Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Hello Folks,

I believe the guys in the office are aware of issues with the scenery and are in contact with the developer.

I have written to the project manager to ask if he is aware of the Amsterdam threads here on the forum.

I'm wondering why Mathijs doesn't intervene here. Eventhough I believe Amsterdam X isn't as bad as some people are stating, it's clear that the product doesn't live up to the expectations of the customers and I think it's safe to state it doesn't live up to the Aerosoft standard we (the customers) have come accustomed (read: spoiled) to.

It would be nice to see some formal Aerosoft statement on when and what we can expect for an update.

Hello Airlifter,

I already told you that things are being looked into. As for how long it takes is not known as this all depends on the amount of work needed to fix the issues.

Why also does Mathijs need to intervene as he's well aware of the problems with the sceneries and cant make it happen any faster.

Hello Airlifter,

I already told you that things are being looked into. As for how long it takes is not known as this all depends on the amount of work needed to fix the issues.

Why also does Mathijs need to intervene as he's well aware of the problems with the sceneries and cant make it happen any faster.

Hi Shaun,

It seems we posted at the same time yesterday (04:50pm). I hadn't seen your response.

I'll patiently wait... (ok, I admit it's difficult to stay patient, since EHAM is my homebase (I actually work for the largest airline based there...)).

Best regards,

Frank

Hi,

I have a question about installing the new EHAM_Excl_BGL file. Is it possible to paste&copy the new one over the old one or had I to rename the old one ie. EHAM_Excl_BAK and then copy&paste

the new file in the Scenery folder?

Edward

• Developer

Hi,

I have a question about installing the new EHAM_Excl_BGL file. Is it possible to paste&copy the new one over the old one or had I to rename the old one ie. EHAM_Excl_BAK and then copy&paste

the new file in the Scenery folder?

Edward

It's always better to keep a backup/copy of the original file, maybe you see unknown side effects after the replacement, so you have the chance to go back to the original version if needed.

But I don't expect negative effects by this file.

Hi,

I understand the need for back-up files. So if I understand well this is the correct procedure;

-rename the old file in ie. EHAM_Excl_BGL in EHAM_Excl_BGL and then copy/paste the new one in the Scenery folder or

make a copy of the the old file and save the copy in another folder and copy/paste the new EHAM_Excl_BGL in the Scenery folder and press OK

Thanks for helping

Edward

It's always better to keep a backup/copy of the original file, maybe you see unknown side effects after the replacement, so you have the chance to go back to the original version if needed.

Oliver, why is it so that with your Excl file I get bleedthrough when mesh is set to higher than 19 ?

With the Deafult file I did not get it, even with mesh set to 76.

But that file was full of errors.

For my IFR flights I like to use mesh set to 38.

If you could manage that it would be great.

• Developer

Oliver, why is it so that with your Excl file I get bleedthrough when mesh is set to higher than 19 ?

That is not related to the new Exclude File, it is generated by the new Runways File. But this is fixed already, I will add the new file later this day.

That is not related to the new Exclude File, it is generated by the new Runways File. But this is fixed already, I will add the new file later this day.

Thanks Oliver.

With a developer like you the service packs come first and then later project will be released... :goodjob_s:

• Developer

Attached to new EHAM_rwys.BGL, where no performance or grounddisplay problems could be seen.

This file will be part of the Boxed Version and of the next Servicepack, when ever he comes.

eham_rwys-260710.zip

Attached to new EHAM_rwys.BGL, where no performance or grounddisplay problems could be seen.

This file will be part of the Boxed Version and of the next Servicepack, when ever he comes.

The file is working great Oliver !

Thanks for the 2 files, now the scenery works very well for me the major issues are solved. Before patching at night the airport was very low in frame 3/4 fps, impossible to fly!

Thanks for the 2 files, now the scenery works very well for me the major issues are solved. Before patching at night the airport was very low in frame 3/4 fps, impossible to fly!

thx Oliver.

Good job!!

I couldn't wait for boxed version so I bought download version too few week ago laugh.gif

I encountered a weird thing some minutes ago.

On a practice flight from EGLL to EHAM with the Wilco Boeing 777, I made a nice landing on runway 18R.

Taxiing via V, I found some trees on the taxiway. I double checked twice, but my own edited scenery is disabled.

I decided to taxi around the trees over the grass on the left side of V.

All of a sudden, my aircraft fell through the ground and there I was, about 2000ft above EHAM, flying/falling. I was able to recover, but...

- Why are there trees on V?

- Why did my aircraft fell through the ground

and

- Why was it, after it fell, 2000ft AGL??!

Kind of weird... I did install the updates available here, except for the runway update (just downloaded it).

Hello Rene,

The scenery didn't do this as all users would have the same problem.

Please disable all other 3rd party scenery including the Add-On scenery folder in the scenery library except EHAM and then check.

bumpies and sand i.e. at turnoff V3 RWY 18R for example.

Affirmative, same here :(

And still not a single word from the developer.... not even a simple 'I'm working on it' posting.

Amazing.

As we say in Dutch: "Hij gooit z'n eigen ruiten in" (i.e. he's cutting his own throat)

Next time I'm thinking twice before I buy any product of this developer again.

• Upvote 1

Hello Shaun,

Can you tell me something for when the boxed version will come out??? I see that there are a lot of problems, so how are they going to solve it? I mean, this product was far from done. Many people regret they bought the product, the makers had to wait with the release! I'm happy I bought the boxed version, because I'll get it when it's completely done and when it's good. Sorry for all of you guys, who are very dissapointed about mega airport amsterdam. I can't smile about this product either :( .

edit: I completely agree with the post of Egbert Drenth. We are not getting a response on our answers from the real developer, which I think is really important because he/(she) knows his/(her) product best. We are only getting help from the Aerosoft crew, which is off course very good! But we really need to have some contact ourselfs I think with the developers. As Egberth Drenth says: Hij gooit zijn eigen ruiten in!

• Upvote 1

Shaun,

Imho there has to be made a firm statement by Aerosoft here at the forum.

Like it is going now we only know that Aerosoft is trying to get in touch with Cornel , but no update info for the customers.

It is going like this for several weeks now.

So we are all still left in the dark... :glare_s:

Hello Gerard,

I wrote to the product manager and am awaiting a reply, I also copied Mathijs in on the reply.

I know that no news is good news but thats not always the case.

So I'm hoping to be able to give you folks a Sitrep as to whats happening with this.

Hello Gerard,

I wrote to the product manager and am awaiting a reply, I also copied Mathijs in on the reply.

So I'm hoping to be able to give you folks a Sitrep as to whats happening with this.

Thanks Shaun !

Hello Gerard,

Appreciated Shaun :D

Cheers,

André