Increase Display Size

kavin86

Hi,i would like to buy the Airbus X Extended but i see in a lot of youtube videos that Ecam, PFD, ND displays are very little, is possible to resize them?

Best regards

Federico

Hi,i would like to buy the Airbus X Extended but i see in a lot of youtube videos that Ecam, PFD, ND displays are very little, is possible to resize them?

Best regards

Federico

Pop-up windows are not available.

But you can save your dimension.

Otherwise:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/61291-airbus-x-extended-suggestions-for-sp1/page-2#entry457265

Best regards

Federico

There are '2D clone views' available via 4 hotkeys (F9 - F12):

They give you pre-defined enlarged views of

1) glareshield (incl. PFD and ND and upper ECAM)

2) lower ECAM

3) right MCDU

4) overhead

I'm a 2D dinosaur, but these views work perfectly for me, both in functions and in size.

Have a look at the published step-by-step-guide: The views are explained there, too:

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!0,,12065 (link at bottom of product page)

I'm confused, for 3d View is not possible to increse letter size? It's very little, in 3d view i can't read altitude, Engine parameters, i don't need a pop up only increase letter size to read N1, N2 altitude, speed etc. is possible to modify panel.cfg to do this?

I'm confused, for 3d View is not possible to increse letter size? It's very little, in 3d view i can't read altitude, Engine parameters, i don't need a pop up only increase letter size to read N1, N2 altitude, speed etc. is possible to modify panel.cfg to do this?

Sorry no. You cant resize the gauges in the VC. Those dimensions are fixed and are not to be touched.

Hello kavin86

Are you using a particularly small monitor? As no one else has mentioned difficulties of this nature it would seem they are specific to your situation...

Regards

Dave W :comp1_s:

• 2 weeks later...

No, is not a little monitor 19", but i think the font is very small, the N1, EGT image is small, for example the Wilco is more big!!Is possible to change the size font?

I am not sure if this helps but I like to be able to zoom in on gauges etc, to help me read them (due to failing eyesight!) and I altered the "cameradefinition" lines in the aircraft.cfg files to allow zoom.

ie where it says "allow zoom=no", or "false" I changed it to "allow zoom=yes" or "true".

This lets me press the spacebar and then zoom in on whichever part of the VC I want a close up of by turning the mouse wheel.

Works a treat for me and makes such a difference being able to read the gauges and switch labels.

Track IR also alows you to zoom in by moving your head nearer the screen but can be a bit awkward.

Don't alter your cfg files without making a backup first of course

Yes i know for the track IR, but i think is not the solution, pilot in the cockpit can read all without any problem, they don't need to move head near the ECAM to see. I would like to see without any zoom. It is very simple, aerosoft need to increase font size.

Yes i know for the track IR, but i think is not the solution, pilot in the cockpit can read all without any problem, they don't need to move head near the ECAM to see. I would like to see without any zoom. It is very simple, aerosoft need to increase font size.

Right. You realise your 19 inch monitors scale down the real displays in the cockpit by at least 4 times?

Why with Wilco Airbus you can read all without any problem? I think It's possible to make a readable dispaly, other aircraf like Maddog, PMDG 737 have a readable displays. Only this aircraft have a little font size.

I fully agree with Patrick. If you compare our displays to the real world ones I even think ours are a little bit to big, don't you think so? Making them even bigger would make it really inrealistic. The font size on the Wilco bus was always one of the things I really disliked about it comparing it to the real world one!

Yes is realisting, but is a game not real, this aircraft is fantastic i think the best one and i don't like only font size because is uncomfortable to zoom in every time that i need to read engine parameters!!Only that!!

Maybe a bit off topic, but i agree with kavin86, PFD and ND is allmost impossible to read with out zooming.

I would prefer a 2D view offset more to the right. Essentail parts of the FCU is not selectable without changing view. In stead of full access to FCU, I have PFD/ND dimming knobs available, knobs that I only use once each flight.

Wishlist: Full PFD/ND/ECAM/ FCU wiew, instead of dimming knobs

I would prefer a 2D view offset more to the right. Essentail parts of the FCU is not selectable without changing view. Instead of full access to FCU, I have PFD/ND dimming knobs available, knobs that I only use once each flight.

Wishlist: Full PFD/ND/ECAM/ FCU wiew, instead of dimming knobs

Use GlareShield Main Panel for that view you want. Again, if you cant view the words, its not our fault either.

Wishlist: Customers get a bigger monitor instead of asking for bigger unrealistic font size.

Yes is realisting, but is a game not real, this aircraft is fantastic i think the best one and i don't like only font size because is uncomfortable to zoom in every time that i need to read engine parameters!!Only that!!

Look, your monitor is small, you cant read it, don't blame it on us. The displays font sizes are identical to the real thing. Complaining that you cant view it because you choose to use a small monitor is absurd. Bear in mind that in the real world your whole airbus panel is not squeezed into your 19 inch monitor.

A 2nd monitor (22`) is about 100 Euros (incl. VAT). And a second monitor is very recommendable, regarding the windows your addons have to interface with them (weather, ATC and the like).

I can read all the AAX values from the F9 clone view on a 22´ monitor.

Use GlareShield Main Panel for that view you want. Again, if you cant view the words, its not our fault either.

Wishlist: Customers get a bigger monitor instead of asking for bigger unrealistic font size.

Look, your monitor is small, you cant read it, don't blame it on us. The displays font sizes are identical to the real thing. Complaining that you cant view it because you choose to use a small monitor is absurd. Bear in mind that in the real world your whole airbus panel is not squeezed into your 19 inch monitor.

Sorry - it was just a suggestion. But I really don't like your attitude.

This is a support forum for customers, please give your customers some respect.

Sollution: Bying an additional monitor and a new graphic card (dual monitor output). Holy guacamole...

Wishlist: Customer support.

Sollution: Bying an additional monitor and a new graphic card (dual monitor output). Holy guacamole...

It was just tongue in cheek, not meant to be rude. Sorry if you are offended.

It's obvious from your posts, you haven't bothered much with reading the manuals, learning the AAX view system in particular. Still Joshua gives you the central piece of advice you need, instead of just pointing you towards the documents.

Show some respect to the developers and beta-testers by reading the fu... fabulous manuals.

Keep it up, Joshua!!!

In my 20' monitor I can read everything with a bit of zoom, of course my graphic card helps.

F9 view is nice to take-off and landing as you can read all.

It's my opinion.

Size and font letter are good.

It's obvious from your posts, you haven't bothered much with reading the manuals, learning the AAX view system in particular. Still Joshua gives you the central piece of advice you need, instead of just pointing you towards the documents.

Show some respect to the developers and beta-testers by reading the fu... fabulous manuals.

Keep it up, Joshua!!!

Hi olli, thanks for reply, are you a developer, beta-tester or releated to aerosoft in any other way?

Brgds

Archived