Skiathos X Autogen-Problem

denki_13

Hello everyone,

I've a Problem with Skiathos X.
I really love the Scenery, but i'm missing nearly all Autogen Objects (Buildings, Trees, ...) on the Island.
Around the Airport and on a small Island within the Scenery all looks normal, but the Island itself (the City and the mountains) didn't have any Autogen Objects only on a few places.

I've also sent 29Palms my Autogen files like i've read it in this Forum, but nothing changed :/

I hope someone can help me.

Greets

I was just about to post exactly the same problem. It was OK on installation but after booting up again for a flight, virtually all the autogen and trees have disappeared, even with autogen set on very dense.

Hi,
The problem for me is just that!
I purchased, I works like any other scenery ...
Something is not perfect, if we have more people experience this problem ...
But I do not really find answers from the manufacturers ... the last couple of days it's no longer "unique" error ...
The same problem would ask on behalf of those with some information ...
Getting some solution?
I really want to use this fantastically beautiful island airport ... but "incomplete" ...
Thank you, Peter

Guys, there is another thread relating to this issue. It seems that it's related to Orbx scenery and the use of FTX central...

EDIT:

OK, I've just run a test and I am pleased to say that to ensure this issue does not arise it is necessary to:-

1) Install Skiathos with FTX central set to default

2) Ensure at all times that FTX central is set to default before flying outside of an Orbx scenery area

This has been my expereince and look forward to some other feedback...

I found an backup of my default.xml and used that, installed scenery again, and it's all there, autogen now.

I remember i edited my xml file some time ago, regards header, to make reading\run faster, i cannot exactly remember, maybe that editing does the bad thing here?

The default.xml handle much autogen like Trees, Fuelstation, Stadiums etc. I think the fault was here, most people edit this xml to reduce special Buildings like i wrote above, to get mor FPS...

Did you try to run the installation as administrator, otherwise it doesn't make an entry in your default.xml. I had the same problem with Santorini X. Because of its customized autogen the setup needs to make an entry in the default.xml.

Right mouseclick on the setup.exe and run as Admin. Some people deactivate default.xml with the Flusifix tool for more FPS. In that case autogen doesn't work too.

In most of the cases (zipped autogen folders) that landed in my support e-mail account, another scenery had already corrupted the default.xml making it impossible for the installer to write the necessary lines.

Another problem are compatibility issues with other add-ons that use custom vegetation autogen such as Earth Simulation, FlyTampa Grenadines or ORBX. There's a utility provided by EarthSimulations called "MergES" that merges multiple autogen files, making it possible to use FTX regions, FranceVFR, Skiathos etc. all at once.

I already contacted JV (ORBX CEO) and sent him our autogen files. They will be included in the next update of FTX Central making it possible to use FTX Europe and Skiathos at the same time.

However, I just tried to merge the files of one customer using MergES without success...

Why in the world didn't the ACES team implement one simple utility or the possibility to use multiple descriptions at once? No need for FTX Central nor messing around with dozens of add-ons producing several compatibility issues...

This is great news. I have too many ORBX regions and airports and I want them to work with any new add-on airports.

Where can I get MergES for testing?

Please read the other thread I just opened first, there's a bug within MergES which will most likely make it fail to merge your files. If you want to try it anyway go visit the Earth Simulations website (earthsimulations.com) and download "ESI".

• Deputy Sheriffs

already contacted JV (ORBX CEO) and sent him our autogen files. They will be included in the next update of FTX Central making it possible to use FTX Europe and Skiathos at the same time.

Thanks, Lars. But does this mean that from now on Orbx will need to update their FTX Central with each scenery that you (29Palms) develop?

Yes indeed, unless they change the file management completely with the upcoming release of FTX Global but I'm not sure about that.

I hope that we can release a patch within the next days that make it possible to use Skiathos and Mykonos along with FTX Europe - already a big step forward :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

'Aerosoft Santorini X' also makes changes to the 'default.xml'.

I understand that you are not the developer of Santorini, but it would be terrific if you could solve the problem for all Aerosoft products. ;)

Hi,
I have not installed any ORBX scenery.
Installed in Santorini, Mykonos, Skiathos
The autogen problem is still there for me ...
(installed as administrator ...)
Tomorrow I send zip for FSX / Autogen folder, as Lars 'request' ...:
support@twentynine-palms.de
I look forward to a solution (like everyone) ...
Peter

In most of the cases (zipped autogen folders) that landed in my support e-mail account, another scenery had already corrupted the default.xml making it impossible for the installer to write the necessary lines.

Another problem are compatibility issues with other add-ons that use custom vegetation autogen such as Earth Simulation, FlyTampa Grenadines or ORBX. There's a utility provided by EarthSimulations called "MergES" that merges multiple autogen files, making it possible to use FTX regions, FranceVFR, Skiathos etc. all at once.

I already contacted JV (ORBX CEO) and sent him our autogen files. They will be included in the next update of FTX Central making it possible to use FTX Europe and Skiathos at the same time.

However, I just tried to merge the files of one customer using MergES without success...

Why in the world didn't the ACES team implement one simple utility or the possibility to use multiple descriptions at once? No need for FTX Central nor messing around with dozens of add-ons producing several compatibility issues...

Lars, this is excellent news. It would be great if indeed a way is found to have all these things working together in harmony. The idea suggested of saving flight, restarting FSX with FTX off after leaving the UK, then restarting the saved flight is simply absurd...

Thanks for keeping the customers informed :)

A

• 2 weeks later...

I also dont have autogen on skiathos. and i dont have ftx. It looks like the installer doesnt do anything with the default.xml. It is the same size as the default.xml before skaithos.

Do you by any chance have the default.xml file disabled in FSX? This is a common tweak to save framerates, but it will lead to you loosing the autogen on some scenerys.

Archived