New aircraft project....

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the offer to offer ideas, Mathijs!

If it's not too modern, then how about the the BA 609 VTOL?

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell/Agusta_BA609 )

BA609_02.jpg

--- or any VTOL, really hard to find anything good for FSX there --- I didn't want to suggest the MV-22 Osprey, as it's rather common ... though personally I'd love it too ...

To be honest I am truely shocked that nobody has mentioned this already but why not model a deHavilland Chipmunk. Aerosoft would make an fantastic job and could do 3 or four models of it: a Canadian one with the spindly undercarriage legs, short chord rudder and bubble canopy

a British one with the framed canopy, long chord rudder, beefy undercarriage legs and spin strakes

a lycoming conversion one

and perhaps maybe a Supermunk with clipped wings, huge engine and redesigned tail piece

like these;

British version

Canadian version

Lycoming conversion

Supermunk

Hope this helps and if Aerosoft do decide to model this I'm pretty sure it would be a massive hit like all their models.

Now I know this will cause comments, but I need to start planning for aircraft projects in the second half of this year and first quarter 2009. Keep in mind that internally we do the less standard aircraft, no airliners, nothing really modern and standard.

There is one I like to do, but I am not sure how this would go with our customers. http://www.airtractor.com/aircraft. Please comment in this.

I would like to hear some other suggestions, keep in mind we still have the Catalina, Bronco and F16 in the pipeline right now. Keep thinking about aircraft that have something special, don't ask me to do a aircraft that's 'standard'.

how about the Quest Kodiak aircraft....http://questaircraft.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd love a DA-42 Twin Star...very nice idea.

You guys already have a Catalina so I'm not sure or there's a market for the Do-24 which does remains a wonderful seaplane.

Another idea now. What would you think of a GOOD Cessna 208 (with an amphibian variant!) ? Not like the default one. Wished they didn't removed the amphibian variant out of FSX...

Or something else that is amphibian (bush/STOL/seaplane/amphibian lover in da house :P )! As Ian (Pearson) already mentioned on another forum, there's a large lack of amphibian airplanes for FSX...

The DA-42 is already in the works at Eaglesoft I've read here, but I'd consider it...I'm not going to buy a single add-on from Eaglesoft. The Columbia 400 I got from them is such a frame-eater...I regret it I spend the money on that.

A CL-415 would be fine for me too by the way. Great aircraft, I saw them in action about ten or nine years (I was about 6 or 7 years old at the time) ago in Croatia, when a bomb had exploded on a hill. They flew in low into the bay...these magnificent yellow seaplanes.

A good Quest Aircraft Kodiak would be great, though it hasn't an amphibian variant which makes it a bit less interesting...

Or a good Dassault Rafale or a Saab Gripen. Two very nice fighters (from the esthetical viewpoint of course...they're nothing compared to a F-22!).

Hi, fellow flyers and simheads!

Here's my 2 cents..

I do agree with an earlier poster; a Cessna 180 / 185 (Tundra tires, Std. Wheel, wheel/skiis, Floats, Amphib) would really be awesome. Probably everyone interested in planes and flying have heard about this ol' taildragger, and its versatility. Aerosoft, as we know, is well-known to make excellent GA-sortiment of aircrafts, especially in the "bush" segment (Beaver, super cub). It's a pity that no-one of the general commercial developers have made an excellent model of the 180/185 (not considering the model from Abacus..), and with the beaver and the super cub in the back of my head, i really can't see anyone else than Aerosoft taking this task as serious as it should be. Throw in a bundle of different missions, and you got yourself a real adventure pack that i'll bet every simmer will buy. I know that i will. ;)

That looks like something out of a James Bond movie! :blink:

I dont know for sure but I read somewhere that Mr Rossy is planning on attending an air show as an attraction

That is something I just would have to see.I dont doubt that it will take too long for it to show up in a Bond movie B)

Randy

I would love a Lancair Legacy but I've heard they can be pretty uptight when it comes to their name and money being made.

Andy_n_racers.jpg

Arguably more beautiful than the Do24...the Do26!

do-26.jpg

Dornier_Do_26.jpg

If it has to have wheels <_<

07s_0127.jpg

I live down the street from them: http://www.sloair.com/ if that helps at all

• 2 weeks later...

How about an Antonov AN-2 - the biggest single prop availble I think

or an absolute legend - the DeHavilland DHC-1 Chipmunk

I think either could be created with the complexities of the Hughes H-1 to make a truely amazing flightsim product.

+1 for the 185 bush pack.

Miko has made a very good one years ago for FS98 and since those long gone days, nothing is in sight, a shame.

A good Maule Pack (especially the turbine model) could also be interesting.

And... A SUPER CUB!

I would love to see a P-61 Black Widow done.

I second that. The Black Widow could deliver a hard punch to enemy aircraft...a great aircraft, one of the best of its time, I think. Now yeah, the Mossie wouldn't be too bad either.

By the way, Mathijs, isn't the Black Widow one of your personal favorites ?

What about the following (with justification)...

300px-BN-2B-RAC.jpg

Britten Norman BN-2B Islander

• Fun aircraft to fly
  • Very popular aircraft in Germany (Easy research for you and the company Mathijs)
  • Great aircraft to use with your German Airfields series!
  • Not that normal
  • You could model the Piston model and the Turboprop model
9506sfxxcg.jpg

Lake Renegade

• Fits to different flight simmers (land use and water use)
  • No good models out there up to date
  • Not a normal aircraft at all
  • Another great aircraft to do hops around you German Airfields series

Hope you take those justifications into account Mathijs ;)

Here not my favorite plane but maybe this can sparks some ideas that are very dear to me.

Here a flight i was suppose to do with my friend Gerard but got stuck in Cal with a yak9.

http://www.diamondaircraft.com/news/08_20_04.php

Gerard was a great friend and a great Mirage 2000 pilot, he had also some 1950's helicopters but not long ago i lost in Germany my dear friend demonstrating and testing this new aircraft the "Grob"

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?Content...65-0e5ebf15171e

If someone wants to make them please make sure to place his name on his honnor and i can send the honors to his memories still flying to his family.

That it just a word about a great lost.

G