New aircraft project....

• Aerosoft

Now I know this will cause comments, but I need to start planning for aircraft projects in the second half of this year and first quarter 2009. Keep in mind that internally we do the less standard aircraft, no airliners, nothing really modern and standard.

There is one I like to do, but I am not sure how this would go with our customers. http://www.airtractor.com/aircraft. Please comment in this.

I would like to hear some other suggestions, keep in mind we still have the Catalina, Bronco and F16 in the pipeline right now. Keep thinking about aircraft that have something special, don't ask me to do a aircraft that's 'standard'.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the offer to offer ideas, Mathijs!

If it's not too modern, then how about the the BA 609 VTOL?

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell/Agusta_BA609 )

BA609_02.jpg

--- or any VTOL, really hard to find anything good for FSX there --- I didn't want to suggest the MV-22 Osprey, as it's rather common ... though personally I'd love it too ...

Interesting aircraft!

I like these little, somehow odd-looking aircrafts! (I also like the S-55 from Sikorsky *gg*).

I think it would be a nice aircraft to fly with and I like the versatility of it: fire fighter, agriculture and surely just "fun" flying.

Think it would fit perfectly into the FSX theme of flying little aircrafts and doing VFR. Would also be nice for some missions. Think about it and perhaps there could be an option of making mission packs for some of your aircrafts. I know this depends on sales numbers but I would like to see something for the Twooter or Beaver and this one you mentioned, would also be predestined for this.

If it would be the usual range of 20-25€ I would consider to buy it.

Also very welcome (at least to me) would be a decent ultralight or gyroplane ... the one that comes with FSX is terrible ... those planes are best for low altitude VFR flying, hence best to enjoy the "typical" Aerosoft scenery ... ^^

something like this one, perhaps :

SantaSusana_CA_72_gyroplane.jpg

Hi Mathijs

The airtractor looks like fun, especially if you can combine it with some crop-spraying and power line inspection type missions and difficult to get into farm strips etc.

Another suggestion (although you say you don't do airliners) would be the Dash 7 - a natural follow-on from the Twotter ... or too airlinery?!

Lastly, one of my favourites. The Grumman AA5-A or AA5-B. Ahead of its time in the late 70s early 80s - bubble canopy, excellent visibility, great speed (especially on the B variant, the "Tiger") and a great little looker. Still a popular training/self-hire light single in the UK.

Cheers

PPanPan

There is one I like to do, but I am not sure how this would go with our customers. http://www.airtractor.com/aircraft. Please comment in this.

Interesting one ... I don't like it because it looks rather ugly ... ( completely subjective )

Lastly, one of my favourites. The Grumman AA5-A or AA5-B. Ahead of its time in the late 70s early 80s - bubble canopy, excellent visibility, great speed (especially on the B variant, the "Tiger") and a great little looker. Still a popular training/self-hire light single in the UK.

Nice one!

26297.jpg

Ah, doesn't she look great! You know what, she still looks modern even in 2008. Aerosoft could do a factory avionics fit and a modern avionics fit like they did for the Twotter. I am biased as I learnt to fly in these but I know I'm not the only one who loves these aircraft.

Edit ... hey, Algernon, you changed the photo!! No matter, still looks great though ... I agree, no competition in the looks stakes with the airtractor!! I'll have to dig out my pics of the ones I flew.

• Aerosoft
Thanks for the offer to offer ideas, Mathijs!

If it's not too modern, then how about the the BA 609 VTOL?

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell/Agusta_BA609 )

--- or any VTOL, really hard to find anything good for FSX there --- I didn't want to suggest the MV-22 Osprey, as it's rather common ... though personally I'd love it too ...

Sorry VTOL is not really possible in FSX as it should have a shared helicopter / aircraft flight model.

1. I know we have the Catalina as a flying boat, but there is a modern variant of the DO-24 with triple turboprop-engine. Lauren Dornier flew it around the world... Look for more INFOs...its amphibian and as I know there is only one of that type existing

http://www.do-24.com/

2. C-17 GLOBEMASTER III - The modern all purpose US Military Transport Plane capable of dropping Paratroopers, Tank and Cargo with automatic GPS Parachute Guidance

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...ine_version=6.0

That would be the correct answer to that already existing C130 product LOL...

3. BD-5 Homebuild Jet that does around 700 KM/H, but is smaller than an average car

http://www.bd5.com/

James Bond also flew one Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Sorry VTOL is not really possible in FSX as it should have a shared helicopter / aircraft flight model.

oh, that's a shame - I did love flying that freeware Osprey in FS9 ... :cry:

Edit ... hey, Algernon, you changed the photo!!

yep, I have been smitten before for posting large pics ... hehe ...

... just wanted to post a LINK to my original pic ... can't find it anymore ... :roll:

Mmmm ... more suggestions ...

