Increase Display Size

kavin86

Hi olli, thanks for reply, are you a developer, beta-tester or releated to aerosoft in any other way?

Brgds

I'm definitely related to Aerosoft ... as a customer. :P My attitude may differ from yours: I've read the manuals, so I don't demand getting spoonfed by the developers, lol!

This is the glareshield main panel view, a number of people in this thread have been talking of (Joshua, Mathijs, Chirag, myself ...). It's a pre-defined view that can be activated via key F9. This is described in the manuals. It gives you full view of PFD - ND - FCU - upper ECAM.

Additionally, I added a panel.cfg tweak from the AAX tweak forum section, to showcase that 2D popups are possible. These can be undocked, dragged and resized to anybody's liking. The example in the lower left corner is the S/D I like to keep an eye on during my AAX preflight. Guess which rude, impolite and offensive 'dev' directed me to those topics?!?

Spoonfeeding is over now ... :rolleyes:

I'm definitely related to Aerosoft ... as a customer. :P My attitude may differ from yours: I've read the manuals, so I don't demand getting spoonfed by the developers, lol!

This is the glareshield main panel view, a number of people in this thread have been talking of (Joshua, Mathijs, Chirag, myself ...). It's a pre-defined view that can be activated via key F9. This is described in the manuals. It gives you full view of PFD - ND - FCU - upper ECAM.

Additionally, I added a panel.cfg tweak from the AAX tweak forum section, to showcase that 2D popups are possible. These can be undocked, dragged and resized to anybody's liking. The example in the lower left corner is the S/D I like to keep an eye on during my AAX preflight. Guess which rude, impolite and offensive 'dev' directed me to those topics?!?

Spoonfeeding is over now ... :rolleyes:

Olli, thanks for reply, I just saved +100 Euros. Amazing...

It was just tongue in cheek, not meant to be rude. Sorry if you are offended.

Hi Joshua, AAX is a great flight sim, actually the best - but I am really missing a take off/approach/landing view with a clear data presentation.

I use the GlareShield Main Panel view, but I have to zoom in one 'click' for a better view.

PFD/ND/ECAM/FCU data are critical during these phases, not a PFD/ND dimming knob...

Brgds from a humble customer.

Still though I don't realize why can't Aerosoft just make 2D panels like PFD, ND, etc available to pop-out.
It doesn't require a lot of work, it's not gonna affect anything in any way, and more users will be satisfied (including me).
I don't find it convenient to make new 3D views and resize/move them, because I have to do that every time I open FSX, it impacts performance A LOT more than 2D panels, especially on low-end PCs, and I just want to use this to move the upper&lower ECAM on my other monitor so I can have all of the displays showing at all times without having to ridiculously zoom out.

I realize that, but I hope you understand my concern since they are not official but third party... :P

and that is exactly the point. We dont wish to add things that we cannot support 100% or are not sure it will work 100%. The 2D MCDU different issues related to screen sizes are the perfect example why I or the other developers for the matter refuse to support it natively.

I realize that, but I hope you understand my concern since they are not official but third party... :P

It's because of your concern that you have to wait for your wx radar and TERR ON ND until v1.2, while I've got mine since v1.04 ... :D

Honestly, the 2D panel tweaks don't include suspicious 3rd party file downloads. It's plain text you basically copy into your AAX panel.cfg. You can see clearly from the lines that the commands simply call native AAX gauges to be displayed in a separate 2D window.

and that is exactly the point. We dont wish to add things that we cannot support 100% or are not sure it will work 100%. The 2D MCDU different issues related to screen sizes are the perfect example why I or the other developers for the matter refuse to support it natively.

You're right.

In my opinion let they work in another things like more important bugs to they can start work at A318/9 (maybe they started :P).

If the 2D pop-ups can be added, nice (honestly I'd like to see 2D pop-ups too)! If can't I can handle without it :)

There is a alternative, Oli posted above.

What? I have AS2012 weather radar too! Not integrated in the ND; but :glare_s: I don't believe yours is either :D

Anyway, I wasn't thinking that there's a malware, just maybe it will corrupt other things in the Airbus X and force me to reinstall it (does it? :P).
And by the way, is there a tweak for the 2D upper/lower ECAM as well?

What? I have AS2012 weather radar too! Not integrated in the ND; but :glare_s: I don't believe yours is either :D

You're right: These are separate windows for me. On a 2nd monitor for convenience.

Anyway, I wasn't thinking that there's a malware, just maybe it will corrupt other things in the Airbus X and force me to reinstall it (does it? :P).

I tweaked only one panel.cfg (I think we have six different AAX models with individual *.CFGs). You can backup the original *.cfg before fiddling with a copy of it.

And by the way, is there a tweak for the 2D upper/lower ECAM as well?

The tweak includes PFD - ND - upper ECAM - S/D. I picked just the lower ECAM and ignored the other three.

You're right.

In my opinion let they work in another things like more important bugs to they can start work at A318/9 (maybe they started :P).

(..)

Agreed: More than native 2D views or dimmable displays I'd like to see

- a separate ILS receiver :mallet_s:

- wind forecast entries and valid fuel predictions :boohoo_s:

- calculated Vapp :hi2_s:

- VOR autotuning :banghead1_s:

- TCAS RA's on PFD :flame_s:

- (tbc) :goodluck_s:

And, of course, my favourite A318. Thank you, Chirag, for including it in your request of an A319! :cheers_s:

I'd also love REC MAX, NO DH, automatic PROG page updating, UTC constraints, IRS monitor (DATA page), SEC F-PLAN support and engine & APU fire tests smiley-rolleyes007.gif And of course everything you mentioned...

I get it though, it's a lot of work and the ratio time spent/value is rather big.

Archived