Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

Apologies if this has been covered, but will the a330 have the virtual co pilot like the P3d version. 

I know some folk might think it's a lazy way of flying but in my book it is more like the real world.

Thank you

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, StuartBBN135 said:

Apologies if this has been covered, but will the a330 have the virtual co pilot like the P3d version. 

I know some folk might think it's a lazy way of flying but in my book it is more like the real world.

Thank you

Not the same, but we support most of the features that MSFS offers for that so in the end I think it actually works better.

• Like 4

Will there be the sound of the wheels hitting the runway lights during taxi, takeoff, and landing just like on the fbw? I personally think its a must. I've done countless flights on the jumpseat of the 330, and we always hear the noises from down there. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
16 minutes ago, Delif said:

Will there be the sound of the wheels hitting the runway lights during taxi, takeoff, and landing just like on the fbw? I personally think its a must. I've done countless flights on the jumpseat of the 330, and we always hear the noises from down there. 

That is a bit strange as the nosewheel is not really close to the cockpit.  Not like an MD80 where you feel every single grain of sand as the gear is right under your seat.  There is also no mechanism in the sim that tells us where the lights are.

Will ask our A330 pilots though.

• Like 2

Il y a 4 minutes, Mathijs Kok a dit :

Ils sont tous notés, ne vous inquiétez pas. Je suis juste un peu fragmenté en ce moment car le temps que je peux travailler sur un écran est limité. La semaine prochaine, mes deux nouveaux yeux devraient tous fonctionner comme ils le devraient et les choses reviendront à la normale. Vieillir est une salope, je conseillerais à tout le monde de l'éviter.

yes I completely understand health above all I wish you a good recovery unfortunately old age will affect us all take care of you well

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That is a bit strange as the nosewheel is not really close to the cockpit.  Not like an MD80 where you feel every single grain of sand as the gear is right under your seat.  There is also no mechanism in the sim that tells us where the lights are.

Will ask our A330 pilots though.

Ahhh well, one of them just send me this link:

Point taken and I will look into it. Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 4 minutes, Mathijs Kok a dit :

Ahhh eh bien, l'un d'eux vient de m'envoyer ce lien :

Point pris et je vais l'examiner. Merci !

amazing i was sending this video exactly 🤣 saying maybe this video

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
7 minutes ago, Pilotefr said:

yes I completely understand health above all I wish you a good recovery unfortunately old age will affect us all take care of you well

Well, last week I was 75% blind in one eye and this week I have two eyes that work great and I don't need to use any glasses like I used to for the last 50 years! So don't worry about me. Happy as a dog with two willies. Just a bit slower replies than normal.  I just think it is important to explain why things are slow.

• Like 9

Appreciate it! Its just a cool addition imo, and as you said I dont think theres a mechanism to identify where the lights are, it can be just a sound added that would come up at specific speeds maybe? Not sure of how it's done, but it works pretty well on the fbw! Thanks again :)

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
Just now, Delif said:

Moreover there's this whining sound that you hear on every takeoff with the trents, not sure where it comes from 

That is rather specific for this engine and will for sure be very audible!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Well, last week I was 75% blind in one eye and this week I have two eyes that work great and I don't need to use any glasses like I used to for the last 50 years! So don't worry about me. Happy as a dog with two willies. Just a bit slower replies than normal.  I just think it is important to explain why things are slow.

well I'm reassured for you it takes time it's normal afterwards you would be quiet without glasses ☺️

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That is rather specific for this engine and will for sure be very audible!

Amazing! Thanks for everything, can't wait anymore!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

An Idea for bringing the "hitting the light" sound to life:

What´s about to use the Localizer-signal... it would play the sounds ONLY when you are exacly(!) on the runway-LOC - so at the center line...

I Know that there are runways without LOC, but it will be a method for the most of big airports served by A330´s

just an idea 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, andre760li said:

An Idea for bringing the "hitting the light" sound to life:

What´s about to use the Localizer-signal... it would play the sounds ONLY when you are exacly(!) on the runway-LOC - so at the center line...

I Know that there are runways without LOC, but it will be a method for the most of big airports served by A330´s

just an idea 

We tried that a long time ago in a product called FSsound. 
Not sure if the engine provides that but as said, will be looked into.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, TimJB said:

… just be patient and stop asking for not important things like pre-release footage and let them use their time for actual development work for the remaining months… thank you 

Please please not months! :( haha

The development of such a product usually takes 3-4 years with a fairly decent team. Months aren't that much time, really... I can't wait for it as well, but rather have a "finished" product than a thing that can barely fly.

I say "finished" because there's always room for improvement, but yeah, in a release-ready state.

• Like 4

On 3/7/2023 at 6:27 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Flight model, MCDU, Animations

And things like this:

The yellow text was added today as we found out it does not work with an undocked EFB. So some small things and some very big things.

We hope to have a good vid with the sounds out later this week.

Dying to hear those sounds

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I was about to leave this clip here for a few sounds on takeoff on a UL A330. Rolls Royce Trent 700 sounds and a few various background sounds.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, Aerofly Clips said:

@Mathijs Kokwill the Airbus a330-300 perform worse than the Headwind a330-neo?

I have no idea.  I can only say that the aircraft done by our team haver always been very much optimized.

• Like 3