Performance

maxhades

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Forget it guys! Wir können auch deutsch sprechen!

This is an English forum!

6 ich tweake nichts, ich bin nicht blind oder ein framegeiler fsx spieler und ich bin keine 15 Jahre mehr alt

The reason for this frame problem needs to be chased down properly.

Please keep in mind that the people on the other side of the forum don't know anything about you, your system and all the other add on that might be installed. It would be a proper start if you would give as many details as possible about your system.

7 werden wie angekündigt noch mehrer folgen mit dem selben problem

Maybe or maybe not. I can't look into the future and I doubt you can.

Instead of being sarcastic the proper way of doing and receiving support is to work constructively on the PROBLEM!

EDIT: and that was what Mathijs did when he asked for the frame settings. It wasn't to offend anyone but to try to localize the problem, step by step, by step, by step. How many ever it needs...

• Deputy Sheriffs

what is your System for the A318/319 Test´s? And what is your FPS?

I am using an i5 with 2.8 Ghz, a very small GPU (GT630), P3D v2.3 and have frames mostly above 30. Of course they go down if I approach into dense area, but not below 20.

So even on a not high end gaming machine the bus is behaving fine. That's why this problem can't be a general one.

• Aerosoft

Nope, happens in 318 as well - engine type or livery doesn't matter. What I observed, every several minutes fps spike to "normal" value of 30+ and after few seconds drops again to below 10. Happens only in new 319/318, didn't ever happened before on any other aircraft. I scanned my system for any abnormal background activity and found nothing. Also disabling AV software doesn't help. It looks like some serious computing power is required by 318/319, but don't understand why and how :)

Well for sure you need a lot of CPU. We calculate the FBW system on a frame by frame base (only way to do it and that's why a good FPS is important for this product. There is however nothing that runs on a cycle of a few seconds in the software, certainly not something that 'does not need resources' every few seconds.

Can you make a small video of the bus standing on a very low poly airport so fps, no movement, no interaction so we can see this fluctuating effect? It would be best if you also show the Windows performance meter so we can see what cores are being used when this happens.

Dear Gents,

so I tried the following situation. I positioned the A319 LH CFM onto Runway 28 at EDDN airport ( no scenery, default one ), no weather and daylight. cockpit state cold and dark. My frame rate varies between 4 and 20 frames with a variation of over 50 Percent. There ist definitivly something wrong with the plane, sorry to say.

Hi @ all

first at all, thanks for the nice Product. Great work! :excellenttext_s:

But same Problem here with the A319 and A318!

First Flight with the A318 LFPG - EDDH 5-6 fps. AES, no AI Traffic, ASN Weather, no online flying, no EFB etc. (Flight an Ground)

Second Flight withe the A319 EDDH LFBO 6-7 fps. AES, no AI Traffic, ASN Weather, no online flying, no EFB etc. (Flight an Ground)

Now i stand in EDDH (Aerosoft Scernery) Gate 17 do nothing only AES is working -> 5,5 fsp.

Airbus Connect off, Checklist off, View System, Crew Sound, ATC Sound is off all the time from first flight to now.
Terr on ND of or on make no difference, the WX Radar is off.

Airbus X , PMDG 737-777, Dash8 etc. work with 25-35 fps on ground and with higher fps in the Air. I work with the same config. like all time before...

Fps are not locked and Fps drop down only at very Big Airports. But not to much...

Here some Pics:

post-36337-0-36840500-1411575096_thumb.j post-36337-0-46389000-1411575097_thumb.j post-36337-0-09209500-1411575098_thumb.j post-36337-0-99584000-1411575098_thumb.j

I work with Windows 7, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Intel Core i/-2600K CPU (not overclockt), Norton Anti Virus, FSX Acceleration Pack, ASN, EZCA, FSUIPC.

Sven

Edit: Now i fly with Ai Traffic (UT2), and ASN with the A319 at FL380 Fps between 5.0 and 45.3 Variance tell me 25.8% (fluctuates)

I don't know what is wrong here... I thing i will try to fly a couple of times the same rout with different settings tomorrow.

Yes i have very bad fps too. Around 10-15fps with the new Airbus...

Normaly 30-40 with pmdg...

And the fsx got micro laggs :/

My System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Intel i7 2600K @4,5ghz
Nvidia MSI Twin Frozr 770GTX
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)
Asus P8P67 Rev.3.0 Mainboard Sockel 1155
Power Supply Corsair 650W
Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler
Raidmax Sagittarius Midi Tower
SSD Samsung Serie 840 EVO 250Gb 512MB Cache SATA 3
HDD Western Digital Blue 1TB Sata 3 64MB Cache

• Aerosoft

Hi @ all

first at all, thanks for the nice Product. Great work! :excellenttext_s:

But same Problem here with the A319 and A318!

First Flight with the A318 LFPG - EDDH 5-6 fps. AES, no AI Traffic, ASN Weather, no online flying, no EFB etc. (Flight an Ground)

Second Flight withe the A319 EDDH LFBO 6-7 fps. AES, no AI Traffic, ASN Weather, no online flying, no EFB etc. (Flight an Ground)

Now i stand in EDDH (Aerosoft Scernery) Gate 17 do nothing only AES is working -> 5,5 fsp.

