Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Lets start on it... (because I got a question about that and because I got nothing new on the Bus today). Why decides what a contaminated runway is? I ask because last winter I was riding shotgun in a MD80 and the captain and his 12 year old copilot (well he seemed that young) had an argument on that. What's 'standing water' etc? Is that something the airport decides of is it up to size of the cojones of the captain? I could not ask in that occasion because the captain did not like me in the cockpit (the airline arranged that) and he told me to sit there, sit still, not to touch anything and to be silent. Did not even get coffee.

The captain only assess a situation and make a decision based on what he is given by ATC e.g: "Condition report of runway: wet". "Condition report of runway: contaminated" You do get worried when I tell you I never experience a contaminated runway so to speak as if it doesn't exist (but it does and it is a serious topic). (hence my earlier post about procedures). If you open your flight manual (and that applies to all manual), you will find that a runway is considered wet when the depth of water on is less than 3 mm, If the depth is greater than 3 mm the runway comes into category "slippery" or "contaminated". These differences in depths obviously affect the actual landing distance.

An aircraft requires 40 percent more runway to stop on a wet runway. On a contaminated runway the figure increases by 300 percent. Thus, if an aircraft requires 6,000 feet of runway for a landing on dry runways, it would require 8,400 feet on a wet runway, and more than 18,000 feet of runway if the conditions are contaminated. When a pilot receives an ATC report that says the runway is wet, he assumes that the depth of water is less than 3 mm and that a 40 percent addition to the landing distance will make for a safe landing. In reality, the actual depth of water on a runway can be as much as 3 inches e.g. during a heavy downpour. This would bring it into contaminated category.

So again, not something the flight crew is able to go and check for themselves I am afraid. Some pilots on this forum might be able to add to that or else. I am not sure I answered your question Mathijs.

Regards

D

• Upvote 2

There sure have been a lot of trolls coming out of the woodwork the past week or so.

I also think it's funny how so many people are so much smarter than Aerosoft and just whine about different aspects of a release. Bottom line is you don't have to buy it if you don't want to. You trolls could also start your own company and make an Airbus yourselves? If you were smart enough that is. laugh.gif Quit being so demanding and disrespectful and enjoy FS like you're suppose too. If you are so hardcore, maybe get that commercial license so you can be super duper real..tongue.gif

• Upvote 5

Does this have Wing flex?

Also does it have SIDS and STARS?

'Only kidding guys, just taking the pi$ - cant wait for this bird'

No one respond!

I may have missed this but do the windshield wipers actually clear the rain off the VC windows? (If that's even possible? I feel like i've seen it before with the CS 757. maybe not?)

It's funny to see that more or less every day a new poster turns up saying bad things about this airbus, Kirk being the latest....not counting themose of course.

Well, I've been toying with this thing for a while now, and while I have absolutely no idea what sid's, MRCO's, IGH's and LRF are, or any of the other acronyms I see zapping past, and I have never before flown any airliner in the sim longer than 10 minutes (cigars with wings), this thing grew on me, and it was fun to paint...well sometimes a bit less so.

It will come out in a few days, with 6 paintschemes I believe but John and I together have already well over 60 repaints for it, covering all continents, so at least there will be an exterior for (nearly) everyone.

I can also tell you now that if you start complaining about those paints like you do about these acronyms, it will have absolutely no effect.

Here's a few pics to keep you interested in the exterior rather than non-included features:

FX3455.jpg

FX3193.jpg

FX2853.jpg

FX983.jpg

FX2659.jpg

FX2602.jpg

FX2592.jpg

FX2594.jpg

• Upvote 7

It's funny to see that more or less every day a new poster turns up saying bad things about this airbus, Kirk being the latest....not counting themose of course.

Well, I've been toying with this thing for a while now, and while I have absolutely no idea what sid's, MRCO's, IGH's and LRF are, or any of the other acronyms I see zapping past, and I have never before flown any airliner in the sim longer than 10 minutes (cigars with wings), this thing grew on me, and it was fun to paint...well sometimes a bit less so.

It will come out in a few days, with 6 paintschemes I believe but John and I together have already well over 60 repaints for it, covering all continents, so at least there will be an exterior for (nearly) everyone.

I can also tell you now that if you start complaining about those paints like you do about these acronyms, it will have absolutely no effect.

Here's a few pics to keep you interested in the exterior rather than non-included features:

Now thats more like it. Nice repaints; nice clean wings!! Cool.

I think it is a few peolpe who are rubbing things up for the rest of us on here. I have noticed their word patterns are alike; most likely 1-2 peolpe with multiple accounts just out to stir things up. Unfortunate for the Beta team, the Developers, Aerosoft Admin, and us entry-level users for which this product is being developed for!

All I can say its thanks alot guys, I am a new-ish simmer and you have really put me off a more advanced airliner with sids and stars are whatever they are called as someday I may have been interested in such a thing. Now it proves that I want a basic chilled airliner to fly so I can chill and view the scenery below and not waste time as you guys have been diluting a Forum that clearly giving us entry-moderate users someting new to fly for a change to help us progress. Thanks alot! We, the flight sim world, are a small group of people around the globe with this hobby surely we should repect all levels of the game and coach others along. We have been pretty patient with the re-occuring same boring comments over last 5 months.

Maybe we want to discuss normal climb procedures, taxi procedures and those type of things and NOT something that is not included as logic would say thats a waste of time!

• Upvote 1

Im just highlighting Facts, Aerosoft state that their textures and VC are better than that of other Products available, including comparing pictures, and boasting that they have proof that they measured every thing so its in the right place, yet they cant even get the Cockpit colour right.

