RTWC Off Topic Chat

Matt_Smith

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how anybody else apart from the two pilots found out?

I mean, its not somthing to brag about is it....Talk about putting your job on the line! :wacko:

But think about the good side of it. Both pilots were extremely refreshed for landing - and that´s the dangerous part, so hey.... perhaps they deserve a medal. laugh.gif

Perhaps it should be standard practice... I can see the cockpit door with a "Do not disturb - Pilots are "recharging" for landing" sign on it - and a picture of two pilots hanging in the seatbelts - fast asleep, drooling and all... biggrin.gif

lool, ill adopt that procedure during some of the long hual's of the RTWC in that case....ill need all the help i can get trying to get a good score! :lol:

So, at 300 kts we'll cover 5nm a minuite, the distance is 400nm so top of dece...-_- -_- -_- -_- ZZZZzzzz :D

went out and bought a new... Logitech Extreme 3D Pro today...

The previous one lasted me almost 6 years, so I hope this one does it just as good, if not longer :D

now I can finally get flying!

Hopefully I dont know where Zavvi ship fdrom though. Im hoping it will be first class mail - which if they are UK mainland should be delivered tomorrow. But I have a feeling they are in the Channel Islands? Which would be wednesday, then a huge mad rush to reinstall everything and test. Cant really see me being able to fly this coming weekend either :(

Congrats. My new compy of FSX has been shipped today, estimatede 2 - 5 days to get to me :o

That's why I went to get a new stick from a shop... I could get one via the Internet for 8 or 10 euros less,

but it would take time to be shipped, and more importantly for hardware: now I have a face I can go complain to if something goes wrong.

That's why I went to get a new stick from a shop... I could get one via the Internet for 8 or 10 euros less,

but it would take time to be shipped, and more importantly for hardware: now I have a face I can go complain to if something goes wrong.

Lars.

Why didnt you just buy a download version? laugh.gif

Yes true. But I'm in work for roughly 50 hours this week. Any shop that may have a copy would be closed before I could even get there, which really left me with very little choice. If I was to use a shop in the city it would be Saturday before I could get there. Then Ive got to recon for a good 10 hours installing FSX testing configuring and the likes.

Hopefully I dont know where Zavvi ship fdrom though. Im hoping it will be first class mail - which if they are UK mainland should be delivered tomorrow. But I have a feeling they are in the Channel Islands? Which would be wednesday, then a huge mad rush to reinstall everything and test. Cant really see me being able to fly this coming weekend either :(

Dont know if this actually means there warehouse or just head office but i found this

© 2011 zavvi.com - The Hut Group Ltd., Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire, UK, CW9 7RA

Fingers crossed Matt :)

So, I was thinking while at work (usually thinking about anything other than work). We should have a Round the World beer list. Think of it as an ultimate list of hte worlds very best beers. We all put our suggestions in and then all choose the best from the list for each country

Germany: Kölsch

France: 1664

Great Britian: Spitfire (It can only be this one)

Luxembourg: Mousel Gezwiecklete Bier

Norwary: Bokkøl

Denmark (Faro Islands): Fur Julebryg

Iceland: Móri

Greenland: Greenland Ice Cap Beer

Canada: La Fin du Monde

USA: Red Rocket Pale Ale

Matt,

I have to tell you that Kölsch is not regarded as propper beer in most parts of Germany. It is very specific for the Cologne region. If you order it in Berlin (after your flight to Tegel) things may get very unpleasant for you. ;):D

Kolsch isnt strickly a german beer, as it is brewed in chicago, and france.(The word Kölsch comes from the German name for Cologne - Köln)

Hmmm...why does it feel like im walking on thin ice here :lol:

and for the record, i like budweiser, and no its not a namby pamby beer ok, its the King of Beers :P ...its says so on the tin.