Performance

maxhades

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Max,

try to turn off the WXR please and tell me if that helps you. The weather radar is quite fps intensive, but if you turn it off you will immediatly get a performanceboost again.

i give the a try now! Testet also with PMDG and the old A320! No fps drops so it is definitly the new bus! I call back after the test!

And what about the view outside the plane? Realy far away!

regards

Well, the same for me. Just installed A319 and FPS in VC and external view are around 5-8. I tested at Oslo v2 airport (FSX, weather off, no AI) and my observations are as follows:

- in PMDG NGX or Airbus AXE I have solid 30+ FPS in both internal and external views at Oslo v2

- after loading A318/319 (any engine version, any livery) for the first 10 seconds or so I get 25 FPS, but after a while it drops below 10

- sometimes FPS go up again, but after any interaction with aircraft (pressing any button in overhead, using left/right MCDU) things go bad again

- on any default FSX scenery, frames in A319 rise up to 20-22 and no higher

I disabled data logging in configurator, tried reinstalling Airbus - no help. WX radar and terrain radar are off, but it's not the case since low FPS occurs even in cold and dark state and external view. My specs are: i5 (not overclocked), GTX560 with up-to-date drivers, 16GB RAM. As stated before, problem exists only in new Airbus and in any scenery (tried Oslo as mentioned above, also Frankfurt and Gdansk) - all other planes work like a charm. I understand that it is a complex piece of software, but should it behave so bad?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Michal

Exact the same problem as Michand says! What is the big diffrent from 320 to 319 without WXR to have such bad performance now? I mean the PMDG is a performancekiller or better until now...it was after the A319! Very sad!

greets

• Aerosoft

On our systems the effect of the WX is between 2 and 3 FPS (totally understandable as this is a very very demanding feature. But overall the performance is better than the A320 on all our machines (and those of our testers). As you seen comments from other users they feel performance is indeed better.

What could cause a lower fps could be the fact the WX and TX need a lot of calculating performance and when that is low on your system these effects can happen.

realy crazy! I got very good fps with the A320...always! i have locked my frames at 22! With the A320 stays always on top of the frames with a variance of 0.5! Now with the A319 between 16-19 frames and a high variance! Realy crazy!

• Aerosoft

The variance can be explained by the TX and WX. I would most certainly NOT user any locked FPS as that is very buggy and you will gain a lot by just setting it unlimited.

But a drop from 22 to 19 does not surprise me on some hardware and hardly seems 'crazy' or 'very bad'. It's just what I wrote you, its what we see as well.

Fps limited or not, the question for a dummy like me is why i got stable frames with pmdg, airbus 320 and many more and since today with A319 not?

By the way and this is nothing new about them as fps set to unlimited is nonsens in my opinion! It makes sens3 flying over urban areas aso! But that is not the point so far! Hope with the first update the performance grows up! You will see the next few days i am not the only one! And by the way, this is my first post because of performance problems here and in other forums! My fsx runs stable and smooth for some years! Thanks

• Aerosoft

Fps limited or not, the question for a dummy like me is why i got stable frames with pmdg, airbus 320 and many more and since today with A319 not?

By the way and this is nothing new about them as fps set to unlimited is nonsens in my opinion! It makes sens3 flying over urban areas aso! But that is not the point so far! Hope with the first update the performance grows up! You will see the next few days i am not the only one! And by the way, this is my first post because of performance problems here and in other forums! My fsx runs stable and smooth for some years! Thanks

Okay, have it your way. We have proven several times the FPS limiter in FSX is buggy but if you like it, do use it.

There is no update pending that will change the performance because we do not know what to change. I get a variance of around 5% in FPS over a period of 10 minutes, that is fully acceptable to us.

Maxhades, I got the same aircraft as you describe and I get consistently better FPS in the A318/A319. With the WX set to long distance I see the mentioned (by Mathjis and you) loss of 2 to 3 fps. You might have seen many others already commenting on the fine fps, so why are you insisting it's the product? Did you buy a different product then I got?

I am also not sure why you feel the variance of fps is such a issue. As long as it is in the 5%<>10% range you'll never see it. Of course with the FPS limiter set to something FSX can't actually reach easy it will create problems. That's why most people don't use the build in limiter anymore. Besides why would you limit fps? It was a fine idea in FS2004 because it needed to do things in advance due to it's single core, but with a multicore system I have never seen it do anything but... limit fps. If I set my fps limiter to 30 I get around 26 fps average. With it set to unlimited I get 33 fps.

Of course you will call this nonsense. But it really seems you are more out to make a point then to get advise.

30 is ok because of the refreshrate with a 60hz monitor! There are 1000 threads out ther WHY not set to unlimited, also some threads writen by mr tylor, programmer of fsx! Unlimited and your fsx gives that the highest priority to hold them! On long hauls aso it makes MY fsx unstable and produce some blurried textures in some situations! But as i said this before! This is not the point yet, but i know my settings for a long time and i know the new bus is eating more frames! No stress guys, i got many nice addons via aerosoft, includes the A320 and like so far! Thx

• Aerosoft

Okay sir. I am not going to argument with that many exclamation marks.

