New aircraft project....

Dornier Do-228. (I'm sure someone already

said that?) It would be thrill to pair those two

"Lukla Legends" Twin Otter & Do-228. Hmm...

add them to Lukla airport and you will have

many hours of absolute fun. :P

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dornier_Do_228

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNqY9UY_82E

If not that.... :rolleyes:

I'll double that "Britten Norman BN-2B Islander"

Quite similar plane, I guess.

Chipmunk is one absolute beauty.... but....

there's already one just great lookin' freeware

package, so it would be wasting of money and

resources with that project, imho....

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know this will cause comments, but I need to start planning for aircraft projects in the second half of this year and first quarter 2009.

I would like to hear some other suggestions

Did any of those suggestions impress the powers-that-be?

This one looks nice: Mountain Goat

img-friday-creek-flood-plain-left-front-

http://www.bushplanes.com/

I think the Mountain Goat is a great idea. I have personally flown it for about 3 hours now. It stalls at 27mph and cruises at 150 mph. Amazing airplane! I am good friends with the creator. I could get you as much information as you might need...(apart from his trade secrets of course). He might even be able to export some sort of model from CAD for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to add my input for three aircraft already mentioned in this post. In order of MY preference:

#1: Britten-Norman Islander (Hopefully with 4-blade props). Great little 'airliner' that works feeder routes world-wide.

post-15266-1218373605_thumb.jpg

#2: De Havilland-Canada DHC-7. A great freeware version for FS02/04 exists, but doesn't port to FSX well.

post-15266-1218373616_thumb.jpg

#3: Antonov AN-2. Big, burly bush plane that could really fill up a remote airstrip, but would look at home on a dirt field.

post-15266-1218373624_thumb.jpg

I don't think any of these would qualify as a 'standard' airliner, and they don't require complex systems modeling, and all are capable of low-and-slow short flights to tiny, remote areas.

Having any of these birds done in Aerosoft's supreme quality for FSX would be a dream!

Rob

What about a Gulfstream Bussines Jet? not to big and not to small...

cheers

I thought about this a long time ago, but I heard somthing with Gulfstream would not allow developers to make a payware version of its aircraft for one reason or another. I think that the turbine version of the Air Tractor (on amphibious floats please) would be great. That said, I have a few other suggestions... :rolleyes: I know that many of these have already been suggested, but I felt that it may help the cause to hear it again ;) . I would love to see all of them done, but I highly doubt it :lol:

F-14D

BAe-146/RJ85 (VFR London companion)

BN-2 (Perfect DHC6 Companion for the WinAir routes)

HH-65C Dolphin/Dauphin (Good Companion to the Seahawk/Jayhawk for USCG fans)

Zivko Edge 540 (Includes Red Bull Air Race Scenery??)

Quest Kodiak

By companion products, I mean they could easily sell seperately or togeather in a package as they share some similar attributes but also have a huge following by aviation fans and are not so similar that they wouldn't sell! They all seem like they would be able to fill a corner of the payware addon market that has for the most part been previously untapped by developers.

Thanks for looking!

Mark

hello,

Maybe I have a great IDEA, What do you guys think about the Antonov AN225 or AN124

Many people like these planes an there are only freeware versions of these planes.

so hope you take thise one

Rick van EIJk

I thought about this a long time ago, but I heard somthing with Gulfstream would not allow developers to make a payware version of its aircraft for one reason or another. I think that the turbine version of the Air Tractor (on amphibious floats please) would be great. That said, I have a few other suggestions... :rolleyes: I know that many of these have already been suggested, but I felt that it may help the cause to hear it again ;) . I would love to see all of them done, but I highly doubt it :lol:

F-14D

BAe-146/RJ85 (VFR London companion)

BN-2 (Perfect DHC6 Companion for the WinAir routes)

HH-65C Dolphin/Dauphin (Good Companion to the Seahawk/Jayhawk for USCG fans)

Zivko Edge 540 (Includes Red Bull Air Race Scenery??)

