Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

2 hours ago, FrenchBread said:

Mathijs already indicated that Aerosoft would give at least 2 weeks notice. I don't know how to do a multi quote but he posted this on May 19th if you want to look for yourself. I'm happy to wait as long as necessary for this to become a great release, we all know what can happen if products are released a bit early. It's funny in the sim community people always push so hard to rush a developer but when a product is released without being fully ready the community get out their pitchforks in protest. 

I will end this in an attempt to add some comedic relief and give Mathijs a little laugh:

"Every time I fly and am forced to remove my shoes, I’m grateful Richard Reid is not known as the Underwear Bomber."

I would take Mathijs "COMING SOON" announcement on Tuesday then as the beginning of the two weeks notice. 

On 6/29/2023 at 2:34 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

no.

7 minutes ago, rsmith6621a said:

I would take Mathijs "COMING SOON" announcement on Tuesday then as the beginning of the two weeks notice. 

Unfortunately, nope. This is Mathijs' response to "It is Possible to Release in the next 2 Weeks?"

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2023 at 2:56 PM, clinton fernandes said:

Enjoy!

I really enjoyed this. I cannot wait for the release. My bank account however...

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Ritch:

I really enjoyed this. I cannot wait for the release. My bank account however...

This thing won't be that expensive as other add-ons. However if you can't afford this I would suggest you to think about your life in general...

• Upvote 2

so, making a quick calculation, it was supposed to come out in December and then the announcement was made in early April that the release will be from 1 to 4 months (4+4=8 and therefore August). if it weren't for days ago it was said that there are problems with the vnav and the various tests could take hundreds of hours, which is equivalent to months of testing again.

• Like 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 minutes ago, paolo pini said:

... from 1 to 4 months (4+4=8 and therefore August) ...

If you want to make a point, don't do cherry picking in your "quote" and leave important parts out which would ruin your "argument"!

Please login to display this image.

link

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

Se vuoi fare un punto, non fare il cherry picking nella tua "citazione" e tralasciare parti importanti che rovinerebbero la tua "argomentazione"!

Please login to display this image.

collegamento

of course, any comment is not to your liking, immediately give arrogant answers, a classic. I didn't say it was 100% promised it will be released, I said 1 to 4 months. I also wrote that given the problems it could take months. learn to relate to the public, it would not hurt you.

• Upvote 11

• Deputy Sheriffs
33 minutes ago, paolo pini said:

... I said 1 to 4 months ...

You don't get the point. Mathijs clearly answered to the 1-4 months question without any guarantee. So it could also be 6 or 12 months. You just focused on the lets part, and ignored 3/4 of the entire answer.

The thing is, there is absolutely no timespan promise/estimation in his answer, that is the point! I don't see any arrogance in making this clear to all readers here who might mistook that.

There is one promise Mathijs clearly made, and that is that you will all learn about the release 2 weeks before it happens. And he will make that 2 weeks timespan perfectly clear when time will come. 

• Upvote 9

The updates look great. I don't get the constant request for a release date. It makes no difference. When it makes sense for them to announce it, they will. When they do, you will know as it will make its way through all flight simulator channels and sites pretty quickly. I hope they don't feel pressured and take their time refining things for as long as it makes business sense to them. There are things I hope they add following the release to enable a good simulation of NAT/HLA ops, but these are complex simulations. Not only do they have to simulate the aircraft's complex systems and interfaces, but they have to make sure it is usable within the constraints of a desktop/console simulator and provide a good user experience. It takes time. As usual, 20% of things will take 80% of the time. It makes no sense for them to give time estimates. They can say they are 95% done, but that in software development does not mean much in terms of time. 

What actually happens most of the time is that they will give an estimate of release once development has finished. They are estimating the logistics, marketing, and customer support setup around delivery at that point, not development time. Do they have an optimistic time range in mind? Probably, but they have been in business for way too long to shoot themselves in the foot by announcing it. 

They have been great with updates and all, so it is closer than it was last week, but not happening next week. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Regarding widescreens

The answer is VR.
Once VR you'll never go back to the 2D no matter how good the 2D graphics are.

I hope the A330 is well tested for VR.

Mats

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
20 minutes ago, mseder said:

The answer is VR.
Once VR you'll never go back to the 2D

I agree with you.

However VR may be uncomfortable with hardware avionics and miscellaneous switches/buttons module.

• Upvote 2

I had the huge 49 in ultrawide Samsung for a bit. I enjoyed it, the only grief I had was the sucker was just massive it was hard to find a desk that fit it comfortably so I mounted it on the wall.  But then I decided to get a standup desk and I could not find one that was reasonably priced at the time to support the stand size.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Karlsson081229 said:

What Liveries will be coming to a330? Can you do a video to show all liveries

Please take the time to read the FAQ noted in the header at the top of the page, where you'll find the current answer. It's the one that says, "Please read the FAQ prior to posting."

No apparent final decision on liveries, so no point in doing a video.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, marcus_sweden said:

This Forum has gotten a bit Toxic lately. If People don't sharpen up they could introduce restrictions soon.

Patience.

Well, there are a lot of new members to the community that lack etiquette and are disrespectful to others, warranted or not. They feel entitled. This is one reason why I rarely post although a member for years. All forums are getting toxic. Just look at the PMDG forums.

Everyone should spend more time Flight Simming rather than post non relevant comments and arguments. That's the best way to tune out the noise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

Am 2.7.2023 um 18:54 schrieb mseder:

Regarding widescreens

The answer is VR.
Once VR you'll never go back to the 2D no matter how good the 2D graphics are.

I hope the A330 is well tested for VR.

Mats

Nah thats not true....

I have am HP G2 Headset and dont use VR all the time. 

Simple reasons are comfort, multi monitor/window setup and eyes getting tired much faster than with a screen. 

Immersion is unbeatable yes but using a 2D screen again is very well possible and I know quiet some people using both and in some cases VR and in other situations 2D. 

Imaginating a long haul in VR is absolute not very pleasant IMO. 

But thats just my opinion :)

Well it seems it’s not releasing next 2 weeks, then if we assume the best case that we get the warning after two weeks, which makes it probably releasing in august. Damn it’s painful to wait 8 months guys🥲. Want to explore the world with a modern long hauler.

Also I really really wish that the toga sound in the latest teaser is not the final sound because I didn’t hear the howl sound + the strange delayed wing flex when taking off (( I’m pointing at some of the issues I see in the vid it’s not complaining just clarifying thanks ))

• Like 7

6 hours ago, DLH9KA said:

Nah thats not true....

I have am HP G2 Headset and dont use VR all the time. 

Simple reasons are comfort, multi monitor/window setup and eyes getting tired much faster than with a screen. 

Immersion is unbeatable yes but using a 2D screen again is very well possible and I know quiet some people using both and in some cases VR and in other situations 2D. 

Imaginating a long haul in VR is absolute not very pleasant IMO. 

But thats just my opinion :)

I think you’re alone in your opinion I’m afraid, I can’t go back either. You can’t replace the stereo vision that VR offers. It’s like you have a Level D in your house

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, miquelpp said:

Hi, I know this is not the right forum, but will you fix the installation routine (A330) for P3D V6? It seems that many plugins are working. I tried the record thrick with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Miquel.

To be honest, I think that would not be a good idea because it would be interpreted as though we would support V6, which we simply can't do. At this moment all our internal development for Preper3D is halted, but we continue to monitor the demand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, sqdqs dsdqsqd said:

More info on the A330 going well ? Could we do some small previews to give us water at the move ?

I know we are a bit lacking in information, a lot of going on and I promise to get back on track with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 1