Organization and staff

• Aerosoft

Seeing the many questions and discussions I think it might be a good idea to install some management as soon as possible to avoid Aerosoft having to much influence on how this project evolves. My suggestion would be to install a temporary staff that will be replaced (or re-instated) a few weeks after the project launch.

Andras Field is managed by the board of directors. The Board of directors consists of 6 persons.

• Airport Director assisted by the Seaplane Base Manager
    They will be responsible for the running of the airfield, all aircraft movements, ATC, routing, charts etc.
  • President of the Andras Airpark Owners Association
    They will be responsible for the Airpark
  • Commercial Sales Director
    Responsible for the expansion of the project, sells properties, contacts organizations and companies.
  • President of the Andras Field Glider Association
    Responsible for the glider section
  • Events and Online Director
    Responsible for creating events (first FSX Glider Championship, amphib weekend etc) and organizing online servers

There is already a closed forum available for the Board of directors.

Aerosoft will be able to reward these people with access to free downloads and everything else we can think of.

------------------------

If there are people interested in these functions, please drop me a message here. I will take the liberty of choosing this temporary staff. Don't be discouraged if somebody else wants the same position as you would like. There is a lot to do and there is no reason a group of people could not take care of one of the jobs. Also note that perfect English is most certainly NOT a prerequisite. As long as we understand you, it's perfect (heck look at MY English!).

Hi Mathijs

I'd just love to take part of this adventure and would vey much like to apply for the post as Commercial Sales Director or Events and Online Director.

I have alot of experience in running events up here in Norway on a weekly basis (On private server) and I have a lot of contacts in the industry.

So I feel more than qualified for the jobs and have a lot of spare time to set aside for this assignment. So pls. consider my application and love to hear from you again.

I don't know whether to post here or in the "Plots of land" thread, but I would like to propose an RMO hangar - OK, we don't need to let others overhaul our planes all the time, but certainly I would like to build a "paintshop". Not even for myself only, but perhaps a place where the graphically bent members can hang out and put a dash of paint to a plane. There are enough of us painter types to group together so we'd need hangerage large enough to fit the biggest plane that could need painting.

I'd even go so far as to suggest that works-in-progress are visible online :excl:

A commercial service? Perhaps. A place for painters to hang their shingles? Definitely. Here's (one of) mine :rolleyes:

post-2246-127766373563_thumb.jpg

Doesn't have to be sited immediately near the field, but must have access for amphibs, GA, sport and commercials.

Either way - it's great to see this project finally coming to life...

Edit

I mean a Maintenance hanger with paintshop facilities by the way - RMO or MRO - Repair and Maintenance Organisation usually certified under EASA part 145 in the real world (just as Aerosoft would be a "part 21" organisation as far as the aircraft manufacture goes). So I am suggesting an additional role - that of managing this function.

Hi Matthijs,

I would like to apply for Seaplane Base Manager, I am a big fan of seaplanes, and I fly them the most of my time in FSX. My native language is dutch, but I am also a fluent English and German speaker.

I have a lot of spare time and I will be happy to spend about 7 hours a week on this project, it looks absolutely great!

If this position isn't free I would also be very happy to apply for Airport Director. I even have the sufficient time to do both, and I would be happy to do both. But for now lets first see if any other people are interested in these positions. :-)

Sebastiaan Jansen

Don't be discouraged by a lack of response gents, your applications are very very much welcome. But I just want to keep this open for another 48 hours so others can jump in as well.

Sure thing. No worries! :D

I would like to help out within the powers of the President of the Andras Airpark Owners Association. Althogh my time does not allow to apply for this job in detail, I would offer my help as asistance to this Job - I any Assistance Position is planned in future.

So for now I lean back and eagerly await how this thing goes, maybe when the Airpark grows and grows, I can offer my help when the time is right  ;):D

When will the management be chosen? Will that still be for today or will it be done later on? It has already been over 48 hours. Sorry but I am eagerly waiting to see if I am part of it, as I would like to be.

Sebastiaan Jansen

OK Decision time Gentlemen.

I see that the product is now for sale. Great. I see that the site is (almost) up and running, Great also, BUT:

How about the board?

If you think we are not the right guys for the job(s) then come out and say so - I wont even be offended - But we are a few who waits for the possibility, and time is wasted when we are to check all the time.

