New aircraft project....

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found that the Do24 ATT is already in the making elsewhere - and from the first looks in very good quality.

Very interesting news. Can you disclose where. I'd like to have a look. Send me a private message, since we do not want to clog up this forum with these off the topic questions.

Eberhard

Sorry, private messaging has been disabled. It is developed at grossweight.de. The page is bilingual. However, only the German language page has the updated info on the Do24 (including some rendering shots of the VC).

Hi

I can post my opinion. I think that during some years of simulation, there are some neglected aircrafts without good panels like flight1, dreamfleet or aerosoft did. I prefer airlines, so I think that Saab 340 and Saab 2000, Avro 70/85/100, Fokker 50, and why not a good BN-2 are good possibilities. Maybe there are others...

harpsi

what about the Avro Vulcan. I don't think anyone else has done one yet

The Vulcan has been done by Alphasim, but a while ago. It is for 2002 and 2004. I would guess, that they eventually will upgrade this one to FSX.

If not, it would be a worthwhile project.

Eberhard

The bombardier/canadair CL-215-1A10 is a very special aircraft with a lot of different uses ... would love to see that done by aerosoft! Must be something to fly in a winterstorm in north canada ...

nothing really modern and standard.

I would like to hear some other suggestions, keep in mind we still have the Catalina, Bronco and F16 in the pipeline right now. Keep thinking about aircraft that have something special, don't ask me to do a aircraft that's 'standard'.

Here are some of the oldies I'd like to see in FSX: DHC4 Caribou, DC-6, Cessna 185

+ 1 for the 185.

There use to be a very good one for FS2002 (Miko Malminieri) and I just loved it. Can be on wheels, skis and floats and is very popular (just check the downloads made on various good sites)

Or an FSX-Version of the Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane with all it's versions, so you can even pick up trailers in Acce... :)

sikorsky_s64A_Skycrane.jpg

But I think there are not enough heli-buffs here... :?

If you're looking for non-standard, how about the Transavia Airtruck. You could put it in a cropduster package with the AirTractor and some scenery of crops with nearby obstacles (trees at the edge of the feilds, barns, birds, and telephone lines, etc.). I think that would be great fun, and a bit of a challenge.

It's been done before in FS9 but the De Havilland Canada Dash 8 would be a fantastic Aerosoft addition for FSX. Flown all over the world with modern avionics and tremendous capabilities with that lovely turboprop sound.

29fsrq.jpg

ip8m8l.jpg

Brent 8)

• Aerosoft
Something for the WWII Buffs would be nice.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/De-Havillan...uito/0518698/L/

Love this aircraft and havent found much for it in the FS world.

Chris

One of my all time favorites. Would do pretty well in a modern environment as it is fast enough to keep up with the big boys.

Although another developer apparently has a complete line in work, they've been in work for two to three years, with ZERO information on how they are doing.

I agree completely that the DH-98 would be fantastic....

Make sure you give us a PR XVI and/or a PR 34!

Awesome!

Kent 8)

As a previous poster has already mentioned...

Pitts S-1S

Fairly selfish of me as I have one [in the real world], but would absolutely love it if a decent version was released for FSX.

Cheers,

P.S. Willing to provide performance data/photos etc...