I always loved the A7 Corsair :

a-7.jpg

... or the DO24 ... well, ok, we just had the Twotter, so ... but it's not really the same thing ...

Do24Parked.jpg

... and then, of course, there's always the AS 365 Dauphin, the most beautiful chopper there is ... *ducks and runs*

dauphin2.jpg

Wow, that DO-24 is incredible - looks like something made for a Batman movie!! To the Bat Plane ...

More seriously, how's about the ever popular Britten Norman Islander and also Trislander. Both popular in different reagions around the world and the Trislander in particular is a little bit different.

Trislander image ... http://www.caa.co.uk/applicationmodules/gi...amp;imgtype=jpg

I guess the only thing is they might be considered too similar to the Twotter?

...and seen from a quantum physics standpoint, it becomes now really probable that this nice piece of human creativity becomes relevant for Aerosoft!

But you know also the standpoint from that old unknown artist, 3000 B.C.: Not repeat yourself ever, or at least not to much, or the folks get bored and become nuts!

So I like peace and harmony, and I take it ease!

This trislander remembers me a bit on the german V-1 weapon, or Fi-103 as it were also called by its engineers. Do you think, they not got inspired by? Ok, the camouflage get lost and it transports passengers, not TNT any more.

This trislander remembers me a bit on the german V-1 weapon, or Fi-103 as it were also called by its engineers. Do you think, they not got inspired by? Ok, the camouflage get lost and it transports passengers, not TNT any more.

Yes, it is long and pointy and very noisy ... but given it is built in Britain, I think not :lol:

What I would like to do also would be an agricultural aircraft that is simulated. I understands from itself that those aircraft have a very small range and so it should be sold in combination with a nice scenery. That scenery should contain all those things that are imprtant for and fertilizer distribution pilot: Dirt runways with Trucks, Angry Farmers that want to sue you if you dont make your job cheap and perfect and of course natural hazards like dangerous powerlines in all sizes, bridges, thermics, bad sight through dust created by ground vehicles etc... So this should create an environment as like those small train sims (physical ones). Later additional scenery could be made accessible doing additional sells and of course some multiplayer part with best lists from missions...

Real VTOL can be achieved by an addon gauge. There is one at avsim.com but it would mean that Aerosoft would have to advice to use an additional gauge and I don't know how copyright is in that case if you would sell an aircraft basing on a freeware gauge. But VTOL is interesting. Sadly FS (9 and x) only now helicopters or aircrafts.

2. C-17 GLOBEMASTER III - The modern all purpose US Military Transport Plane capable of dropping Paratroopers, Tank and Cargo with automatic GPS Parachute Guidance

Shortly there will be one. Though I would like to see it in Aerosoft quality there should be no real sence in making another one.

What I would like to do also would be an agricultural aircraft that is simulated. I understands from itself that those aircraft have a very small range and so it should be sold in combination with a nice scenery. That scenery should contain all those things that are imprtant for and fertilizer distribution pilot: Dirt runways with Trucks, Angry Farmers that want to sue you if you dont make your job cheap and perfect and of course natural hazards like dangerous powerlines in all sizes, bridges, thermics, bad sight through dust created by ground vehicles etc... So this should create an environment as like those small train sims (physical ones). Later additional scenery could be made accessible doing additional sells and of course some multiplayer part with best lists from missions...

Great idea - just what I was getting at too.

Real VTOL can be achieved by an addon gauge. There is one at avsim.com but it would mean that Aerosoft would have to advice to use an additional gauge and I don't know how copyright is in that case if you would sell an aircraft basing on a freeware gauge. But VTOL is interesting. Sadly FS (9 and x) only now helicopters or aircrafts.

Shortly there will be one. Though I would like to see it in Aerosoft quality there should be no real sence in making another one.

Who does it?

Great idea!

That would fit perectly to what Mathjis aircraft proposal. Scenery like "Emmafield", some missions and an outstanding little aircraft like the Airtractor. Like this idea.

@Globemaster: Not sure if it is correct to name it here. Its "Alphasim.co.uk". If it is wrong to name it here, I will delete it.

What was that other one though? Ermm, oh yes, the Spitfire. That wasn't too shabby either :lol:

When I'm right Hurricanes did 5 fighter kills out of 7 in the Battle of Britain. Spitfire was young there and its creator, who died shortly after first flight from cancer, said Spitfire had only better press.....so more people got known to her!

Great idea!

That would fit perectly to what Mathjis aircraft proposal. Scenery like "Emmafield", some missions and an outstanding little aircraft like the Airtractor. Like this idea.

@Globemaster: Not sure if it is correct to name it here. Its "Alphasim.co.uk". If it is wrong to name it here, I will delete it.

You are right. Too late...Globemaster is off limits. Even if they would create only an average aircraft, who would buy the same bird only weeks apart from each other?!