Good News

lildoogood

I called Microsoft over FSX error and got a response that I never expected I was told that Microsoft was going to bring out Microsoft flight Simulator 11 soon they said they don't need aces studios all they needed was developers and something else I forget. This was also confirmed by several employees in the developers department. They said you might see it in stores in the Q4 of 2012 that Microsoft wasn't going to give the rights away to anyone else because it made them money. I also learned that Train Simulator will soon follow in Q1 of 2013 depending on budget. I can't wait for the beta to come out in supposedly Q2 of 2012 along with Train Simulator Q4 of 2012. I hope I wan't lied to but the way I had several responses from developers and Techs it is being worked out now.

• Upvote 3

I wish I could believe this info... <_<

I called Microsoft over FSX error and got a response that I never expected I was told that Microsoft was going to bring out Microsoft flight Simulator 11 soon they said they don't need aces studios all they needed was developers and something else I forget. This was also confirmed by several employees in the developers department. They said you might see it in stores in the Q4 of 2012 that Microsoft wasn't going to give the rights away to anyone else because it made them money. I also learned that Train Simulator will soon follow in Q1 of 2013 depending on budget. I can't wait for the beta to come out in supposedly Q2 of 2012 along with Train Simulator Q4 of 2012. I hope I wan't lied to but the way I had several responses from developers and Techs it is being worked out now.

Darryl

Sure... I believe you. :mallet_s:

You should believe, because it´s true gentlemen wink.gif A few weeks ago, they started to search developers, reallife pilots and enthusiasts to test a new "flight sim game"

Flight Sim 11 will be called "Flight Simulator Live"

regards

Max

Microsoft is certainly up to something - whether it actually turns out to be something serious simmers will be interested in remains to be seen...

• Aerosoft

Wait you called the MS support line (what accent did they have, Indian or Irish?) and they told you that in 20 months a product will be in the stores? Then you spoke with guys in the dev department (on a whole different continent) who confirmed that. You also spoke to the legal department who knows about the legal aspects (ohhh and I know a LOT about that in the last few weeks, it's hugely complex). Then you also learned about what they are doing in TS (keep in mind they dropped that development TWICE already). Riiiight.

Heck we know MS is doing something. But after FSX and the way they messed up ESP, do we really care?I mean it is no secret that Aerosoft is very seriously considering competing with them and we are talking to most of the addon developers to see what they want. MS is not.

• Upvote 5

Way back when it was mentioned that MS "were remaining committed to the flight sim genre ", I said the next flight sim from MS will be "Pay as you play" I am even more convinced of this now.

At the end of the day, whose name is on the box is irrelevant. But while MS could hire a new team tomorrow and start work on FS11, 12 or 127.665, to do so in the absence of consultation with the target audience would be suicide, commercially-speaking. If they have found a new market among the five-minute-attention-spanners then good luck to them. I hope the bombs blow up hospitals and you can fly in outer space mauling the Cylons.

Because it won't impact on us. At all.

And I don't think anything said by `Mr First Poster` is likely to alter that perception. As inciteful and well-informed as he/she/it obviously is... :wacko:

• Upvote 1

I don't think that I'll ever buy another flight sim from MS. Especially if it's "pay as you play" as Stewart said. I'm sure that Aerosoft will bring us something much better. It's great to hear that you're talking to add-on developers about it; it's even better that you're talking to your customers.

Personally I welcome an engine that's been developed by the same people who's addons I actually use. Microsoft is too simple, and X-plane graphics just plain suck!

• Upvote 1

Well as long as the ATC on the flightsim is good, and hopefully add the slope of the runways at the airports then i will buy the flight simulator :) and look real of course :P

• Upvote 1

I fully intend to keep FS9 around. I also will be adding FSX in the next months. Besides that, I no longer take Microsoft to heart. As Aerosoft is consulting US-he people, and not just some random pilots, if I am really to consider a new sim, I will wait till AS has something to show before giving MS another chance. Pay as you go will fail without a doubt. They fired ACES, so as far as I am concerned, screw MS.

If Microsoft dose make you pay for FS Live then the heck with them it's not worth it i don't even own a Xbox because they make you pay. Another thing is if anybody is going to create a flight simulator Aerosoft or Microsoft I want to see mayday call for ATC, Better scenery not like FSX flat ground, and one major thing I wish to see is to be able to go inside the airports and move around the planes.

• Upvote 1

At the very least, they could have given us an sp to fix some of the major bugs, but at the very first chance they shut the whole thing down.

That should be a good enough hint to all.

I love FS, not MS!

Hmm, parallel thinking moment:

What if APPLE devoted their resources to gazumping MSFS - MacFS has a nice ring to it, donchathink..?

Course, it would mean we would all have to go out and buy a Mac, but would that necessarily be a bad thing? :rolleyes:

Hmm, parallel thinking moment:

What if APPLE devoted their resources to gazumping MSFS - MacFS has a nice ring to it, donchathink..?

Course, it would mean we would all have to go out and buy a Mac, but would that necessarily be a bad thing? rolleyes.gif

I thought we were supposed to keep quiet about this Simon? wink.gif

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

"As a result, we have needed to make an engineering change to accommodate a new supply of activation keys. The new version of FSX is currently in Manufacturing and new product is expected to become available early May, 2010."

from the "fsinsider" website...exciting..

That would be great, but the next few lines kill that hope...

"There will be no content change to the product or differences over earlier copies."

Course, it would mean we would all have to go out and buy a Mac, but would that necessarily be a bad thing? :rolleyes:

What with X-Plane why would Apple need to guzump anyone? X-Plane for the iPad is either out already or soon will be and Austin already makes $3 to 4 via the Apple App store for every $1 he makes on the desktop*. Which is not surprising given the low end gpu's in most iMac's, Mac Pro's and the various notebooks. A great deal many out there are still pre Intel CPU so really not suited for modern gaming.

Buying a Mac!? No thanks. If Apples current market value as a company had anything meaningful to do with an OS on a desktop then perhaps we could chat. I do not see this changing anytime soon, do you?

* I am not 100% sure if these desktop figures also include the PC platform but I suspect that they do.

At the end of the day, whose name is on the box is irrelevant. But while MS could hire a new team tomorrow and start work on FS11, 12 or 127.665, to do so in the absence of consultation with the target audience would be suicide, commercially-speaking.

Ahh, but MS did in fact consult the community last year in a pretty exhaustive questionnaire (with an NDA attached for good measure). They perhaps have not consulted directly with the current developers but what if that is exactly the point? What if MS are considering a let's call it "decent" Flight Simulator which includes a SDK but which is user extendable only via an online MS controlled app store?

What if MS are simply taking the approach that if addon developers want to be on board then they will come to us, on our terms? MS have been providing the venue for the addon developers party for close on a decade now and I suspect that they are tired of it. I know I would be.