And by the looks of it, most of the people here dont like the direction Aerosoft have taken with their product either, so what is the intended customer base other than just repeating to me bla bla bla people that want a basic simulation, because they may as well just use the default, as that is all the Aerosoft airbus is, just a dressed up Default aircraft, its clearly not the people here on the forums.

WOW Kirk, you just read my mind. I consider myself a hardcore simmer refering to procedures and systems knowledge. I do not like the direction taken by Aerosoft too. Not complex addons are not for me. I do not fly beautiful models sorry, what I want is complex planes.

Just my opinion

• Upvote 3

WOW Kirk, you just read my mind. I consider myself a hardcore simmer refering to procedures and systems knowledge. I do not like the direction taken by Aerosoft too. Not complex addons are not for me. I do not fly beautiful models sorry, what I want is complex planes.

Just my opinion

I don't blame them to be honest as I am sure there would be something else that is just not quite right for you 'hard core' types; perhaps the cockpit color is off a tad or there is dial that has a red arrow instead of a yellow dot or a pixel is out of place or the FPS are too low now that thing is top heavy with systems that you want added. Give it a rest and move on please.

I was more or less hoping this would take at least 30 minutes to find, but yup, you win, contact Shaun at support@aerosoft.com with the secret password "mathijsiscool' when you see it released and you'll not pay.

Not fair! All the free copies get "given away" while I'm asleep :angry:

Lets start on it... (because I got a question about that and because I got nothing new on the Bus today). Why decides what a contaminated runway is?

Well strictly: if more then 25% of the surface is covered by standing water or slush (more then 3 mm) or snow or ice. But exceptions on the 25% are if the contaminants are lying on that portion of the

runway where the high speed part of the takeoff roll will occur.

We won't takeoff when the depth of standing water or slush is more than 12mm ( strictly it is 13 or 15 mm for treshold)

Normally filed reports and pireps are the first indication for contaminated runway conservatism.

oooohhh hardcore!! Cool!

Well, I'm a hardcore painter, who hates procedures and systems knowledge, and Aerosoft just made this aircraft for me!! Only me, not you!

It has a wonderful paintkit, and even I can fly it! Without ever reading a manual! I even manage to land it!

Look:

a6670-4.jpg

a7577-1.jpg

a6841.jpg

a6775-1.jpg

• Upvote 3

oooohhh hardcore!! Cool!

rf

Well, I'm a hardcore painter, who hates procedures and systems knowledge, and Aerosoft just made this aircraft for me!! Only me, not you!

It has a wonderful paintkit, and even I can fly it! Without ever reading a manual! I even manage to land it!

Look:

haha!! laugh.gif Looking damn good!! I can just see those wings move over Megascenery Earth CA state, Aerosoft SF, and the lovely default SFO airport (not for long)!!

Good painting I must say!! Now back to the homework...

Does this have Wing flex?

Also does it have SIDS and STARS?

'Only kidding guys, just taking the pi$ - cant wait for this bird'

10 ECHO Does it have SIDS and STARS

20 GOTO 10

:)

• Upvote 4

• Developer

Well its true, the colours and textures look nothing like the real thing, compare it the photo that Mr Kok placed, which is a nice light blue with reflection and glare, where as the Aerosoft bus is a dirty dark blue with mac black.

And comment doesn't really relate to you saying airlines have different options.

.. every word in your direction is one word to much. You have a nice hobby, and that has nothing to do with flying. :lol:

• Upvote 6

Out of curiosity what does the SLEW button mean for a real airliner? And since there's no airways supported where can we find a chart for airways? (If I decide not to purchase an outside program)? Thanks again.

You could try vroute

http://www.vroute.net/

Although i never fly online i use vroute for all my flightplans (these follow airways). The flightplan can be exported to FSX and several other formats (i have the paid version, the freeware might have less but for shure it has FSX and FS9) together with a handsome Flight progress card (pdf format), with all the waypoints and additional information for your flight.

oooohhh hardcore!! Cool!

Look:

As I posted before this is an opinion. If you like this kind of addons go on and buy them, but they are not for me, nothing more nothing less. I really do not understand why some people overhere is ofended by a simply personal and respectful opinion.

I bought the Simcheck A300, but not this bus. It is too simple for me.

Anyone is going to shut mouths overhere or there will be some respect?

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Just my opinion

so why are you following this topic if you don't like anything about it???????

• Upvote 4

take off roll the speed is in the red - All ready FIXED for release candidate

10 feet is showing on the Radio altimeter while its on the ground, ......... - All ready FIXED for release candidate

RWY TRK is not something an Airbus displays: - Yes it does -> look in FOM "Autoflight" section 1.22.30 Page 48

Its AP 1+2 not 1AP2 - We have seen both types (airline specific) !

ATHR has a / in it A/THR - Right -> Your first bug find - congratualitions

Speed is supposed to be Green -All ready FIXED for release candidate

Land is supposed to come up and 400 ft AGL and takes up two sections ......... - All ready FIXED for release candidate

As You can see things are changing for the release version. This is "only" a preview forum.

It also seems You could learn something new from our Airbus :)

Finn

• Upvote 7

so why are you following this topic if you don't like anything about it???????

Because I have free time and curiosity and I think I am free enough to post here if I want to. But if you feel uncomfortable or something tell me and I quit... Geez

• Upvote 1

That looks pretty damm much as a approach at 04L EKCH :- )

and Mathijs, what format of FPL will the airbus use?

Do you have any plans of getting it integrated into vRoute if it aint a default format?

Cheers

Yep

Was a "test drive" from EKBI-EKCH.

Flightplan format is standard FSX - think Vroute can do those too.

I use FSBUILD or FSCommander.

Finn

Finn

oooohhh hardcore!! Cool!

Look:

a6670-4.jpg

a7577-1.jpg

a6841.jpg

a6775-1.jpg

Damm they look good!