SIM keeps crashing trying to load the CRJ

PhntmV2

8 hours ago, jsolomon said:

Hey check it out.

Saw this comment on forums.flightsimulator.com 

"

I’ve been flying with the AI online but rarely see any traffic and certainly none at airports. I really don’t like flying when the world is empty of traffic.
Now the CRJ is causing a problem. I switched to offline traffic and CTDs. Too many variables to find out why but I tried to load three different airports with the same result. Each time CTD before entering sim. I noticed that the AI was set to 100% so I reduced it to 50% thinking that maybe all gates were filled. Still the same problem. Switched back to online (but seriously missing 

)traffic. and the CRJ loads.

Would like to know why this is a problem…"

I switched my traffic from offline to online and I was able to load CRJ 700 directly after starting sim without first loading the A320!

So maybe that's a common denominator? Anyone else here using offline traffic for better density?

I've had two kinds of CTD symptoms.

1. CTDs at almost every gate or ramp except a couple in particular. This one I fixed myself with software updates and maybe Windows Defender exclusions. Hard to know exactly what fixed that issue.

2. The aircraft would always work on the first flight but crash on the second unless I loaded a non-CRJ aircraft beforehand.

But last night, for some reason I stopped having CTDs at all and couldn't figure out why.

I am almost certain I changed my AI traffic setting around that time. I'll have to test that after work!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can some try this and see if their AC will load? I went and deleted the main CRJ folder and made sure I also deleted the crj folder at Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3...\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

The I rebooted my machine. I then went in and downloaded the CRJ again from the Microsoft store and let it install. I then waited a while and was messing around with another flight and then went back in and chose the CRJ from the aircraft menu and put in the departure airfield parking spot and nothing else. No arrival airport or anything. I then hit fly and it didnt take 10 minutes but prob about 5 and then the plane loaded in the turn around state. I am able to set it up now and it has not crashed as of yet. 

34 minutes ago, Olaf8088 said:

I can now consistently induce the CTD by moving the traffic sliders from 0 to 100 and changing traffic from OFF to Offline AI.

Yeah, enabling AI traffic causes it 100% does it for me. I just confirmed it too. It may require other settings to be "just so" to cause the issue but it is definitely a contributor.

Steps were:

1. AI traffic was off

2. Load into EDLP ramp 3 - Worked. Repeated this three times.

3. Turn on AI traffic.

4. Load into EDLP ramp 3 - CTD.

I had flown around 5 time last night without a CTD after I had turned AI traffic off. I think I had MP traffic on so I think it is AI specific.

Just now, Thx1137 said:

Yeah, enabling AI traffic 100% does it for me. I just confirmed it too. It may require other settings to be "just so" to cause the issue but it is definitely a contributor.

I messed around with airport workers, ground vehicles and static aircraft, and those did not cause it. I've also tried different third party airports to see if maybe there is a memory issue, but whether you're on a simple or complex airport does not seem to matter.

Bonjour M.Kok je ne sais pas si je suis dans la bonne rubrique mais peu importe.

Il est plus que largement temps que Aerosoft cultive la qualité produit.

Vous êtes l'Alfa-Roméo du développement informatique, séduisant mais constamment en panne.

Autant que je me souvienne TOUS les produits Aerosoft que j'ai acheté soit directement chez vous soit via Simmarket m'ont causé des problèmes.

Le CRJ ne fait pas exception.

Il n'est PAS normal que vous attendiez après Asobo pour résoudre vos problèmes.

---

English translation:

Hello Mr Kok I do not know if I am in the right section but whatever.

It is high time that Aerosoft cultivated product quality.

You are the Alfa-Romeo of IT development, attractive but constantly failing.

As far as I can remember ALL of the Aerosoft products that I have purchased either direct from you or through Simmarket have caused me problems.

The CRJ is no exception.

It is NOT normal for you to wait until after Asobo to resolve your issues.

• Aerosoft

I am sorry you feel so. I have however explained the situation several times. This is not something WE can fix, this is something Asobo  has to fix.  It could be a language issue that made you miss that. 

As you seem unhappy with the company, our products and our reactions and me personally I can only suggest not being our customer. Being a bit of a petrolhead I am grateful you compare me with Alfa-Romeo though! I am a huge fan of some of their fantastic cars. In fact this weekend I am going to look at a GT Junior from 1965 as a new project.

I can also strongly advise you to read the next mail.

• Developer

Time for the morning news:

First, thank you for all the crashdumps! I have forwarded them and the folks at Asobo. For now, no further crash dumps are needed. So far all but one dump have been checked out and they all point to the same thing.

