Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

2 hours ago, YAG said:

If you take a close look at the plane it looks like there is a low poly (simple) cabin inside, not sure if it’s hollow from the inside.

Yes that's what I think about perhaps there is poor cabin not advanced and contains small details 

5 hours ago, APJ said:

(Sorry if this question has been asked before).

I know wx radar (at least an in-depth one) can't be implemented at this point, but is terrain radar planned?

I was also wondering that

vor 4 Stunden schrieb YAG:

If you take a close look at the plane it looks like there is a low poly (simple) cabin inside, not sure if it’s hollow from the inside.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Svend Loggerhead:

Mmmmm probably hollow inside but I’ll try to be optimistic 

a low poly cabin is still better then nothing I guess

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ahmed2003:

Yes that's what I think about perhaps there is poor cabin not advanced and contains small details 

Guys every plane comes with a exterior cabin. That doesn’t mean the plane has a cabin itself. So you don’t can open the cockpit door and see a cabin. That’s not the case. But the exterior has a cabin. Just to add more immersion and realism to the outside model.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Patrick Helzer said:

Guys every plane comes with an exterior cabin. That doesn’t mean the plane has a cabin itself. So you don’t can open the cockpit door and see a cabin. That’s not the case. But the exterior has a cabin. Just to add more immersion and realism to the outside model.

That’s why I said I thought it was hollow, as in the cabin isn’t really there. If you were no noclip out of the cockpit, it would be hollow.

20 hours ago, Patrick Helzer said:

Guys every plane comes with a exterior cabin. That doesn’t mean the plane has a cabin itself. So you don’t can open the cockpit door and see a cabin. That’s not the case. But the exterior has a cabin. Just to add more immersion and realism to the outside model.

yes you can change change the camera position from the camera file, then move through the door and set your desired position. Happy that its not like the 3d version which has texture windows and hollow from the inside it was kinda sad. and yes indeed even if it was low poly only existing make a nice depth effect and is better that the effect asobo uses for their default windows.

What I’m very excited about is what PMDG said 2 months ago: “Cockpit door functionality will come in a future update that brings broader changes and improvements to the cabin area.“

This certainly will be a game changer in the flightsim world as a study level narrow body never had this functionality before.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Patrick Helzer said:

What I’m very excited about is what PMDG said 2 months ago: “Cockpit door functionality will come in a future update that brings broader changes and improvements to the cabin area.“

This certainly will be a game changer in the flightsim world as a study level narrow body never had this functionality before.

Take what RSR says with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

• Aerosoft
On 2/24/2023 at 1:58 PM, APJ said:

(Sorry if this question has been asked before).

I know wx radar (at least an in-depth one) can't be implemented at this point, but is terrain radar planned?

A serious weather radar at this moment is not yet possible. We do have a good database for terrain so will add that.

• Like 5

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, ahmed2003 said:

Sorry guys, we simply do not bother a lot about a cabin. As with all our aircraft products we focus on the job of the flight crew, not the cabin crew. That means we have less work to do, can make things cheaper, can make things lighter on resources and it will all run better on Xbox and Cloud.

This has been our point of view for the last 12 years, it can't come as a surprise.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Patrick Helzer said:

Ahum... we had that 5 years ago in our P3D models. With sounds, camera, correct locking and unlocking, alarms etc. 

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Ahum... we had that 5 years ago in our P3D models. With sounds, camera, correct locking and unlocking, alarms etc. 

Yes but you still couldn’t open the door and see the forward cabin area.

Fact is during boarding and deboarding the cockpit door is open. Flight attendants come in and communicate with the pilots while they prepare the aircraft for departure or clean up the aircraft.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Patrick Helzer said:

Yes but you still couldn’t open the door and see the forward cabin area.

Fact is during boarding and deboarding the cockpit door is open. Flight attendants come in and communicate with the pilots while they prepare the aircraft for departure or clean up the aircraft.

But the Fenix, which is very defensibly on a similar level as the PMDG (if you care about the term "study-level"), already has the cabin and operable cockpit door with audio :)

• Like 2

vor 14 Minuten schrieb blanderrr:

But the Fenix, which is very defensibly on a similar level as the PMDG (if you care about the term "study-level"), already has the cabin and operable cockpit door with audio :)

That’s true but as it is study level it looks like they attached an old cabin to a new cockpit. The cockpit has LCD displays but the cabin is an older design. So for the cockpit and the cabin to match they should have put CRT displays in the cockpit.

23 hours ago, Patrick Helzer said:

…or the Fenix? Or older products, like in p3d or xplane? I’ve never played them, but I’m sure there’s a narrow body plane with an openable door and cabin in them.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Svend Loggerhead:

…or the Fenix? Or older products, like in p3d or xplane? I’ve never played them, but I’m sure there’s a narrow body plane with an openable door and cabin in them.

Study level.

13 minutes ago, Airlow said:

I have a question the 330 on x plane 12 is it a creation of aerosoft or no ,how do you find this model? thank you

There are 2 A330s, the stock one that comes with XP12 and the JarDesigns A330 that is an XP11 and XP12 compatible product sold (among others) through Aerosoft. Aerosoft isn't the creator, they're the distributor.

I really liked it in XP11, haven't used it much in XP12 as I don't really have the time any longer for long haul flights.

It's definitely not on the level of the FlightFactor and Toliss Airbusses, but it works well and looks good too. Jardesigns however doesn't have very much in the way of support and updates lately, which may bode ill for the future.

For the price though, it's a good deal.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry guys, we simply do not bother a lot about a cabin.

Waste of time, really. The action is in the cockpit, back there only reside all the regular john does who only want to go on vacation.

It just improves the experience, but I know most people don’t care about it. That’s why I propose that the cabin is a separate DLC, if you will. This can be developed after the A330 is released, so it won’t delay it, and Aerosoft won’t have to increase the prices on the original A330 for a cabin, driving away customers. Instead, they can charge for this “cabin add on”, and get another purchase from the people who wanted a cabin. Hell, get somebody else to develop it, I don’t care. The iniBuilds A310, Fenix A320, and PMDG 737 cabins are all very good, maybe you can find some deal with them. I’m not a businessperson, so I don’t know if this would be profitable or just a waste of time, but that’s my proposal. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/9/2022 at 5:54 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Late in the year for sure. 

Are there things that don't go the way you want? I would not like to disturb you in your work I know that you are doing a very good job but if you have any info I am interested thank you

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry guys, we simply do not bother a lot about a cabin. As with all our aircraft products we focus on the job of the flight crew, not the cabin crew. That means we have less work to do, can make things cheaper, can make things lighter on resources and it will all run better on Xbox and Cloud.

This has been our point of view for the last 12 years, it can't come as a surprise.

Folks, please, there's been more than enough said on the pros and cons of a detailed cabin, or even one at all. No need to comment further as Aerosoft has clearly stated their position on cabins remains as it is for this kind of moderate cost DLC. To save you the look-up, the above is Mathis' word on it.

Further posts on this are liable to be hidden as they'll serve no useful purpose. Thanks for moving on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3