New aircraft project....

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Connie or the DC-6 would be very nice!

but think about these

AN-22 Antheus

AN-12

IL76

no other company has ever made these for MSFS to what iam aware of

I think, in FSX aircraft addon list, there is still no one UH-1 Heli is a satisfactory. but that is realy a classic and lovely one.

and B-1 classic and beautiful one!!!

post-16544-1208162091_thumb.jpg

post-16544-1208162113_thumb.jpg

post-16544-1208162179_thumb.jpg

One of my all time favorites. Would do pretty well in a modern environment as it is fast enough to keep up with the big boys.

Hopefully if Mathjis is a big fan ,my choice for the Mosquito might make it to the production line...... :lol::lol:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/De-Havillan...uito/0518698/L/

Mosquitos like to come out in the summer ......... :lol: Especially if Merlin waves his magic wand (I mean props)......... :lol::lol::lol:

Chris

How about the Gee Bee?

us_gee-bee-r1_1932.jpg

Hellll yea! This plane has some history! I don't know why I didn't even think of that, as I have a Remote Control Gee Bee R-1 sitting in my kitchen, assembly of which is yet to be completed. The Gee Bee R-1 won the Thompson Trophy with Jimmy Doolittle himself at the controls!

Wikipedia;

"The Springfield Union of September 6, 1932 quoted Doolittle as saying, "She is the sweetest ship I've ever flown. She is perfect in every respect and the motor is just as good as it was a week ago. It never missed a beat and has lots of stuff in it yet. I think this proves that the Granville brothers up in Springfield build the very best speed ships in America today."

the R-1 rapidly earned a reputation as, potentially, a very dangerous machine. The small wings, very low polar moment of inertia, and tiny control surfaces made for an aircraft that could rapidly get away from all but the most skilled pilots. Unfortunately, this shortcoming was common to most air racers of the day.

During the 1933 Thompson trophy race, Russell Boardman was killed flying number 11. After taking off from a refueling stop in Indianapolis, Indiana, the R-1 stalled, caught a wingtip and crashed.

The R-1 was later repaired with parts from the crashed R-2, creating the "Long Tail Racer." Unfortunately, this too crashed soon after it was built, but luckily the pilot, Roy Minor, was not severely injured. After another rebuild, the Long Tail Racer was sold to Cecil Allen. Allen, against the advice of the Granvilles, modified it with larger gas tanks aft of center, which apparently made the craft unstable in pitch. Allen took off with a full fuel tank, crashed and was killed.

Specifications (Gee Bee Super Sportster R-1)

Data from Aero Digest magazine "The Influence of Racing Types on Commercial Aircraft Design"[1]

General characteristics

* Crew: 1

* Length: 17 ft 8 in (5.38 m)

* Wingspan: 25 ft (7.62 m)

* Height: 8 ft 2 in (2.48 m)

* Wing area: 75 ft² (6.97 m²)

* Empty weight: 1840 lbs (834 kg)

* Loaded weight: 2415 lbs (1,095 kg)

* Max takeoff weight: 3075 lbs (1394.8 kg)

* Powerplant: 1× Pratt & Whitney Wasp 1340 cu in (22 l) displacement Air Cooled 9 cylinder radial, 800 hp (596.5 kW)

* Incidence: 2.5 Degrees

* Aspect ratio: 6.1

Performance

* Maximum speed: 294.38 mph (473.8 km/h)

* Cruise speed: 260 mph (418.4 km/h)

* Stall speed: 90 mph (144 km/h)

* Range: 925 miles (1488 km) 630 miles, full throttle

* Rate of climb: 6100 fpm (31 m/s)

"

Gee Bee R-1!

The Widow Maker

The Flying Silo

hubobe.jpg

The Fokker G.I is definitely seconded here! One of my all-time favourite planes, it shook the world when the (then still) innovative Fokker design bureau showed it at the Paris exposition in the thirties. Nine .303 machine guns, eight of which situated in the nose made it a real early-war "lawn mower", and with reputable Spitfire-like manoueverability it leaves quite a legacy. The Luftwaffe used every single one they could get their hands on as both a trainer and a night fighter (see pic below). It literally ate the Me-109Es for breakfast! They then copied the design for their recce FW-189.

RedStorm-G1NIGHTFIGHTERSkyB2_v005_0118.j

Lockheed saw some future in its radical design, spurring probably its most famous "child"; the P-38 Lightning.

Totally under-preciated and (in my opinion) an excellent choice! Bring some of the "real" history back. We all know the Spitfires and Mustangs by now! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1fA-GAfBKs Quick video I uploaded to YouTube. Imagery is by an unknown artist, I added the sounds. Mercury and Daimler-Benz audio.

hubobe.jpg

The Fokker G.I is definitely seconded here! One of my all-time favourite planes, it shook the world when the (then still) innovative Fokker design bureau showed it at the Paris exposition in the thirties. Nine .303 machine guns, eight of which situated in the nose made it a real early-war "lawn mower", and with reputable Spitfire-like manoueverability it leaves quite a legacy. The Luftwaffe used every single one they could get their hands on as both a trainer and a night fighter (see pic below). It literally ate the Me-109Es for breakfast! They then copied the design for their recce FW-189.