As some of you suspected, the crash is indeed related to online and AI traffic. The exception that ulitmately causes the sim to crash, occurs in the respective area of the MSFS code. One possible explanation why it concerns the CRJ more than other aircraft is that the WASM to DLL conversion takes much longer for the CRJ (this is the 10 minute waiting time), resulting in a much greater chance for a collision.

The next steps are reproducing the issue at Asobo and ultimately fixing it.

Again, I thank everybody for their patience and support in tracking this down. This really is a problem that neither Asobo nor us could have ever expected. It's one of the things that always hide in the depths of complex software. It's really "shit happens" and nobody should be blamed for it!

Sorry for the bold and colored text, but I'd like to make sure everybody sees it.

• Developer

Things progress quickly this morning. I was just told that there is a possible workaround for the problem:

• Go to the OPTIONS screen in MSFS
  • Select GENERAL and then TRAFFIC
  • Change TRAFFIC VARIETY to ULTRA

This causes the simulator to not go through the code that crashes.
Please give it a try and report back if it fixes the CTDs for you.

A special thank you from Asobo goes to everybody who provided crash dumps. All six crash dumps show the same cause, which is a very good thing!

Just reading all the above - I helped someone yesterday with a similar problem whilst streaming.... I asked if they had the old Canadian Mods CRJ700 port installed in MSFS (not that I like that at all - refuse to even look at it). 

They said yes - I told them to delete it entirely, run the sim to clear it from any cache, exit the sim and THEN install a clean Aerosoft CRJ - and that apparently worked for them.

Do you have that Canadian Mods CRJ they ported from FSX installed?

...it helped one person so I'm hoping it might help another!

21 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Things progress quickly this morning. I was just told that there is a possible workaround for the problem:

• Go to the OPTIONS screen in MSFS
  • Select GENERAL and then TRAFFIC
  • Change TRAFFIC VARIETY to ULTRA

This causes the simulator to not go through the code that crashes.
Please give it a try and report back if it fixes the CTDs for you.

A special thank you from Asobo goes to everybody who provided crash dumps. All six crash dumps show the same cause, which is a very good thing!

Yes, this does indeed work.

Since my purchase on the Store, loading the CRJ RTD. I tested this: Disabled Aerien Traffic, AI and multiplayer traffic, multiplayer data connection. And it works.

I have given up. Tried all the solutions listed, but nothing helped. I hope that the programmer will soon offer a usable clue to the problem or a patch/update. The statement "it works for thousands of users" is simply unprofessional. My solution after 2 days of pointless experimenting is: Complete uninstallation and return to the manufacturer. Support looks different. 😞

Yesssss! The ultra variety setting has worked for me. I was on high before. Just completed my very first full flight, Inssbruck/Zurich, lovely!! Lots to learn now :)

• Developer

At least one of you asked how to revert the registry entries that create the crash dumps.

Simply run the attached script and they will no longer created.

For those who still get CTDs, please send us crash dumps. There's no way of tracking down what happens without those. Too many possible reasons, too many factors involved.

RemoveDumps.reg

• Developer
5 minutes ago, DH13127 said:

All is fine now !

Thanks to Hans, ASOBO, Mathijs... We are now waiting for the Twin Otter !

What did you do to solve the electrical power problem that you had a couple posts further up?

11 minutes ago, DH13127 said:

All is fine now !

Thanks to Hans, ASOBO, Mathijs... We are now waiting for the Twin Otter !

Hi,

please tell us how you got it to work.

Cheers

Uwe

Hello, I´d like to report that after I set the traffic variety to ULTRA, I could load CRJ right away, without CTD. Also performed a flight from LFBD to LFLL right now, without any major issues (even though I still get the autopilot to nose down rapidly during the ILS approach when GS is captured, but maybe I´m doing something wrong). But no CTD when CRJ loaded as a first plane. 

• Developer
1 minute ago, MichailusB said:

Hello, I´d like to report that after I set the traffic variety to ULTRA, I could load CRJ right away, without CTD. Also performed a flight from LFBD to LFLL right now, without any major issues (even though I still get the autopilot to nose down rapidly during the ILS approach when GS is captured, but maybe I´m doing something wrong). But no CTD when CRJ loaded as a first plane. 

Great to hear that it works for you now. The nose dive issue is known and will be worked on over the next few days.

Hi Hans,

What about us with no CTD. I already had Traffic variety to Ultra maybe thats why I had no CTDs.

But my cockpit is always dark and the EFB also doesn't work.

Manny

Archived