Airbus Connect off, Checklist off, View System, Crew Sound, ATC Sound is off all the time from first flight to now.

Terr on ND of or on make no difference, the WX Radar is off.

Airbus X , PMDG 737-777, Dash8 etc. work with 25-35 fps on ground and with higher fps in the Air. I work with the same config. like all time before...

Fps are not lockt and Fps drop down only at very Big Airports. But not to much...

Here some Pics:

attachicon.gif001.JPG attachicon.gif002.JPG attachicon.gif003.JPG attachicon.gif004.JPG

I work with Windows 7, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Intel Core i/-2600K CPU (not overclockt), Norton Anti Virus, FSX Acceleration Pack, ASN, EZCA, FSUIPC.

Sven

Thanks for that fine report, now that really helps. let's first make sure it is not a conflict with another add-on. Can you try without ASN and EZdok?

Hi,

Yes I know after I looked at the other aircraft ..but I have still the performance issue,.... with the a320 no problem so there is something wrong.

My system I7 2600K 4,2ghz

580gtx

win7 64 bit

Christian

Thanks for that fine report, now that really helps. let's first make sure it is not a conflict with another add-on. Can you try without ASN and EZdok?

Sure...

but i am in the Air right now...

I stoppt UT2, ASN an EZdok an i have now: about 21.6 to 60.1 fps and a Variance tell me about 23- 33%

Sven

Hi,

same here round 5 FPS, in AXE 25 FPS.

I use P3D 2.3 no tweaks, no wetter addon, logging off, WIN7 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560

But my CPU cores are running by 13%, Direct after loading A319 CFM 20 FPS then drops to 5 FPS in 5min and crashes after 10min.

• Aerosoft

Yes I know after I looked at the other aircraft ..but I have still the performance issue,.... with the a320 no problem so there is something wrong.

Yes there is indeed something on your system that is not the same as on that of the other customers. These things are always hard to debug but for sure we will try and if there is something we can change we'll do so.

However... I just dropped a new disk in my test rig, installed Win7, FSX Sp2 and the A318/A319 and could not detect any issues with performance. The standard 25+ fps that I expect. I will leave that system as it so we can test on that.

• Aerosoft

But my CPU cores are running by 13%, Direct after loading A319 CFM 20 FPS then drops to 5 FPS in 5min and crashes after 10min.

That seems to indicate you have a massive memory leak. Something we test out products for and we have never seen any.

ASN seems to be the largest problem. When I turn it on again, the fps go down.
EZdok drop down the fps only a very little...

This is all in the air not at the ground. I had to verify it on ground.

So not sure if ASN is the only Problem here...

I think my plan to make some Test flight on every time the same rout with different settings tomorrow will help to find my problem...

Sven

PS: Can some one confirm that he get better fps with out ASN?
ASN off:
post-36337-0-09147200-1411579455_thumb.j post-36337-0-03453600-1411579456_thumb.j
ASN on:
post-36337-0-87546700-1411579458_thumb.j post-36337-0-82533400-1411579459_thumb.j

Hi there,

same problem here. My first thought was that there is a interaction between the old A320/321 and the new A318/A319. Unfortuneately a complete deinstall of both add-ons and a reinstall of the A318/A319 did not solve the problem. In my case it comes in intervalls, it jumps from a normal framerate (30) to a framerate of 10 or less for a while an then back to normal fps and again and again .... Turning off the WXR makes no diffderence. In worse weather (many clouds and rain) the "effect" seems to be more present.

Never had such problems with other aircrafts like A320 extended, PMDG 737, 777 and so on.

Thanks,

Holger

Hi Holger, thanks for your replay...

Ok, i will test ist tomrrow with the different settings...

For now i will leve ASN off. It works not stable but better in the air.

Will see how it works on ground if im am at the destination...

Sven

In meantime I did following experiment:

1. loaded A319 in some default FSX airports (choosen randomly from the list, no buildings, just runway). In VC FPS 8-10.

2. switched to external view - FPS = 10-12

3. lowered display settings directly in FSX (not sure which one as I have no time now to redo it again, but for sure I set anizo filtering to off), applied changes.

4. still in external view - FPS = 70+ (no limiter)

5. switched back graphical settings to almost-right slider position - FPS = 30+ (!)

6. changed view to VC - FPS = 4-6 (!!)

7. switched back to external - FPS = 8-12 (!!)

ASN off, no AI, no programs in background. As from the above, for me it seems like something related to VC.

Regards

That seems to indicate you have a massive memory leak. Something we test out products for and we have never seen any.

After Reinstalling now 41 fPS great so far. But with the first Hotfix my system drops down with these memory leak....

I checked all files from HOTFIX 1.

only FPS drops when i uns the Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll from Hotfix

Hope it helps

But what is the conection between ASN and the Airbus A318/A319 what the Airbus A320/A321 do not have?

It makes here at my System no difference between the VC and the external view. The FPS are at both situation bad. And i change nothing only install the A319/A318.
So yesterday i had the same configuration with the A320 and all was ok... WX Radar? Did it work in the background if you turn it off?

But for now i will enjoy the flight in this nice bird. Without ASN but a nice sunset :ididit_s:

Sven

Archived