Web interface - strange refreshing problem

Zgredd

Same temporary blackout. FSX computer is Win7-64. Input pad is an Android Device using several different browsers. It appears from the variety shown on this forum the problem lies within the MCDU input coding. Too slow to be useful. I have begun to load the flight plan into my Android and input into the FSX MCDU.

Now it will be best when and if the AEX can take a flightplan from FS Build or some other planner.

What OS for FSX?

Ok, my FSX running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit (Italian). It's a dedicated PC, no other applications installed, like office or other games. only FSX and addons. The webserver for MCDU is run in administrator mode and the windows firewall and antivirus are both off.

Run the MCDU web interface on the same PC using firefox (last version) or chrome, and I've this issue.

Regarding the IPAD, it's connected to the same local network (PC have it's own statical IP address 192.168.1.4), accessing via Wi-FI. My IPAD it's a 3rd generation and using safari default web browser.

Same issue on ipad too.

I hope this informations can help you.

I can make a video of this issue so you can better understand what happened.

Regards.

Same here. Win 8. FSX SP 1 & 2. Latest version with patches using an ipad mini with default browser. No antivirus except bog standard windows. Blanking upper screen with reluctant keypad entry.

I thought this behaviour (reloading the upper screen) is like its supposed to be? Of course this makes it rather slow, cause the client has to reload that picture on the top over and over again. So slow in fact its not useable on my Android 4.0 mobile running Dolphin browser. FSX Accerleration runs on Windows7 64bit.

I tried switching to the small version to make it load faster, but this doesnt work, because the data shown seems to be bigger then the frame its shown in. That means entries on the right and the last two lines are not visible.

If this is NOT the standard behaviour, could someone upload a video,please?

same here (win7, 64 and Ipad3) plus no reaction after pressing keys on the Ipad. Looks like a oneway communication.

All started as administrator, first sim, then flight then connect. Maybe an internal "security barrrier" of win7?

same here (win7, 64 and Ipad3) plus no reaction after pressing keys on the Ipad. Looks like a oneway communication.

All started as administrator, first sim, then flight then connect. Maybe an internal "security barrrier" of win7?

Might want to check the OS firewall and any other firewall you might have up like Virus Killers and there associated firewalls and even your router.

Hmm... Save weird problem...

Running Windows 7 x64 SP1 (Build 7601)

Flight Simulator X + Acceleration expansion.

Have tried both with Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials OFF and ON - with same results.

Have also tried the loopback address to see, if it was an issue with my tablet - however there wasn't any difference. However when running on local machine (using localhost) the browser cuts the MCDU in half. I'm using Google Chrome browser Version 24.0.1312.52 m

I have attached some screenshots I made trying to show the problem...

The first one, is how the MCDU is shown using localhost (127.0.0.1:4040). The MCDU is oddly cut in half.

The second is what happens if I want to view the full MCDU - by simply just zooming out in the browser.

The third and fourth is what happens when pushing a key on the MCDU. The upper part of the MCDU disappears/refreshes for about 1-2 seconds and then re-appear with the key in the scratchpad.

post-31710-0-77048500-1358673588_thumb.j

post-31710-0-79272000-1358673593_thumb.j

post-31710-0-98976600-1358673597_thumb.j

post-31710-0-83410900-1358673602_thumb.j

Same issue here: zooming back on the tablet after each touch

The tablet is: google nexus 7 android 4.2 (with chrome browser)

FSX PC OS: Win 7 64 bit

Might want to check the OS firewall and any other firewall you might have up like Virus Killers and there associated firewalls and even your router.

I don't know, many people try to connect to web interface using localhost, so firewall and router settings should be bypassed.

Can you post a video of webinterface running smoothly in yours systems, where do you didn't have this problem?

I had the same problem (black upper half of MCDU after each button press for exactly one second). I did some research on the web server exe and found out that it loads a black frame which just is instructed to refresh the upper half of the MCDU exactly after one second. So, the behavior I see here is technically correct, but I didn't want to have the MCDU going black for a second on each button press.

I changed the MCDU web server to use javascript for the refreshing. Since then, I have no black MCDU any more. :-) The MCDU still behaves very slowly, but that is mostly due to the way the screen is transfered from FSX to my iPad: FSX regularly saves a png into my documents folder and the iPad asynchronously loads that via the web server. More than that, when the png is replaced by FSX and the ipad is requesting the png exactly at that time, an image-load-error appears instead of the MCDU screen. So, I implemented some javascript code as well to immediately try a reload on error.

• Aerosoft

I had the same problem (black upper half of MCDU after each button press for exactly one second). I did some research on the web server exe and found out that it loads a black frame which just is instructed to refresh the upper half of the MCDU exactly after one second. So, the behavior I see here is technically correct, but I didn't want to have the MCDU going black for a second on each button press.

I changed the MCDU web server to use javascript for the refreshing. Since then, I have no black MCDU any more. :-) The MCDU still behaves very slowly, but that is mostly due to the way the screen is transfered from FSX to my iPad: FSX regularly saves a png into my documents folder and the iPad asynchronously loads that via the web server. More than that, when the png is replaced by FSX and the ipad is requesting the png exactly at that time, an image-load-error appears instead of the MCDU screen. So, I implemented some javascript code as well to immediately try a reload on error.

I am seriously interested in that solution, feel free to share it here on the forum.

Great! Please let us know, if you find a good solution for that. And obviously, thank you for your time.

I am seriously interested in that solution, feel free to share it here on the forum.

Thank you for the permission to publish this here, Mathijs.

You can find the solution here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1868-web-server-mod-for-airbus-x-connect-extended/

Here is the description of the download:

This mod of the "Airbus X Connect Extended" application is addressing an issue that some people experienced where the MCDU screen in their browser gets blank for a second after each button press. This mod provides a new "Airbus X Connect Extended" application which uses Javascript for the refreshing to overcome this problem. It is based on v1.04 of the Airbus X Extended.

Please see Readme file inside the ZIP for installation instructions and usage. It is important to place the exe file at the correct location. Please do not overwrite your existing files there!

WARNING: This mod is ONLY tested on an iPad4 with Safari web browser and PC with Firefox. Please consider the solution ALPHA state. It may or may not work with your setup. It is fine on my system (Win 7 64 bit and iPad).

Note that I am not working at Aerosoft and did this mod on my own. This is not an official release from Aerosoft! Feel free to test it and give me feedback if it works for you.

Archived