Jump to content
If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

Aerosoft Airbus future plans


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friends, let me explain what we are planning in 2020 for the Airbus (and CRJ) series.   First of all, let me say how incredibly lucky we are with so many simulators that are simply very good

In progress (ignore graphics, colors etc)       There is some other stuff being done that we are doing with our friends at PMDG that I hope to show soon.

Posted Images

  • 3 weeks later...

Reading these pages reminds me of the dilemma I faced back in the 1980s over whether to buy a VHS or Betamax videoplayer. In the end the lower tech VHS player won through shear amount of players sold, but a few years later they were all history as the CD player appeared and now we are all on a cloud or online streaming.

I have a relatively new PC that I got for free and play FSX on so I would appreciate some kind of support for these platforms to continue, even if this means paying a modest fee. I had thought that in a few years I would think about getting a newer machine and change to P3D but now having read these pages I think I will go for the Microsoft 2020 version if there are some ways to import my FSX aircraft into them,.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 11/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, SpottyMCapt said:

I have a relatively new PC that I got for free and play FSX on so I would appreciate some kind of support for these platforms to continue, even if this means paying a modest fee. I had thought that in a few years I would think about getting a newer machine and change to P3D but now having read these pages I think I will go for the Microsoft 2020 version if there are some ways to import my FSX aircraft into them,.

 

Sorry, there is no chance of simply "importing" your FSX aircraft into the Microsoft Flight Simulator (formal name for the new one, aka MFS, MFS2020, MSFS). They're utterly incompatible. Some can be imported into P3D, in particular, the earlier 32 bit versions (P3D, P3Dv2, P3Dv3) but even there, some just don't work, while MFS is an entirely different animal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

How much of those will be 'ports' and how much will be done to the new standards remains to be seen

Hi

I didn't actually understand this. Btw, why any of the aircrafts at all need to be ported? Aren't all the aircrafts possible to be done from scratch according to the new standards and utilising all the features of the new simulator? There are several limitations in the current sdk, I understand, but I think it is gradually improving. I mean we could be a bit patient if needed. It would be just awesome if we could get those airbus series for msfs utilising the new standards !!!

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Herman said:

Sorry, there is no chance of simply "importing" your FSX aircraft into the Microsoft Flight Simulator (formal name for the new one, aka MFS, MFS2020, MSFS). They're utterly incompatible. Some can be imported into P3D, in particular, the earlier 32 bit versions (P3D, P3Dv2, P3Dv3) but even there, some just don't work, while MFS is an entirely different animal.

Do you not see any plans for MSFS to be able to run FSX aircraft in a compatibility mode? Microsoft will run old versions of software so why not their flightsim ?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs

My view only. I haven't seen anything like that in the responsible forums/websites (which doesn't mean it's not possible, just that it's not under active consideration). Besides, what do you think Microsoft and third party developers want to see, the ability to sell new product to the new customer base OR extra work by Asobo (=$$$) so old software will run. Simply look at the efficiencies (=fps) and detail bespoke MFS aircraft have over FSX/FSX:SE/P3D any version and decide if old and new simmers alike want to go backwards. As I wrote in what you quoted, even now with P3Dv4 and v5 (64 bit), there are many FSX aircraft that won't work at all or have missing factuality.

 

The basic view about the ability of a given system (yours) to run P3Dv4/v5 and MFS is that what will run one acceptably will run the other. If a given system won't run one of the current versions of P3D acceptably it won't run MFS decently either. Since it looks like it's some time before you acquire such a rig, I'd just build and enjoy my FSX hangar and not worry about "future proofing" it.

 

In case you're not aware of the system recommendations, here they are for P3Dv4 and v5 and MFS.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
10 hours ago, SpottyMCapt said:

Do you not see any plans for MSFS to be able to run FSX aircraft in a compatibility mode? Microsoft will run old versions of software so why not their flightsim ?

 

No, I know it was suggested for a while I see hardly any options for backwards compatibility.  The platform is just to different.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...