan of 'early access'. It is mainly a thing for dev teams who simply need more money to complete their (single) development and that does not apply to Aerosoft. 

Beta testing however is not flying 7 hours. It is doing the same take-off and climbing to 10.000 thirty times with different weights and in different weather. Thirthy times.  And then again after we made tweaks. And again after we said the tweaks were rubbish.

That is why 80% of beta testers are kicked out after a few weeks.  That is why it is so IN-CRE-DI-BLY hard to find good testers you do not have to pay. 

Hey Mathijs is there any requirements to be a tester? 

I would really enjoy to apply and help, if there are requirements what are them?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Filipe C said:

Hey Mathijs is there any requirements to be a tester? 

I would really enjoy to apply and help, if there are requirements what are them?

18 hours ago, Ritch said:

And once the cabin call button is pressed a text message to my wife should be sent to dress up as a stewardess and bring me a coffee. Go for it Aerosoft!

• Like 7

But If there is a beta test it might be much easier for example 30 beta testers all of them has different systems and will get different issues. Also you can consider it 30 times takeoff/landing and all other procedures.

Is there anyway I can block the banter and only see the updates on this forum? I really only care to know the release date and not everyone’s wish list.

David

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, YAG said:

But If there is a beta test it might be much easier for example 30 beta testers all of them has different systems and will get different issues. Also you can consider it 30 times takeoff/landing and all other procedures.

Those poor devs. Doing a beta this way will ensure delay after delay to get to a release candidate because of all the new bug findings. 

But in all seriousness; I think Mathijs has this handled pretty well as it is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, De_smith17 said:

Is there anyway I can block the banter and only see the updates on this forum? I really only care to know the release date and not everyone’s wish list.

David

You can follow a certain topic, you can follow a certain person, you can set some filters on unread content (button in the upper richt of the page), but you can not filter content within a topic.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
On 3/6/2023 at 5:18 AM, Maximmm said:

Very curious...

I know Microsoft/ASOBO have no news or updates to include an option for developers to incorporate a weather radar to their airplanes yet.
Does Aerosoft, that is in close contact with ASOBO putting some pressure to remind the MSFS team that nice detailed aircraft like the CRJ and the A330 realy need a nice radar system ?
If Aerosoft, PMDG, Fenix and the rest would put some pressure on them I bet they can open something for the developers.

What is Aerosoft doing about that ?

Microsoft is very aware of this and I don't think any pressure from us would be helpfull. 

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, Ritch said:

'Immersion' is not something high on the list at this moment, but not been forgotten. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Those poor devs. Doing a beta this way will ensure delay after delay to get to a release candidate because of all the new bug findings. 
But in all seriousness; I think Mathijs has this handled pretty well as it is. 

Indeed. It also ensures you get many (MANY) bugs that are not well documented and can't be recreated. Things like people saying climb performance 'seems' to be slow but are unable to give is the weight used and the trim of the aircraft. 

And The Dude has fine character judgment. I always appreciated that in him. 😊

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, blanderrr said:

Can't wait! Hopefully we will all be able to fly it soon

It doesn't look like it if they are still working on the MCDU, flight model, and animations

hopefully in a couple of months

• Upvote 2

Mhh, I still have hope it can be within a few months; we don't know how far along they are with those things, and who knows - those could be the last things to check off! Also, they started adding some superfluous stuff like the wiper arcs on the windscreen, which suggests to me that maybe, just maybe, they are near the end :)

• Like 1

A bit off topic but Asobo have announced that they will be releasing the ATR at the end of April and I think they/Hans have been working on it for almost two years. Will be interesting to see which plane makes it to market first.

• Like 2

… just be patient and stop asking for not important things like pre-release footage and let them use their time for actual development work for the remaining months… thank you