Aerosoft Airbus X

An info please about this simplified FMC of this bus:

As mentioned in this forum waypoints can be insterted. But will you also be able to change them in flight with a direct-to command so as to change course?

Let's say when you instructed last minute by the tower to change landing runway.

Christos

As mentioned in this forum waypoints can be insterted. But will you also be able to change them in flight with a direct-to command so as to change course?

Let's say when you instructed last minute by the tower to change landing runway.

As far as I remember: YES.

An info please about this simplified FMC of this bus:

Christos

I also think this will be possible.

But you don´t use the DIR-function for approaches, but as an ATC-permitted shortcut in your flight-plan.

For approaches - even a last-minute changed runway - you always will get vectors from ATC.

(That´s why i don´t shed a tear over the missing STAR´s...)

Timo

I wouldn't say that the FMC is simple but perhaps easier to use, there is still a lot of functionality there and a lot of very useful tools to help with navigation. When I use FSX default Airbus I tend to find my self using the Garmin Gps system and use that as the FMC which as we know is not even close to the real thing, but that was Aces intension's of it's use. I think once the Aerosoft Airbus has been flown in the FSX environment a lot of these issues about systems depth will pass away as that is normally the case with pre-release information.

• Upvote 1

Oh C`mon. That isn`t serious, is it?

I agree,

not so seriuos... but maybe there is an open issue with FMGC/MCDU if a lot of people is discussing on it.

The affair is that Wilco as set a point and probably a lot of people is especting to start almost from here on a new project.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

Oh C`mon. That isn`t serious, is it?

Actually I'm dead serious. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I do actually rather like the Wilco FMGC, so I was hoping it might be possible to combine the good stuff from the AS Airbusses and the Wilco Airbusses to make a goof FMGC.

Actually I'm dead serious. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I do actually rather like the Wilco FMGC, so I was hoping it might be possible to combine the good stuff from the AS Airbusses and the Wilco Airbusses to make a goof FMGC.

All very well in theory, but even if it were possible, who would you expect to provide support if things went wrong farther down the line, Aerosoft or Wilco? :unsure:

Mathijs i got an awesome idea. You should model things you can put on your Tray table in the cockpit! Like Food, a laptop, papers and so on! Im sure it makes it look like there "someone here". 

Nice idea but yuk! I would like a nice clean airbus. Also, why waste polygons on stuff like that?

I have just bought the PMDG 748 expansion.. please Aerosoft, bring us the same engine visual graphics !!! (when the engine is running full thrust, the way you see thru the full engine structure is wonderfull !!)

• Upvote 1

Is it possible to replace the FMC by the FMC of the Wilco busses?

Why waste money and time on that? Wilco sucks in FSX... Use vasFMC, it's free and good! :)

I was wondering... I'm building an A320 home cockpit, and I plan on having mostly functional buttons/switches/knobs. Will there be a way for me to assign my switches etc. to the correct functions? FSX doesn't have built-in SimConnect commands for many of the buttons, so I need some other way (I think).

Why waste money and time on that? Wilco sucks in FSX... Use vasFMC, it's free and good! :)

Besides the unprofessional statement "...Wilco sucks..."

i have to admit, that vasFMC is really a good thing, but as long as there is no FSX-gauge-version, it´s not possible

to "merge" it into any FSX-panel - and much less into any FSX-VC (and this airbus only has a VC).

Regards,

Timo

• Upvote 6

Guest inbrekers1

All very well in theory, but even if it were possible, who would you expect to provide support if things went wrong farther down the line, Aerosoft or Wilco? :unsure:

I'd have a back-up.

Don't let others get on your nerves. I am not sure why people who obviously don't like our idea feel the need to come here and tell us, but they do.

Well Mathijs,

I sorta know what drives them - the opposite of what drives me. I like your product. In fact I love your Airbus and I am going to buy it, and I am here to tell you so, and I just did. So, for every action there is an opposite reaction. This will be a hit and I am still a fan! How about an Air Canada Livery? Great product!

Stephen

• Upvote 1

Well Mathijs,

I sorta know what drives them - the opposite of what drives me. I like your product. In fact I love your Airbus and I am going to buy it, and I am here to tell you so, and I just did. So, for every action there is an opposite reaction. This will be a hit and I am still a fan! How about an Air Canada Livery? Great product!

Stephen

I think its the fact that there isnt any other good option for FSX in the market for a complex Airbus addons.

What they fail to understand is that Aerosoft has the man power and money to make it better if they have a good market for an advanced systems update.

So even if it's not perfect in terms of systems for the hardcore sim right now... ppl should buy it as it will just make the product grow.

Also its cheap considering the level of imersion we will be getting... its the best 3D VC i have ever seen... so perfect in every detail... realy good.

Regards

• Aerosoft

Damn i cant wait anymore:rolleyes: What is it, that you guys need to complete before it can be released?

• The IAE engine (but that will is unwrapping stage now, almost ready for painting)
  • The A320 fuselage and all maps for that model
  • Bits on the nav display
  • Much of the MCDU
  • External sounds