Aerosoft Launcher

Just Fly

Hi there!

I'm a bit new to Aerosoft Launcher, having mainly bought products from Carenado that don't use it. So I have a couple of questions about it.

When I go to this page, I see you can also download "Ase-Modules for FSX". What are those? Do I need them to run aerosoft's Launcher?

By the way, do I need to install the Launcher to use new aerosoft's products, such as the Twotter? Or is it just another tool that offers an alternative way to activate the product?

Thanks in anticipation!

Just Fly.

Hi,

the Aerosoft launcher has been in use for quite some times and some products (mainly scenerys if I'm not mistaken) need it.

You do not need extra ASE modules to use the launcher. Every product that needs either ASE or the launcher will come with it in its setup and so you can easily install it if needed for the product you have bought.

Newer products such as the Twin Otter or the Airbus X A320/321 do not need either of them anymore.

Hi Emanuel,

Thanks for your answer. So I don't need the Launcher to activate the Twotter? What is the purpose of it then?

Also, you said the Twotter doesn't need those "ASE Modules". I'm OK with that, but I still don't really understand what they are...

Forgive me all those questions, I just want to be sure to understand. In fact, I've been looking at the Mega Airport Zurich addon for quite some time, and I see it needs the Launcher, so I just want to make sure I'll be aware of what I'll be doing if I buy it.

Neither launcher nor ASE modules are required to activate the Twotter as far as I know.

It is still included in all our installers though because it has some nice other functions for the users like shortcuts to the manuals and tools coming with products.

ASE modules are another way of activating products online. They are installed togeather with products needing them (like Bari X for example) and the products will not work without those modules.

Zurich will only need to be activated through the launcher. You install the addon, click the activate button in the launcher, enter your serial and then wait until the activation is done (shouldn't take longer than a minute). That's it, then your scenery will work.

None of our FS add-ons require any online activation nor do they require the launcher. If you have older installers that do include it, just download the latest installers.

Corfu X v1.11

Stuttgart X v1.02

Stavanger X v1.01

they all still need activation.

cheers

Not to forget German Airfields 11 1.03 shows up green in my Aerosoft launcher as well. But it never hurts to check since it appears I've missed an update too. I still got Weeze 1.00 installed while I just noticed 1.01 is out. Weeze 1.00 still requires activation as it shows up green here as well, I don't know about 1.01.

I'll have that checked this week because I was told all of the online activation was removed.

I hate to add more work to your already full plate Mathijs, but La Paz also requires activation via the launcher. Using V1.00 downloaded this morning.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think there might be a difference between the online activiation via the old (removed) ASE mdule and the Launcher.

None of our FS add-ons require any online activation nor do they require the launcher. If you have older installers that do include it, just download the latest installers.

Hi Mathijs,

what about the DVD version of Anchorage X? It needed Activation, when I reinstalled it yesterday.

And for EgelsbachX and GAF11 (downloaded versions) I just have to download the two ones from my account again? Because there is no "launcher-free" update

Grüße, Stephan

Gesendet vom Handy....

Hi Mathijs,

what about the DVD version of Anchorage X? It needed Activation, when I reinstalled it yesterday.

And for EgelsbachX and GAF11 (downloaded versions) I just have to download the two ones from my account again? Because there is no "launcher-free" update

Grüße, Stephan

Gesendet vom Handy....

some addons still require the Launcher (we plan to remove it step by step) but no of the addons require the ASE Module anymore.

Fabian

• 4 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

When everybody is back from vacation and the gamescom we'll make a schedule to remove these last online activations. We see problems in about 0.5% of sales for this (and almost always solved very easy) so it does not have great priority.

• 2 weeks later...

Mathijs,

I bought some stuff, several US cities, and installed them this weekend. Some asked about installing the launcher, which I declined, but one of them clearly just installed one anyhow. Don't know which one. For whatever reason, I now had a launcher 1.0.0.5 while 1.2.0.0 is the current version.

Upon starting FSX I first noticed my main starting field Andras Field was not present. Starting a load of FSX resulted in a CTD or missing (aerosoft) scenery. It scared the shite our of me! Reinstalling the latest launcher fixed my problem instantly, but only after carefyully retracing my steps.

In short: it seems that the registry is pointing to the old version if it is installed later than the newer one.

Now, this may not have great priority for you , but it seems you did only one of two things: remove the online activation, but neglect to adapt certain installers that automatically install the older launcher over the newer versions if already installed.

Hope this helps in solving the issue.

Archived