Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Good idea... let's make it better, I'll drop you the manual before release so we know that won;t be an issue.

Great stuff, thanks Mathijs. I'll take the opportunity to do a bit of proof reading if there is time before release.

What he meant was that when the AirbusX is released, you should email Shaun. He will give you a free copy because you found a bug!

I know what you mean regarding the -1's. I bet this very post will be -1'ed in a couple of minutes. But i think this Feature should remain here as it can be very useful (there are always some people who mis-use everything)

btw do you know any hindi? (judging by your username it seems you are indian)

EDIT- sorry, i just noticed mathjis already replied after i clicked submit.

Hi Gaura.Thank You for making it more clear.I am honoured that Mathijs really appriciated my remarks and worked on it. Yeh i know Hindi and Marathi as i am from Mumbai,Maharashtra.What about you?

Currently at working at CSIA airport so i do watch AIRBUS A320 daily so you stay near IGI? Is Rwy 29 operational?

sameermankame8960

Thank You Mathijs.But I am also intersted in BOX version.So if the Aersoft AIRBUS X is first released in download version what should I do Mathijs

Sorry to bother you once again

Thanking You

sameermanakme8960

I don't Think Aerosoft ships Box Versions to India. (I'm not sure - no experience with this)

And besides, the Box version has nothing new (except some patches already there). And you get it later...

• Upvote 2

You ARE right, I just learned the RAT was indeed extended in that incident, I stand corrected! Strange though as the APU was on at the time and it should always have priority. Could very well another case of even Airbus engineers have problems with understanding the full systems logic.

Yes these Busses are very complex indeed, my father is a retired TAP captain who flow from the B707, B727, B737, A319/20/21, to the A340, and when he was through with the Boeing and went to the Busses he was amazed, I remembre very well things like "we now have 5 computers" eheheh and I remembre aswell that RAT deploys automaticaly if one looses all engines! in this case APU might have been relighted manually I suppose...

Regards

PLUR

Yes the trim wheel works as it should. Note you normally do not use it in the Airbus as it does all that automatic. The approach phase is detected by the systems. but as said we do not fully do all the Vnav stuff used there. In all practicality we model the system as used in a busy environment where the controllers handle most of what the Airbus systems would like to do.

ok thanks for the answer .

I think Aerosoft is at the 'firing frozen chickens into the engines' stage :rolleyes:

Kwiss I literaly LOL with this...good to have some humor from time to time :D keep it up mate

PLUR

hey everybody

just a question: is it possible that the manual is going to be released in the next few days, so that the customers can already learn the airbus specific instrument and so on?

of cause only if it is already completly done... then we would have something to read which is not as boring as ... (don't wanna say the word)!

if it isn't possible could you at least tell the reason mathijs?

thanks and i hope i'll get something to read the next days (and not only i...:D)

• Upvote 3

and another question:

if all the electric fails and the battery is empty what happens then with the flightcontrols?

can they be used although the plane is out of power? ore is it so that you can't run out of power because there is a virtual rat working even if you say that it is not simulated?:blink:

*if you vote this post down then please tell me why, because a few other posts of mine were voted down and i really am not knowing why*

• Upvote 5

and another question:

if all the electric fails and the battery is empty what happens then with the flightcontrols?

can they be used although the plane is out of power? ore is it so that you can't run out of power because there is a virtual rat working even if you say that it is not simulated?:blink:

*if you vote this post down then please tell me why, because a few other posts of mine were voted down and i really am not knowing why*

Ignore them mate, ask all the questions you want, like Mathijs said earlier you are a potential customer and its a good way learn the Aerosofts interpretation of the Airbus systems, also it keeps the thread interesting :rolleyes:

PS Sameerkat found a bug before release and I'm sure Mathijs was pleased he asked questions!

• Upvote 1

and another question:

I voted You up because it´s these kind of questions that really belongs into this forum :)

Now to Your question...

The RAT is not simulated - at least only very crude syatem wise.

But You won´t loose power for controling the control surfaces.

Finn

One question, on left EFIS ADF-VOR switches are set to VOR and on the right side are set to OFF but right ND shows still both VOR. Implementation of EFIS controls will be done only for PF in this case too and the displays will show the same data?

Same notice for mode switch.

aerosoft_airbusx_007.jpg

One question, on left EFIS ADF-VOR switches are set to VOR and on the right side are set to OFF but right ND shows still both VOR. Implementation of EFIS controls will be done only for PF in this case too and the displays will show the same data?

Same notice for mode switch.

It will be the same PFD and ND on both sides. Serious question here (I'm pleading ignorance on this one!), but what is it that people are wanting to do from the co-pilot's seat that would make it necessary to have independant gauges on the right side? Something with some other 3rd party program? A multiplayer thing?

Either way, to make the co-pilot's side functional (with alternate gauges and alternate switches) would not be an overwhelming task from the development side of things... just appending a "2" to the end of variable names would accomplish a lot of that. But the *performance* cost would be significant, from what I understand, as another gauge texture sheet would have to be added to the model. (Either that, or cut the resolution of the displays WAY down. Bad idea.) Stefan did a beautiful job getting everything crammed in just the right way, and I'm pretty confident we've achieved the best balance.

