Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

5 minutes ago, thunder1471 said:

so with the problem of people not being as certified as they  informed you they were has this put the internal release date back?

I think Mathijs was referring to previous developments like P3D rather than MSFS. 

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The question is we would include windshield wiper effects caused some serious discussion in our team. The sim simply is not capable of doing this well at the moment, but there is a 'hack' that some companies have used.  It works by making the raindrops from round shapes to stripes. Less visible. Works 'reasonably' in light rain, much less well in heavy rain. In the end, as it is just a small task we decided to include it.

Please login to display this image.

thank you very much for this work it's really well done I recognized the airport of madeira lol

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The question is we would include windshield wiper effects caused some serious discussion in our team. The sim simply is not capable of doing this well at the moment, but there is a 'hack' that some companies have used.  It works by making the raindrops from round shapes to stripes. Less visible. Works 'reasonably' in light rain, much less well in heavy rain. In the end, as it is just a small task we decided to include it.

Amen to that!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

La pregunta es si incluiríamos los efectos del limpiaparabrisas que causaron una discusión seria en nuestro equipo. El sim simplemente no es capaz de hacer esto bien en este momento, pero hay un 'truco' que algunas compañías han usado. Funciona haciendo que las gotas de lluvia pasen de formas redondas a rayas. Menos visible. Funciona 'razonablemente' con lluvia ligera, mucho menos bien con lluvia intensa. Al final, como es solo una pequeña tarea, decidimos incluirlo.

I think it is totally accurate. If it's a feature that doesn't take too much time, adding it never hurts as it solves in a paleative way something in which the simulator lacks.

I think aerosoft is doing things right, even better than with the CRJ.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
57 minutes ago, iLucasRT said:

I think it is totally accurate. If it's a feature that doesn't take too much time, adding it never hurts as it solves in a paleative way something in which the simulator lacks.

I think aerosoft is doing things right, even better than with the CRJ.

Well, we have learned a bit since then!

But these things are always complex. See, what nobody else shows you in pictures is how it looks in heavy rain.

See, that is far from perfect.  But that is exactly how it looks on all aircraft that use this hack.  So I can understand PMDG when they say they prefer not to implement this at this moment. 

Same with the weather radar. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I find it more than enough and very pretty it has a nice effect anyway when it's raining downpour use it very little because apparently it's very fragile it costs a fortune the broom

• Like 6

• Aerosoft

To the people who send me emails about helping.... Don't worry if you did not get a reply.  I got them all in a folder and will reply next week.  This week is a bit weird because I am getting my eyes overhauled. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Thats already good, it will defenetily help until we get proper working whipers

42 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, we have learned a bit since then!

But these things are always complex. See, what nobody else shows you in pictures is how it looks in heavy rain.

See, that is far from perfect.  But that is exactly how it looks on all aircraft that use this hack.  So I can understand PMDG when they say they prefer not to implement this at this moment. 

Same with the weather radar. 

it seems like the Fenix, which is not perfect but add some immersion details, and that's always welcomed..

Is it planned / possible to add some rains sounds (I love the FTsim+ rain on windshield sounds) ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

To the people who send me emails about helping.... Don't worry if you did not get a reply.  I got them all in a folder and will reply next week.  This week is a bit weird because I am getting my eyes overhauled. 

no problem Mathijs thank you for this answer take care of yourself health first

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Bueno, ¡hemos aprendido un poco desde entonces!

Pero estas cosas son siempre complejas. Mira, lo que nadie más te muestra en imágenes es cómo se ve bajo una fuerte lluvia.

Mira, eso está lejos de ser perfecto. Pero así es exactamente como se ve en todos los aviones que usan este truco. Entonces puedo entender a PMDG cuando dicen que prefieren no implementar esto en este momento. 

Lo mismo con el radar meteorológico. 

Clearly it's not perfect, but it's beyond you and the Aerosoft developers because it's a problem of Microsoft/Asobo.
It seems to me a logical solution. I've had landings with the 737 where I couldn't see anything and maybe that animation would have changed the experience a bit.

As for the weather radar I think I feel the same as this feature, if implementing it doesn't slow down the project at all, then fine, but if implementing it means wasting a week on something that doesn't work well, just leave it aside. Fortunately I'm a developer and this kind of things for me are completely reasonable.

Just out of curiosity, I see that you have the "ATC MSG" indicator ON (autoland too) is this because of some kind of integration with hopie or just because it is a test version of the 330?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, iLucasRT said:

Clearly it's not perfect, but it's beyond you and the Aerosoft developers because it's a problem of Microsoft/Asobo.
It seems to me a logical solution. I've had landings with the 737 where I couldn't see anything and maybe that animation would have changed the experience a bit.

As for the weather radar I think I feel the same as this feature, if implementing it doesn't slow down the project at all, then fine, but if implementing it means wasting a week on something that doesn't work well, just leave it aside. Fortunately I'm a developer and this kind of things for me are completely reasonable.

Just out of curiosity, I see that you have the "ATC MSG" indicator ON (autoland too) is this because of some kind of integration with hopie or just because it is a test version of the 330?

well it's probably showing that as well as the other lights since it has the switch flipped to test all the lights. i forgot the exact name of the switch but it's there to test the operational lights behind each switch

• Aerosoft
30 minutes ago, iLucasRT said:

Hopie is a complex topic. Just this week I have asked IVAO and VATSIM to finally sit together and work out a protocol. Both have been telling me for the last 4 years they are working on it but it simply does not materialize.  While we totally appreciate Hopie, it is not what aircraft devs need. The protocol needs to be set by the online flying groups.

• Like 4

• Aerosoft
12 minutes ago, anndrew said:

well it's probably showing that as well as the other lights since it has the switch flipped to test all the lights. i forgot the exact name of the switch but it's there to test the operational lights behind each switch

You mean this one:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean this one:

in the aeronautical language the pilot calls it (the Christmas tree )

• Like 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb iLucasRT:

Microsoft is just the publisher. Asobo is the developer based in Bordeaux, France not far from Toulouse.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean this one:

That's an amazing overhead Pannel but I see it's so clean I need some dirt to match real-life. Also, I see the Cargo Air conditioning which indicates that there is no Air conditioning provided to the AFT and AWD cargo, Is it planned to be added or the model the project based on doesn't equipped with this feature?

43 minutes ago, ahmed2003 said:

That's an amazing overhead Pannel but I see it's so clean I need some dirt to match real-life. Also, I see the Cargo Air conditioning which indicates that there is no Air conditioning provided to the AFT and AWD cargo, Is it planned to be added or the model the project based on doesn't equipped with this feature?

Definitely needs a bit of age to it.

• Like 1