Jump to content

Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)


Aerosoft Team

Recommended Posts

  • Developer

Here's some work in progress screenshots from MSFS :)

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi I was wondering. I work at brussels airport at Jetairport Tuifly Building in the hangar. Was wondering if the hangar doors at the airport will move  open and close  Or not ?

 

kind 

regards

 

Glenn D.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Alexey969 said:

Looks great! What about pricing policy?)

 

Being discussed. It's complex with fees for the Flight Store (that's the name of the MFS build in shop) etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Being discussed. It's complex with fees for the Flight Store (that's the name of the MFS build in shop) etc.

 

Will that be the case for all addons for MFS? If so, then everything will become more expensive.

 

No option to buy direct from Aerosoft?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The terminal looks great but the ground textures look a bit blurry and low res I have noticed this with other sceneries too is that a limitation of the sim?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2020 at 6:09 AM, Jo Erlend said:

Here's some work in progress screenshots from MSFS :)

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

 

Please login to display this image.

 

I've said it many times before, and I'm sure I'll be saying it many times in the future.... Jo's work is FANTASTIC!

 

You know, there is an often overlooked benefit of buying Aerosoft products/scenery.  Today I had to download an old FSX scenery to test and provide some technical support for a customer, and I was able to do this from my account even though I bought it many, MANY years ago!  I wish all scenery developers made all purchases past and present available for easy download, and I'm very happy our company offers this!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

I've said it many times before, and I'm sure I'll be saying it many times in the future.... Jo's work is FANTASTIC!

 

You know, there is an often overlooked benefit of buying Aerosoft products/scenery.  Today I had to download an old FSX scenery to test and provide some technical support for a customer, and I was able to do this from my account even though I bought it many, MANY years ago!  I wish all scenery developers made all purchases past and present available for easy download, and I'm very happy our company offers this!

 

 

Dave, But will MFS customers be able to buy scenery directly from Aerosoft or will they have to go via Microsoft which will increase the price by a factor as yet unknown?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft

Yes, we will still have the option to sell via our own store. But logic dictates that a lot of people will select the build in store so it will drive down revenu. Not a major issue as we expect a lot more customers but we still have to discuss it in some detail.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Mathijs, that very reassuring. When you didn’t mention the option to buy direct from Aerosoft I had visions that Microsoft would be the only place to buy from.

 

I can’t see myself buying from the Microsoft store. There’s bound to be an additional charge which can be avoided by buying direct from you. If it takes a little longer to install that’s not a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft

Believe me. Microsoft is REALLY dedicated to make this an open platform. Who would have thought MFS would be available on Steam? The SDK will be free for all, everybody is free to make add-ons.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, we will still have the option to sell via our own store. But logic dictates that a lot of people will select the build in store so it will drive down revenu. Not a major issue as we expect a lot more customers but we still have to discuss it in some detail.

 

Mathijs, 

 

Just so I understand clearly: the price in the MS store and Aerosoft store will be the same, but sales through the MS store will have a commission taken by MS, am i correct?

 

So, hypothetically, if I want to want Aerosoft to get a bigger chunk of the money I pay, I should purchase through the Aerosoft store?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft

Yes, when a product is sold via the Flight Store Microsoft will get a commision.  They do a lot of the work so that is logical and correct, selling a delivering a DLC costs money. When you buy in our store we (and when applicable the developers with whome we have a contract) this sum is not paid to Microsoft.

 

I am not sure about pricing though... things are still very much being discussed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gohabsgo said:

 

Just so I understand clearly: the price in the MS store and Aerosoft store will be the same, but sales through the MS store will have a commission taken by MS, am i correct?

 

So, hypothetically, if I want to want Aerosoft to get a bigger chunk of the money I pay, I should purchase through the Aerosoft store?

 

I can't answer the first part.

 

But as for the second part, this is already the case. If you want the largest chunk of what you pay to go to the developer, buy direct.
Every link in the chain has to be paid of course, and webshops need web developers, servers, bandwidth, support staff etc... And preferably some profit as well.
An often quoted rate for the commission webshops demand/receive is 30% (SimMarket, Steam,...)
Of course, many developers are fine with this: it increases exposure and hopefully sales. (70% of something is better than 100% of nothing)
And if they go through a 3rd party exclusively, it saves them setting up a webshop, file hosting, payment processing, etc (all with the associated costs, responsibilities and liabilities) for themselves.

 

For consumers, it's a balancing act between trust (will I still have access to my downloads in a couple of years?), the convenience (and risk) of having everything in one place, and supporting their favourite developers directly...
I tend to be very inconsistent in this regard myself, sometimes buying direct, sometimes not...

 

Sorry for the off-topic post 😉 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft
23 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Mathijs, that very reassuring. When you didn’t mention the option to buy direct from Aerosoft I had visions that Microsoft would be the only place to buy from.

I can’t see myself buying from the Microsoft store. There’s bound to be an additional charge which can be avoided by buying direct from you. If it takes a little longer to install that’s not a problem.

 

I think we should compare it a lot to what Steam does. A lot of the games I play (Steel Division, Elite Dangerous etc) I can buy from the developers or on Steam. These days I prefer Steam because the system just works near perfect. We still have to see how the Flight Store works exactly but ideally it should be a near seamless process. Buy in the sim and without leaving the sim use the DLC. Of course we'll prefer you to buy from our store and will try to do the same. I think most customers know we do serious sales support. I just checked the status and we are running at 93% customer satisfaction rating on our ticket system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

I think we should compare it a lot to what Steam does. A lot of the games I play (Steel Division, Elite Dangerous etc) I can buy from the developers or on Steam. These days I prefer Steam because the system just works near perfect. We still have to see how the Flight Store works exactly but ideally it should be a near seamless process. Buy in the sim and without leaving the sim use the DLC. Of course we'll prefer you to buy from our store and will try to do the same. I think most customers know we do serious sales support. I just checked the status and we are running at 93% customer satisfaction rating on our ticket system. 

 

I've never installed Steam so I'll keep things simple and buy direct from Aerosoft. That way the developer should get a higher amount per sale than if Microsoft were to get involved.

Good point about support if you buy via Microsoft. Will there be any? If it's left to the developer he could be unindated with emails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Trevor Hannant said:

So does that mean that work is continuing on the P3D version meantime or that you're considering it being abandoned in favour of the MSFS version?

 

It will; be released for P3D V4/5 for sure. Don;t worry.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft Team changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)
  • Aerosoft Team locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use