For now I can just tell you that we are not planning any change that will affect fps seriously (or planned) because we do not feel there is a problem that we can address.

I totally understand, that complex features like WX or terrain radar affect performance. I understand that performance (measured in terms of fps) may vary up to 5-10%. That's perfectly fine. What I don't understand is why when I load AXE or NGX or Dash8 I get 30+ fps (limited or not, doesn't matter) and when I load new 319 in very same conditions I get fps mostly below 10 both in VC and external. I have no fsx.cfg tweaks, I tried deleting fsx.cfg and recreating another one, nothing in my PC is overclocked and I have no fancy graphics card drivers tweaks. Looks like something that is loaded with 319 (and only with 319) greatly affects performance. Some extra module/DLL maybe?

Regards

• Aerosoft

Well of course there are many new and changed modules, but in our tests we simply do not see much of a difference.

Going from 30 fps to 10 fps means there is something seriously wrong and that the software is trying to do something that your system is not handling well. It could be a Windows runtime module or a Direct X file that is not correct. That difference is way too large to think a part of the Airbus systems slows it down. The other reports we seen were going down from 33 to 29, nothing like what you see.

You say it only happens with the A319, not with the A318?

Nope, happens in 318 as well - engine type or livery doesn't matter. What I observed, every several minutes fps spike to "normal" value of 30+ and after few seconds drops again to below 10. Happens only in new 319/318, didn't ever happened before on any other aircraft. I scanned my system for any abnormal background activity and found nothing. Also disabling AV software doesn't help. It looks like some serious computing power is required by 318/319, but don't understand why and how :)

Hello folks,

first of all, I have to apologize for my bad english, I am native German. I have exactly the same problems as Max. Performance is really bad. It happens only to the A319 or A318 and it even happens when I place the aircraft with no weather and in cold and dark state at the gate. Frames are really bad. Maybe I have to re-install the bus.

Forget it guys! Wir können auch deutsch sprechen!

1 wer seinen flusi mit unlimited testet bzgl frames kann nichts feststellen

2 mein fsx backup fliege ich seit jahren so und ich weiss SOFORT wenn ein addon nochdazu wenn es ident mit der 320 ist schlechtere frames hat

3 wäre es nicht so schlimm wenn man nicht gerade in LA landet wo jeder frame zählt

4 Hatte ich nur um Hilfe gebeten und leider wird dann auf meine ach so unmögliche fps einstellung herungehackt

5 ist das nicht zum ersten mal via support von Aerosoft

6 ich tweake nichts, ich bin nicht blind oder ein framegeiler fsx spieler und ich bin keine 15 Jahre mehr alt

7 werden wie angekündigt noch mehrer folgen mit dem selben problem

Schade drum weil der Bus leider sehr cool ist aber seitens Aerosoft fast nie Einsicht gezeigt wird als wären wir alle zu blöd

• Deputy Sheriffs

first of all, I have to apologize for my bad english, I am native German. I have exactly the same problems as Max. Performance is really bad. It happens only to the A319 or A318 and it even happens when I place the aircraft with no weather and in cold and dark state at the gate. Frames are really bad. Maybe I have to re-install the bus.

No need to excuse for your english (which in fact isn't bad) ;)

There were really many beta testers upfront testing the new buses, as there are now several hundreds (or thousands, I don't know any sells numbers) simmers flying it without having such severe problems.

I agree with all of you that a drop from 30 below 10 is severe! No question about it.

But it can't be something fundamentally wrong with the new bus iteself, as in this case much much more people would report it in.

It must be something with your system in combination with the new bus. And this needs to be identified properly, which isn't an easy task via a forum. But anyway, the analysis needs to get started at one point.

Are you using the latest drivers for your graphics board?

Ja, geb ich dir prinzipiell Recht. aber ich denke wir sollten auf english kommunizieren da sie uns hier sonst wohl raus kicken werden!! deutsches Forum zum A319 gibt es ja wohl nicht.

Only thing that makes me wonder, we are presently only 3 people with this problem so maybe it is a faulty insall or something. The thing with the frames settings I also thing this is not the reason. I will wait now a few hours but I also

think that some users will follow. And believe me, in case that their will be a few, they will think about it. So be patient and look whats goeing on here in the Forum.

But your right, a very nice plane!!

Hello Tom,

yes my machine runs with the latest equipment ( drivers etc. ) and as the other writers wrote, I have also no problems with planes like the PMDG ones or the DASH 8 or something similar. For me, I will try a new install and wait for a feedback of a friend of mine who ist installing his 319 at the moment. And than we will see what user users will report.

Archived