It will be the same PFD and ND on both sides. Serious question here (I'm pleading ignorance on this one!), but what is it that people are wanting to do from the co-pilot's seat that would make it necessary to have independant gauges on the right side? Something with some other 3rd party program? A multiplayer thing?

Either way, to make the co-pilot's side functional (with alternate gauges and alternate switches) would not be an overwhelming task from the development side of things... just appending a "2" to the end of variable names would accomplish a lot of that. But the *performance* cost would be significant, from what I understand, as another gauge texture sheet would have to be added to the model. (Either that, or cut the resolution of the displays WAY down. Bad idea.) Stefan did a beautiful job getting everything crammed in just the right way, and I'm pretty confident we've achieved the best balance.

I think maybe because its always seen in most addon aircraft that both EFIS displays the same on each side and some people are just wanting to see if it can be done (which we know it can) but I think because you have explained the fps hit it would cause, most people wont be bothered about it (I certainly will not be bothered about the displays showing the same data) I would much prefer the fps gain!

Is there anyway that after release at some point (or at the release) you could make a livery installer? For some reason, whenever I install freeware liveries, it never works. Maybe i just don't know how to do it (I've watched dozens of tutorials and it still never works!) :wacko:

-Matt

• Upvote 3

In fact would it be possible to turn the CoPilot side off if we wish to gain FPS?

Well, since they're the identical gauges, no, I don't see how the right side could be turned off independently, but I suppose you could always edit them out of the panel.cfg. Far from ideal, yes, but that's the only thing I can think of right now. However... the gauge calculations are being done for the left side anyway, so I'm really not sure how much of a performance gain you'd see by wiping out that right side. There'd probably not be much performance gain in normal forward views, but maybe a little when both sets of the PFD / ND screens were in view at once. (Best guess only!) Interesting question though.

Well, since they're the identical gauges, no, I don't see how the right side could be turned off independently, but I suppose you could always edit them out of the panel.cfg. Far from ideal, yes, but that's the only thing I can think of right now. However... the gauge calculations are being done for the left side anyway, so I'm really not sure how much of a performance gain you'd see by wiping out that right side. There'd probably not be much performance gain in normal forward views, but maybe a little when both sets of the PFD / ND screens were in view at once. (Best guess only!) Interesting question though.

It was just a thought, I know on the PMDG JetStream you can alter the 'refresh rate' on the panels to help frame rates, also I think on the Dornier a similar thing can be done to switch the copilot off again to help frame rates :rolleyes:  

Hi Gaura.Thank You for making it more clear.I am honoured that  Mathijs really appriciated my remarks and worked on it. Yeh i know Hindi and Marathi as i am from Mumbai,Maharashtra.What about you?

Currently at working at CSIA airport so i do watch AIRBUS A320 daily so you stay near IGI? Is Rwy 29 operational?

sameermankame8960

My pleasure :D. Yeah i live close to Mathura (but was not born in India), and I speak Hindi too. I have been to Mumbai a lot (go there atleast every year).

I'm only 130km from IGI, and i fly around very often, so i end up going there every couple of months. RWY 29 is operational, and its pretty great, But a pilot i was flying with told me that it has ILS problems (which are probably fixed by now). Terminal 3 is Almost 100% Ready too. The jetways are already there and they are putting Ads on them (AFAIK there are around 90 of them), The exterior is completely done, and they are finishing the Interior right now...

BTW sorry for posting offtopic in this thread

• Upvote 1

Is there anyway that after release at some point (or at the release) you could make a livery installer? For some reason, whenever I install freeware liveries, it never works. Maybe i just don't know how to do it (I've watched dozens of tutorials and it still never works!) :wacko:

-Matt

i don't know what you exectly do when you install liverys, but i (maybe) can help you with that:

first you have to extract the download to an folder you choose, then copy the texture.xxx folder in the aircraft folder in the fs one,

next you make an entry in the aircraft.cfg which looks like that:

[fltsim.(next number of fltsim. which comes directly after the latest one already existing for example 3 if you already have 0,1,2)]

title=Boeing 737-800 airline name here

sim=Boeing737-800

model=""

panel=""

sound=""

texture=xxx

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=N737W

atc_airline=callsign of the airline here

atc_flight_number=""

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=737-800

ui_variation=airline name here

ui_typerole=Kommerzielles Linienflugzeug

ui_createdby=Microsoft Corporation

description=

start flightsim choose your aircraft and fly

and that should be all B)

btw: an livery installer is a good idea

Hi Mathijs, will the bus be able to make a autoland, including flare and other stuff??wink.gif

I asked this very question in the last thread, and i got a shaky reply.

So i Second this question :D

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs, will the bus be able to make a autoland, including flare and other stuff??wink.gif

As far as I know full autoland is implemented  :rolleyes:

It was just a thought, I know on the PMDG JetStream you can alter the 'refresh rate' on the panels to help frame rates, also I think on the Dornier a similar thing can be done to switch the copilot off again to help frame rates   :rolleyes:  

That sounds like a great idea :D I think its also do-able in the 747.