So come front and pick your guys, or tell us goodbye Mathjis.

OK Decision time Gentlemen.

I see that the product is now for sale. Great. I see that the site is (almost) up and running, Great also, BUT:

How about the board?

If you think we are not the right guys for the job(s) then come out and say so - I wont even be offended - But we are a few who waits for the possibility, and time is wasted when we are to check all the time.

So come front and pick your guys, or tell us goodbye Mathjis.

Agreed, sorry Mathijs, I just really want to hear who is in the board, or is there still voting going on :huh:. I would be very glad to hear how far you are.

I like this idea and am interested in bidding on a plot as well, but prefer the idea of moving slowly with the board. Maybe sell off enough plots to have an election by the owners for board spots, or appoint an interim board until all plots are sold, and then have an election. I assume Mathijs is on the same page with his earlier statement “My suggestion would be to install a temporary staff that will be replaced (or re-instated) a few weeks after the project launch”.

I also wonder about the long term viability of the project. With only 80 plots, and no doubt a few more commercial vendors wanting to buy up some real estate, what will be the attraction to those that missed out on the land sale once all is sold? Will it be within the scope of the boards mandate to consider an area expansion so that more folks from the flight sim community will be able to buy in, or will the project always be limited to first 80 owners? The attraction of a fictitious airport/airpark is appealing primarily because of the interesting experiment with owner/member involvement, but once all plots are spoken for, I would speculate that there will be nothing of interest to attract myself or others that have little hope of becoming owners/participations/members. These may be items for the board to consider, but it seems to me that core to the success of the idea (and success of the product), will be how to keep this experiment from becoming an exclusive club of a few private and commercial owners.

Looking forward to the land auctions!

Jim

I like this idea and am interested in bidding on a plot as well, but prefer the idea of moving slowly with the board. Maybe sell off enough plots to have an election by the owners for board spots, or appoint an interim board until all plots are sold, and then have an election. I assume Mathijs is on the same page with his earlier statement "My suggestion would be to install a temporary staff that will be replaced (or re-instated) a few weeks after the project launch".

I also wonder about the long term viability of the project. With only 80 plots, and no doubt a few more commercial vendors wanting to buy up some real estate, what will be the attraction to those that missed out on the land sale once all is sold? Will it be within the scope of the boards mandate to consider an area expansion so that more folks from the flight sim community will be able to buy in, or will the project always be limited to first 80 owners? The attraction of a fictitious airport/airpark is appealing primarily because of the interesting experiment with owner/member involvement, but once all plots are spoken for, I would speculate that there will be nothing of interest to attract myself or others that have little hope of becoming owners/participations/members. These may be items for the board to consider, but it seems to me that core to the success of the idea (and success of the product), will be how to keep this experiment from becoming an exclusive club of a few private and commercial owners.

Looking forward to the land auctions!

Jim

Jim

Its in the cards that a second area is to be developed, should the need for plots exceed the availably number.

As for the board - the plan is to make a temporary board, and then elect a more permanent board when the place is settled.

I think both things are good for the long term viability.

Hi Matthijs,

I would come on board as well if a position is still available. It is great idea and hopefully this project has a good impact and shows what it is possible in the flight simulator world.

So I am ready to go! ;-)

Rgds from Munich

Mark

Mathjis

When we are in the business of deletion, then why not delete all my posts, and not just the ones you dont like? I can see why the "board" topic was erased, but my initial application, and the withdrawal of it - why delete those?

Hi.

Any chance on expanding the 'job' descriptions to give a clearer idea of what's required? Certainly

• President of the Andras Airpark Owners Association
    They will be responsible for the Airpark

says very little, and while I'm interested in helping out, it's difficult to know how I can without knowing a little more?

Cheers.

Gav.

• Aerosoft

Mathjis

When we are in the business of deletion, then why not delete all my posts, and not just the ones you dont like? I can see why the "board" topic was erased, but my initial application, and the withdrawal of it - why delete those?

Because you prefered not to be involved anymore it made some sense to remove it. That way other people know this function is open again. Sorry we got into some issues, no bad things intended at all, we would have loved to have you in the board.

• Aerosoft

Hi.

Any chance on expanding the 'job' descriptions to give a clearer idea of what's required? Certainly

says very little, and while I'm interested in helping out, it's difficult to know how I can without knowing a little more?

