Airbus X Extended _ Liveries

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will I be able to fly a "Finnair" Airbus X Extended to and from my new EHFK Helsinki very soon?

Just thought about that too! Now that FlyBe will take over flying Embraers from Finnair, Finnair will be flying only Airbuses. As they are based at EFHK, these two would make a great pair :clapping_s:

Here's an example of the "new" livery:

OH-LXF

A320-214

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Finnair/Airbus-A320-214/2163284/L/&sid=69518695523055b9fb73365c4f2afd1a

Just thought about that too! Now that FlyBe will take over flying Embraers from Finnair, Finnair will be flying only Airbuses. As they are based at EFHK, these two would make a great pair :clapping_s:

Here's an example of the "new" livery:

OH-LXF

A320-214

http://www.airliners...b73365c4f2afd1a

It's not the new livery, but the old one is available for download on Holgi's website for the A320 with Sharklets.

Is it me or is that FINNAIR color way too "light". It should be darker as I have seen many many many of these Finnair's new colours. Here is couple pics where you could see the difference.

Here you can see easily the color:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/2/3/5/2154532.jpg

And here is many others

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraft_genericsearch=%3D%22airbus+a320%22&airlinesearch=&countrysearch=&specialsearch=&keywords=OH-LXD&sort_order=photo_id+desc&page_limit=15&daterange=&range=&thumbnails=&engine_version=6.0

If you try putting the color darker, you see that it looks much better. :)

With the best regards,

Lauri Sivuoja

Oh. One thing what might be interesting. Finnair has changed plans and is going to take IAE engines for the NEO. But keep the livery for CFM NEO due you aint making the CFM engines for NEO :).

With the bestregards,

Lauri Sivuoja

Looking at all these liveries I can only take my hat off and say: Let' s all have a hand for Holgi, Jankees and John Glanville just to name three of the painters who immediately come to my mind. They did/do a fantastic job!

Is there any other FSX aircraft which comes with more liveries than the AirbusX?

Is there any other FSX aircraft which comes with more liveries than the AirbusX?

An interesting question. As it stands right now, just in the Aerosoft downloads section, there are 457 liveries for the Airbus X, and so far 130 for the Airbus X Extended. That's an amazing amount of liveries, and that doesn't even count the liveries that painters have uploaded elsewhere, like on AvSim or FlightSim. The only other aircraft that I know of that comes close is the NGX with a little over 500 over at AvSim, though there may be another addon with similar numbers that I do not know about.

Definitely a big hand to Holgi and the other painters, if you've noticed the File Upload Notifications page on the main forum page, you'll see that Holgi has uploaded more than one livery almost every day for the past few weeks. Really impressive.

any of the "whole different Animals" of Frontier Airlines? (they use a few A320s)

I love them

Happy landings

Juergen

yes, for the old model at least:

frontier4.jpg

FX4978.jpg

frontier2.jpg

frontier3.jpg

frontier1.jpg

they may have more now, but that was the lot when I painted them

• Deputy Sheriffs

There comes a small documentation with the paintkit. But you should have some knowledge with tools like Photoshop. But I guess in case you have some questions on using the paintkit, you'll get answers around here. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Indeed that's why i was asking if there was an easy template with marking to make alignments easy ? Maybe Holgi can confirm ? Thank you

I think you can handle the paintkit after a period of exercise and familiarization!

Otto said it beautifully, if you have some questions on using the paintkit, you'll get answers around here ... for sure! :)

yes, for the old model at least:

frontier4.jpg

FX4978.jpg

frontier2.jpg

frontier3.jpg

frontier1.jpg

they may have more now, but that was the lot when I painted them

They shurely have - but it's a great start (you can only fly one at a time)

btw. there's a really nice book about the Frontier paints by Dietmar Plath - really worth havin' a look into it

Thanks for your work - on my download list when I got the bus!

Happy landings

Juergen

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Holgi. First of all, thank you so much for the countless liveries you have painted so far (not only the A320s). You're truly doing an amazing job. It just came to my attention that Air Tanzania is operating an A320-200 CFM. For personal reasons I am very happy to see this one happen. So if you should ever find some blank spots in your timetable again ;), could you please think about doing this one? Cheers mate.

Update: They returned the plane to the lessor in 2009. Poor giraffe. :(

Archived