RedStorm-G1NIGHTFIGHTERSkyB2_v005_0118.j

Lockheed saw some future in its radical design, spurring probably its most famous "child"; the P-38 Lightning.

Totally under-preciated and (in my opinion) an excellent choice! Bring some of the "real" history back. We all know the Spitfires and Mustangs by now! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1fA-GAfBKs Quick video I uploaded to YouTube. Imagery is by an unknown artist, I added the sounds. Mercury and Daimler-Benz audio.

Quite an intriguing, and I must say, beautiful aircraft.

hell now! :blink: if THIS is no challenge for a programmer B)

i'd love to see this integrated in FSX

Already being done.

Well, the G1000 isn't to the depth of those shots, but as close as you can get within the FS structure and not 'bring it to it's knees'. The Diamond (DA42) will incorporate the MINDSTAR G1000 unit (already for sale) which far surpasses anything else available in any other aircraft for FS.

G1000_Full.jpg

That said, someone on MINDSTAR's forum did ask about the Garmin Synthetic Vision System, and this was the reply:

We're actually at Sun-n-Fun in Lakeland Florida right now and we saw the announcement and the subsequent demostrations first hand. The SVT is absolutely amazing, we told the Garmin guys that they keep us busy each time they release something new, because then we have to turn around and implement it in MSFS!!

Interesting.

My 2 $, I would Loooooooove to see a Dornier 228. I know, probably not what was asked for in this thread, but I just planted a seed, maybe one glorious day it will germinate, blossom and find it's way to a computer near me B)

I was thinking in line with the F16 if it was not possible to do the F22 Raptor as well as the F35.

Maybe that it will be difficult for those fighter jets due to security reasons, or at least that you can create it, and perhaps even with the correct cockpit, but won't know how it really flies or is being handled due to it being top secret, and of course understandable that it would be luckily.

With that I mean that there is maybe no data available with regard to how you have to set-up its speed rate and such things, then perhaps would only be able to use the F16 or F18 data for instance to this regard.

I would like to suggest the Stemme S10 Motor Glider as project to do. It is one of the most unusual aircraft in the world. It would appeal to power pilots and glider pilots. It would fit very nicely with your Lukla X Everest scenery and when combined with "Simprobe" (freeware) the Lukla X sceneery becomes ridge soaring country. The Stemme S10 has a service ceiling of 30,000 ft. The Stemme is also the holder of several world soaring records. Although the Stemme appears to be a modern airplane, the initial design work occured 30 years ago and the first prototype flew 22 years ago.

http://www.stemme.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm

S10_E.pdf

post-6335-1208301033_thumb.jpg

post-6335-1208301101_thumb.jpg

post-6335-1208301215_thumb.jpg

This is a great airplane. I am sure you would do a great rendition of it and it would be a very popular item.

Note: I can post these images in larger format if there is any interest.

Don

Personally, currently flying the incredible DHC2 and DHC6, why not stick with DHC aircraft. there is plenty of scope available with the DHC4, DHC7 and DHC8. these aircraft would add to our library of aircraft available to fly online, offline, in missions, in fact in every situation.

We all know how good the current ones fly and I think these would be a great addition.

Cheers

WG

My 2 $, I would Loooooooove to see a Dornier 228. I know, probably not what was asked for in this thread, but I just planted a seed, maybe one glorious day it will germinate, blossom and find it's way to a computer near me B)

Personally I would like do228 too. There is a up-coming do228 but last info about it is from last december, don't know if it's been abandoned  :(

Please please do a Super Connie, would be great to fly this airliner from the golden age in Aerosoft's high standards.

226-ILA2004.jpg

Super%20Constellation.jpg

Failing that a JU-52

ju52-02.jpg

JU52CPit1.jpg

Already being done.

Well, the G1000 isn't to the depth of those shots, but as close as you can get within the FS structure and not 'bring it to it's knees'. The Diamond (DA42) will incorporate the MINDSTAR G1000 unit (already for sale) which far surpasses anything else available in any other aircraft for FS.

G1000_Full.jpg

That said, someone on MINDSTAR's forum did ask about the Garmin Synthetic Vision System, and this was the reply:

We're actually at Sun-n-Fun in Lakeland Florida right now and we saw the announcement and the subsequent demostrations first hand. The SVT is absolutely amazing, we told the Garmin guys that they keep us busy each time they release something new, because then we have to turn around and implement it in MSFS!!

Interesting.

Yes if they can get it working in the VC - which has thus far proved to be rather problematic....