Cheers.

Gav.

Mmmm yes, but we kept it this short because it's something we do not want to direct too much.

But let me give you an example. we just had a sms from a Andras Field customer who almost flew into the tower crane on approach to 27. He wants it removed (and right he is). But that would be something the President of the Andras Airpark Owners Association should take up with the airport managers. Or when pilots start to complain about the many rabbits on the taxiways (we have been informed this has been a problem in the past and is always most problematic half July, the president should handle that. There is also a discussion on the taxiway extension to make Artwick Avenue a circle road to be able to have one way taxiing.

What you need most of all is some time and loads of imagination above all a sense of humor.

Or when pilots start to complain about the many rabbits on the taxiways (we have been informed this has been a problem in the past and is always most problematic half July,

I wonder if the President of the Owners association could get a vote to hire Elmer Fudd to deal with that? ;)

• Aerosoft

Hi Matthijs,

I would like to apply for Seaplane Base Manager, I am a big fan of seaplanes, and I fly them the most of my time in FSX. My native language is dutch, but I am also a fluent English and German speaker.

I have a lot of spare time and I will be happy to spend about 7 hours a week on this project, it looks absolutely great!

If this position isn't free I would also be very happy to apply for Airport Director. I even have the sufficient time to do both, and I would be happy to do both. But for now lets first see if any other people are interested in these positions. :-)

Sebastiaan Jansen

Sebastiaan, let's put you in charge of the seaplane base for now, you have been fishing for that job for weeks now. Please note that we'll see in a few weeks if we keep the people we got in the board, so it's temporary.

Because you prefered not to be involved anymore it made some sense to remove it. That way other people know this function is open again. Sorry we got into some issues, no bad things intended at all, we would have loved to have you in the board.

Mathjis

Now THAT makes a lot of sense. You are right of course. Deleting the posts was the right thing to do!

And Im deeply touched by your comment. I let my temper get the best of me yesterday, and thats not good. I was prepared to be banned for it, and then you comment like that. Thank you very much.:D

I see that you now have applicants for both the positions to which I applied, and so I guess you are all set to go on this nice project.

I therefore wish you all the luck in making this a succesful piece of history in FSX.

When you are to make a more permanent board, I hope you will announce it here, and I shall consider applying for one of the posts!:)

Congratulations to all who make it into the board. I´m sure you will have a ball. ;)

Sebastiaan, let's put you in charge of the seaplane base for now, you have been fishing for that job for weeks now. Please note that we'll see in a few weeks if we keep the people we got in the board, so it's temporary.

Thanks, I will give the best I can, you can be sure of that!

Sebastiaan Jansen

Sebastiaan

Congratulations on the job. Im sure you will do great! Keep ´em busy!:D

Thanks Ole! If I need an assistant or someone to take over, you will be considered. :D

Sebastiaan Jansen

Mmmm yes, but we kept it this short because it's something we do not want to direct too much.

But let me give you an example. we just had a sms from a Andras Field customer who almost flew into the tower crane on approach to 27. He wants it removed (and right he is). But that would be something the President of the Andras Airpark Owners Association should take up with the airport managers. Or when pilots start to complain about the many rabbits on the taxiways (we have been informed this has been a problem in the past and is always most problematic half July, the president should handle that. There is also a discussion on the taxiway extension to make Artwick Avenue a circle road to be able to have one way taxiing.

What you need most of all is some time and loads of imagination above all a sense of humor.

I see. Pretty much as I expected, but had to check that there were not any prior expectations.

It seems that RP elements will play a big part of the here.

It would seem proper to have some sort of Manifesto or Statement of Intent when applying for posts so here's my submission for President of the Andras Airpark Owners Association.

- Listen to the members requirements and day-to-day needs and pass these on to the Board.

- Creation of a local news-letter to relay important info relating to the Air Park and Andras Field as a whole. Input required from other Board members.

- Improvement of local amenities Community Centre, Public Transport to Neighbouring Towns and Cities, Mini-mart or similar.

- Co-ordination with the Events Director to see best how the Park can be involved (if necessary) in National/Regional Holiday Celebrations and Andras Field events.

- Sure there's more....

It was mentioned in Previous posts (I believe) that the Sale of plots would help fund development. I'm assuming that this covers ideas that come from the Members and Board similar to those above?

Cheers.

Gav.