Quest Kodiak

By companion products, I mean they could easily sell seperately or togeather in a package as they share some similar attributes but also have a huge following by aviation fans and are not so similar that they wouldn't sell! They all seem like they would be able to fill a corner of the payware addon market that has for the most part been previously untapped by developers.

Thanks for looking!

Mark

okay thats sad, but it doesn't have to be a Gulfstream... there are many more business jets. I would like to see a Jet as their next project !!!

Cheers Max

Hi Mathijs,

I just registered a few days ago, so I am only writing today a reply to this topic... :rolleyes: Since Madeira X is to be released soon, why not releasing also the "British Aerospace ATP", which makes the every day route Porto Santo - Madeira. It would be great...

Regards,

Markito

post-18567-1219701948_thumb.jpg

post-18567-1219702012_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

first post here - has anybody done a Grumman Tracker S2E...........I flew one many years ago in the R.A.N.

Would make an interesting plane to add to your hanger.

Once again......Hi to everybody, looking forward to many interesting discussions.

• Aerosoft
okay thats sad, but it doesn't have to be a Gulfstream... there are many more business jets. I would like to see a Jet as their next project !!!

Cheers Max

Internally we don't really like to to jets as we are more tuned to props. Yet I still have to see one of those ultra light jets done well in FSX, it's on my list to investigate.

I'd like to see a Gulfstream aswell, but it would likely be a fairly major project to do it properly (i.e. full systems functionality). The GVs I know have many more 'bells and whistles' than most/all heavier metal so it's probably a bigger project than a complicated heavy jet. If you do decide to do a bizjet I have full and unlimited access to a Gulfstream GV and/or Falcon 900EX EASy (for images, documentation etc...). Let me know, no problem.

I'm still holding out for a Pitts Special (S-1S ideally).

Cheers,

Colin.

Internally we don't really like to to jets as we are more tuned to props. Yet I still have to see one of those ultra light jets done well in FSX, it's on my list to investigate.

Mathijs, have you found something in this long list of suggestions already?

Aerosoft Staff,

Would you kindly consider the ...

Partenavia P68B

ext-1.jpg

or either of these...

Dornier 328

Dornier328.jpg

and

Dornier 328JET

22305.jpg

Thank you. :D

Personally I would like to see a Gulfstream G550 (or the latest one; G650; which the company hopes to introduce into its fleet within the next few years).

I have my reasons ... ;)

post-13668-1221093754_thumb.jpg

I'd like to see a Gulfstream aswell, but it would likely be a fairly major project to do it properly (i.e. full systems functionality). The GVs I know have many more 'bells and whistles' than most/all heavier metal so it's probably a bigger project than a complicated heavy jet. If you do decide to do a bizjet I have full and unlimited access to a Gulfstream GV and/or Falcon 900EX EASy (for images, documentation etc...). Let me know, no problem.

I'm still holding out for a Pitts Special (S-1S ideally).

Cheers,

Colin.

A Gulfstream would be far more than a "fairly" major project. Have you read any manuals on the Planeview avionics system? You'd quickly realize it would be the most complex project for Flight Simulator EVER, of any type, scenery, aircraft, or utility. There is a reason the real thing costs 50 million dollars. You'd need the best computer today to run it too. Talking high speed quad core goodness here, lots of fast memory, etc...

Check it out http://www.gulfstream.com/gulfstreamplaneview/ Since you have access to one you probably know, but others don't.

It would be wonderful, but I think it's always going to stay an "It would..."

A Gulfstream would be far more than a "fairly" major project. Have you read any manuals on the Planeview avionics system? You'd quickly realize it would be the most complex project for Flight Simulator EVER, of any type, scenery, aircraft, or utility. There is a reason the real thing costs 50 million dollars. You'd need the best computer today to run it too. Talking high speed quad core goodness here, lots od

Check it out http://www.gulfstream.com/gulfstreamplaneview/ Since you have access to one you probably know, but others don't.

It would be wonderful, but I think it's always going to stay an "It would..."

Hi Kiwikat,

I write my posts for a wide audience as it's impossible to know the knowledge level of the reader, hence the subtle inference to 'bells and whistles'. I agree with your assessment of the challenges of bringing such an aircraft to MSFS.

Cheers,

Colin.