Fabian Boulegue

Request an Train/Bus/Airport/Aircraft/Tool thread

57 minutes ago, Overmind0673 said:

i team @ Aerosoft.

Since in Lockdown, i have been thinking a lot about it and wanted to suggest the idea if it takes traction of course.

I have been purchasing your products and i must admit, they are formidable products, at least a champion for creating Airbus Planes.

Most of North Americans are concentrating their efforts on creating Boeing aircrafts for flight simulation community. I and perhaps others thank you for allowing us to fly European birds.

Your portfolio is good and we wish to have new joiners in the family. This lead me to ask this question and maybe others have already done that.

What is the overall cost of New developpement for a new plane? man/hours.

Given the fact that most simmers would like to have new planes. What is the amount of commitment you want to get from potential buyers to start a project?

For example: conducting an online survey to know which products can attract sufficient interested persons, and invest a reasonable amount of money so you can start working on that project. Knowing that at the end of the cycle, the product will sell well among simmers from mouth to ears?

Take this as a Groupon style influence buying.

My Idea is: A340-300, since A350( maybe the available data does make it easy to model it as much as you would like)

Thanks and stay safe.

Regards

Not going into details, but the cost of development of an Aircraft like an Airbus can easily add up to about a million Euros. Not only because of the manhours required, but also licensing cost, cost to geather all the information needed, the marketing and distribution, after sales support (which is huge with modern airliners compared to for instance a Cessna), etc.

You can therefore calculate how expensive such an addon would have to be and how many you'd have to sell to start making money on it.

For an A350 compared to an A340 you can easily double that cost.

• Upvote 1

We do not need any funds to start a project. Aerosoft has enough cash to do those investments. That's why you do not see a lot of 'early access' from us. 

We have a good idea what people would like, but we have to balance that against what is possible in the sim and what the potential sales will be. As you understand that is all rather complex with PeD v5 and FS2020.

1 hour ago, Tairbus said:

I wish just 2 things...

Tairbus, I sent you to this thread for new suggestions, not for ones that others already made and certainly not for the two you asked about this week. As you were informed by Otto (mopperle), these repeated requests of yours are now spamming, which is why your post of an hour ago was deleted.

Please respect the decisions that have already been explained to you about the A320neo and A350 and stop asking about them.

Chad, please do a search before requesting something, as these three have all received multiple requests, one of which was noted in the post just above yours (A350). In short, none will be done by Aerosoft, mostly because the technical data required to faithfully duplicate the performance is unavailable even to crews.

On 5/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, Herman said:

Chad, please do a search before requesting something, as these three have all received multiple requests, one of which was noted in the post just above yours (A350). In short, none will be done by Aerosoft, mostly because the technical data required to faithfully duplicate the performance is unavailable even to crews.

Well flight factor done one with technical data given to them. Anyway each to there own i guess.

What data others have used is a fraction of what's needed to do one to the level of fidelity Aerosoft shoots for. As you say, to each their own.

• Like 1

Is there anyway PFPX could be part of cloud or if not now someday, to where it doesn't need to be on same pc as the planes are but still function ?  Like for example, my Flightsim PC is down & at the shop, and I have a feeling pfpx is going end up getting erased. Due to the fact I'll need a new windows restored on there. Wouldn't it be nice though to be able to have a backup pfpx on another PC, so that if one PC is down and you loose data, when you get that pc backup, you can still send data back too the other computer once you reinstall pfpx & not loose all my airplane data like I had.. I had alot of good true airplane info I am now going to have to go back again and once again build all that back up again, which will take alot of time and effort to do.. However If I was able to send it data from another PFPX on another pc and just send the aircraft data back too it.. Along with all my airplanes I have on there.. Be Alot of time saved.

You could of course just copy the whole PFPX folder onto the other computer.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data contains pretty much all your data.

• Like 1

Is there anyway of pfpx picking up weather without the sim on the same pc ? I see it says online but then it says no weather even after selecting online.. So basically it has to have a sim to connect too ?

On 5/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, Jetwings32 said:

Is there anyway of pfpx picking up weather without the sim on the same pc ? I see it says online but then it says no weather even after selecting online.. So basically it has to have a sim to connect too ?

That's not a question for the request an add-on forum. Please ask at the dedicated PFPX forum located at this link.

I would love to see the ATR-72-500 redone for P3d.

And I still hope for the PW and GE variants of the A330, even if it would only be visual and sounds.

Concerning scenery, I would look forward for a Saarbrücken (EDDR) scenery for P3d.

1 hour ago, DriverX said:

Hey Folks, 

is there anywhere a eurowings BvB livery for your newest a320 for download available? Thanks a lot. 

Pascal

I'm not sure, but I'll move this to the Livery area where the repainters have a better chance of seeing it.

Best wishes!

14 hours ago, Jetwings32 said:

You linked me here.. Thats why I posted it here.. Then I am not sure where it belongs either move it where it belongs or delete from the forum and I forget I even asked the question..

Your original post appeared to ask for a new product/capability (PFPX on the cloud), that's why I asked you to request it here. This next post is asking for help with the product, so that's why I suggested posting there. Sorry if it confused you. I copied your last question into a post for you in the PFPX support section here: