RTWC Off Topic Chat

Matt_Smith

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F***ing crashed 10 mins from Olry :angry:

Maybe try the flight again tomorrow

I have never heard of Olry airport, but it sounds French...

You crashed? Do you mean your aircraft crashed? or FSFS/FSX crashed?

If your Aircraft crashed - then Im sorry, but no reflight then, a crash means a double zero score. One try pr. flight remember? unless technical problems, that has nothing to do with the flight...laugh.gif

No FSX/FSFS/FSUIPC caused a system lockup. Strange how Ive never suffered any problems with my rig untill I introduce a combination of FSFS and FSUIPC

OK - reflight in order.....

It IS strange. I have never ever experienced any problems with FSFS/FSX/FS9/XPlane/FSUIPC AT all.

My god, I'm beint BATTERED throughout Iceland!!! Really foul weather! :blink::wacko:

Miss Aviatrix has lost her stomach about 3x per flight! Damn her...

had the same thing... lot's and lot's of turbulence... Mr Smith kept his cool though... most of the times

Mr. Smith stayed pretty cool for me... at least till it came time to land dry.gif "You're coming into fast", "Line up with the runway", "Line up with center line", "You're too low" , "You're too high", "Whoa easy those turns!", "Watch those G forces!", Me: "Excuse me Mr. Smith, did you care to check the weather?"

And on the flight from CYYR I almost booked a flight to CYHR instead of CYHZ laugh.gif

Hi,

just like to announce that I did my one time only aircraft switch thing and changed from the Learjet to the Citation Mustang :)

Lets hope I get allong better with the Citation than with the Lear.

Hi,

just like to announce that I did my one time only aircraft switch thing and changed from the Learjet to the Citation Mustang :)

Lets hope I get allong better with the Citation than with the Lear.

Good luck on the change Manuel. I hope it works out better for you. Why did you not like the Lear? I think that´s a nice little jet....I have spent countless hours in it - couple of years back... But the Mustang is also a fine aircraft though, so off you go.laugh.gif

Mr Smith doesnt like London Cities 5.5 degree approach :lol: I cant imagine why he wouldnt like a tactial approach :blink:

True about the London approach. I have stated somewhere in here, how you can MAKE him - no heck - FORCE him, to like it though. Takes a little nerdy change of a .ini file but it CAN be done, until my idea of a button in the FSFS program will emerge and make it a simple click-click-click and you have a new GS.

AND - by the way folks.

If you have any ideas for things that could be incorporated into FSFS, then please post them.... A lot of the things have been implemented, via user-wishes, so don´t be shy, you might have a brilliant idea.

All my ideas are brilliant :lol: You know what I'd really like in FSFS......

The intructor able to rate us of emergency procedures and most definately aerobatics :D

Emergency procedures:

PFL's

Asymetric flight in twins

Stalls - in all configurations of flight

Go Arounds

Aerobatics:

Instruction on flying basic manouvers eg barrel roll, chandell's, lazy 8's and other 8's. Now how awesome would it be to have your aerobatic flights rated?

If you want to get Mr Smith to like tactical approaches? Introduce a bit of 2x4 to the back of his head :lol:

Having Mr. Smith be more aware of the weather and actually taking into account instead of just saying what it is; basically instead of saying "Whoa watch those turns" when there's a 96knot wind off the Starboard with turbulence and vis under a half a mile. And instead actually giving some grace due to the conditions. Since most of my score dockings have been weather related rather than due to poor airman's ship.

And in later news...

Having Mr. Smith be more aware of the weather and actually taking into account instead of just saying what it is; basically instead of saying "Whoa watch those turns" when there's a 96knot wind off the Starboard with turbulence and vis under a half a mile. And instead actually giving some grace due to the conditions.

And in later news...

Ha ha Paul... Mr. Smith and his associates are hired to watch how you fly - not to give you easy points for sidestepping... laugh.gif

No Sorry - I see what you mean. It´s actually a very good point for a new feature. Taking the winds/weather into consideration during the flight, and giving you merit for coping with it.... Very good idea indeed. Thanks Paul.wink.gif

And here's another one:

[Physical] Flight Control conifg options; basically are you flying with

• Arrow Keys
  • Joy Stick with no twist action
  • Joy Stick with twist action
  • Joy Stick and Rudder Pedals
  • Yoke
  • Yoke with Rudder Pedals

And giving a different amount of grace per config, since doing a coordinated turn with a twisty stick can be pretty ridiculous (and at the same time staying with in bank angle limits and not getting over excessive Vspeeds and not yanking the plane around with the rudder.)

It should also award you more pointage for doing NDB approaches, which are a lot more complex than ILS

A visual approach will give you more points than an ILS approach - if conducted correctly of course - as the ILS is easier...

And here's another one:

[Physical] Flight Control conifg options; basically are you flying with

• Arrow Keys
  • Joy Stick with no twist action
  • Joy Stick with twist action
  • Joy Stick and Rudder Pedals
  • Yoke
  • Yoke with Rudder Pedals

And giving a different amount of grace per config, since doing a coordinated turn with a twisty stick can be pretty ridiculous (and at the same time staying with in bank angle limits and not getting over excessive Vspeeds and not yanking the plane around with the rudder.)

Smith dosen´t care what you fly with - just that you fly proper. I think it should be left at that. wink.gif

A visual approach will give you more points than an ILS approach - if conducted correctly of course - as the ILS is easier...

And that is why I always fly the visual, with FSFS told not to auto tune for ILS's

So what shall I do today? it's easter Sunday, it's a holiday.. I know, fly the DC-3 from Iceland to Greenland and consume chocolate eggs and coffee en-route! Sorted! :D

Sounds like a plan to me.

I´ll fly Bern-Nice though ohmy.gif

Thats my plan too, see if I can actually fly EAFS to Orly Problem free :lol: No easter eggs here though, although I have a big hangover and lots of tea :P Happy Easter everyone