CRJ Update Status with new staff

reallinepilot

I would think so as from my understanding, Hans in the main developer for the aircraft (and his work on the ATR is winding down). It would be nice to see some detailed updates on what the plans for the future of the CRJ are.

We really need an official update regarding this topic and please stop hiding the head under the sand, the aircraft has been broken for over a year now and nothing has been informed to the community except excuses and false promises of “update is coming soon”. 
If you don’t have the time an will to fix it maybe it’s time to realise it as freeware and let other developers fix it.

when is it enough?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I can confirm that we are still working on the CRJ update. Work is currently underway on the model and systems. We will post more details in the coming days and keep you updated on the progress of the project.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

On 7/20/2023 at 10:18 AM, Jan_AS said:

Hi,

I can confirm that we are still working on the CRJ update. Work is currently underway on the model and systems. We will post more details in the coming days and keep you updated on the progress of the project.

I'm holding you to the bolded statement...

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:18 AM, Jan_AS said:

Hi,

The fact that work is taking place on the model is promising, I can only hope that this includes textures as well - Particularly those of the displays. 

It would be great if the flight deck looked a lot more ‘lived in’. Most airlines’ CRJ fleets have paid for themselves a hundred times over, I would be in a state of shock at work if I showed up for the day and my flight deck looked as clean and new as the CRJ represented in the sim!

6 hours ago, CVG99 said:

The fact that work is taking place on the model is promising, I can only hope that this includes textures as well - Particularly those of the displays. 

It would be great if the flight deck looked a lot more ‘lived in’. Most airlines’ CRJ fleets have paid for themselves a hundred times over, I would be in a state of shock at work if I showed up for the day and my flight deck looked as clean and new as the CRJ represented in the sim!

There is already a worn cockpit texture overhaul for the 700 to download at the aero soft website 

I've had this mod for ages and love it (except that it looks like a bear was chewing on the throttle quadrants).   A nice touch is the pilfered "Holiday Inn" ballpoint pen.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jay jay said:

I've had this mod for ages and love it (except that it looks like a bear was chewing on the throttle quadrants).   A nice touch is the pilfered "Holiday Inn" ballpoint pen.  

Do you/ anybody possibly know how to make it work on the 900/1000 series?

15 hours ago, FernandoPosada said:

Do you/ anybody possibly know how to make it work on the 900/1000 series?

Unfortunately, no.    The funny thing is that I didn't think the cockpit was different between the 700 and the other two variants.    Are you sure it won't work with those?  

I do also think all models share the same cockpit model and textures.... will try to overwrite the CRJ900 cockpit texture files at the base folder and see what happens, worst case I re-install the aircraft :P

vor 4 Stunden schrieb FernandoPosada:

I do also think all models share the same cockpit model and textures.... will try to overwrite the CRJ900 cockpit texture files at the base folder and see what happens, worst case I re-install the aircraft :P

It would be quite smart to backup the original files before overwriting ;)

• Upvote 2

On 7/20/2023 at 5:18 PM, Jan_AS said:

Hi,

Just to bring the thread back on topic. Any more details to share? I think we are up to week 54 or 55 without any CRJ update, every extra week is just that bit more embarrassing.

• Upvote 3

On 7/27/2023 at 5:34 PM, FrankGehry said:

I too would like to hear some news on the update. The 'coming days' post was a week ago now.

Aren't all days "coming" in the grand scheme of things? ;)

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:18 AM, Jan_AS said:

Hi,

Hi Jan,

It's been a while since your post, wondering when we'll see all the details on those promised updates?  

I was just about to post a report of problems on the CRJ700 and 500 regarding the fact that the throttle control is useless. There is no smooth control between idle and max.  I haven't flown this aircraft for months but got it out of the hanger to refamiliarise myself.  Is this throttle issue part of "the aircraft is broken" remarks?

Yes, the mythical "after ATR it will be CRJs turn"... Since then, multiple ATR updates and zero, nada, zilch on the CRJ front. And no one in AS dares to even post anything anymore about the update it seems :D. I think the time may soon come to declare time of death, RIP CRJ, and move on. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, CRJay said:

I think the time may soon come to declare time of death, RIP CRJ, and move on. 

Couldn’t agree more.. at this stages better lower the price, remove decryption and let skilled modders fix aerosofts problems.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/11/2023 at 5:55 PM, CRJay said:

Yes, the mythical "after ATR it will be CRJs turn"... Since then, multiple ATR updates and zero, nada, zilch on the CRJ front. And no one in AS dares to even post anything anymore about the update it seems :D. I think the time may soon come to declare time of death, RIP CRJ, and move on. 

I'll do the honors for the eulogy...

Here lies the first highER fidelity addon in MSFS. Though it was beloved by so many, it's parents didn't give the same love to it as they have shown it's other more lucrative siblings. Though its parents didn't treat it as badly as it's brother (the Twotter), it still did long for its parents' love and affection. It lived a short life but brought joy to so many for an extended period of time, but it's flaws were too great to continue to go unnoticed when compared to its competition. Only its parents held the power to fix its flaws but alas, here we are. Thank you CRJ, you will be missed. 😭

• Upvote 3