Twin otter extended and F1 GTN

Nirgal76

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not rule out this option.

But whereas it will happen depends on developer availability, but also a discussion if such an upgrade should be free, or offered as a seperate product customers need to pay for.

I doubt that sales numbers will increase, just beacuse we would add that feature.

Some 3D re-modelling and extra coding is required, but I agree that it would be a nice addition, now we got a developer that actively can support us.

I think some cusomer survey is needed to ensure that enough people request it and maybe also would be prepared to pay a fee for it.

Finn

I would go for it for sure. Just got the GTN yesterday and that's a hell of a GPS ;)

But I guess I'm not the typical kind of customer anyway...

I would go for it for sure. Just got the GTN yesterday and that's a hell of a GPS ;)

But I guess I'm not the typical kind of customer anyway...

I got it too to compliment the new A2A Cessna 182, and it's really cool.

Finn

Have you bought a new nav cycle from Garmin or are you using the 2011 Database?

How often have you problems with the cycle?

Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

Have you bought a new nav cycle from Garmin or are you using the 2011 Database?

How often have you problems with the cycle?

Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

I´m using the Navdata that came with the installer.

This means that Terrain data is only available for North and Central America.

The rest of the world is depicted like we are used to with the RXP GNS - Black for land and blue for water.

The Navdata is from 2011.

I have not yet found a nearby dealer for the full Garmin GTN PC Trainer software that includes the rest of the world.

Finn

This is how I sugest it could be done:

PLEASE NOTE !!!

This is only my personal suggestion and not something that is planned or agreed upon with Aerosoft.

I cannot promise that it ever will happen !

The reason is not unwillingness, but it will take some developer resources, and these must be availabe, as well as somehow someone need to pay for it.

So it´s not something that will be done for only a handfull of customers who shows interest.

Upper screenshot is my suggestion for the GTN 750 and the lower how it looks currently.

Note that the old transponder can be removed together with the Audio selector, since they are integrated in the GTN 750.

post-7458-0-74109700-1416171962_thumb.jp

Finn

I got it too to compliment the new A2A Cessna 182, and it's really cool.

Finn

+1

This is how I sugest it could be done:

PLEASE NOTE !!!

This is only my personal suggestion and not something that is planned or agreed upon with Aerosoft.

I cannot promise that it ever will happen !

The reason is not unwillingness, but it will take some developer resources, and these must be availabe, as well as somehow someone need to pay for it.

So it´s not something that will be done for only a handfull of customers who shows interest.

Upper screenshot is my suggestion for the GTN 750 and the lower how it looks currently.

Note that the old transponder can be removed together with the Audio selector, since they are integrated in the GTN 750.

attachicon.gifTwot_GTN750.jpg

Finn

The option offered by you is pleasant to me.

I am also ready to pay in addition separately for integration of GTN.

your suggestion is fine to me.

i understand the extra work needed for probably not many more money. i just hope it will be done.

(I'm ready to pay for full 3d integration)

Anyway, it's a fantastic aircraft with or without GTN, thanks for that

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have not yet found a nearby dealer for the full Garmin GTN PC Trainer software that includes the rest of the world.

That is the main issue holding me off from buying the GTN.

But if the Twin Otter would support it, it makes is more tempting, and I am certainly interested in such an addition.

I already have the A2A C182 and Milviz B55 with support for it. Waiting for the RealAir Dukes and Legacy as well.

That is the main issue holding me off from buying the GTN.

But if the Twin Otter would support it, it makes is more tempting, and I am certainly interested in such an addition.

I already have the A2A C182 and Milviz B55 with support for it. Waiting for the RealAir Dukes and Legacy as well.

Hi Eric !

While the terraindata for North and central america is cool, and I would like it for the rest of the world, the GTN750 is still extremely nice.

If You know the RXP GNS430 and GNS530 You will know that these alse comes without terrain data, meanig that land is black and water is blue.

Finn

• Deputy Sheriffs

While the terraindata for North and central america is cool, and I would like it for the rest of the world, the GTN750 is still extremely nice.

If You know the RXP GNS430 and GNS530 You will know that these alse comes without terrain data, meanig that land is black and water is blue.

Hi Finn,

I do have the RXP GNS530, now useless because I only fly P3D. I have the Mindstar GNS because it was the first for P3D. It is less complete however than the RXP (no terrain data among others).

I hesitate to invest in yet another GPS, also because the P3D-version is very high priced, and that even without the worldwide database.

Is the Flight1 GTN complete worldwide for all other things besides the terrain data? Does it contain all the airport data?

Hi Eric !

Finn

There are no problems all over the world.

post-71503-0-68139800-1416606833_thumb.j

Hi Finn,

I do have the RXP GNS530, now useless because I only fly P3D. I have the Mindstar GNS because it was the first for P3D. It is less complete however than the RXP (no terrain data among others).

I hesitate to invest in yet another GPS, also because the P3D-version is very high priced, and that even without the worldwide database.

Is the Flight1 GTN complete worldwide for all other things besides the terrain data? Does it contain all the airport data?

Us only is for FliteCharts, safetaxi and Terrain

but it is :

Worldwide Database for Airport, and navaid

Worldwide Database of Roads, Rivers, Cities, Oceans, Lakes, etc.

Worldwide Obstacle Database and Obstacle Alerts

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just got the DVD with the complete Trainer Software... When installed this evening, I would be ready.... ;-)

And from where did you get it?

There are Dealers in Germany... I've got it in Mönchengladbach, but they get it themselves delivered and that are the additional costs. But it goes fast. Ordered last Wednesday, went to MG today to grab it...

Archived