Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

Is that BelugaXL shown in the MSFS2024 trailer potentially Aerosoft's work? Certainly doesn't seem very Asobo to have aileron droop on the ground, and you guys are also developing a similar aircraft...

Am 4.6.2023 um 17:38 schrieb BaxterChico:

A330 CEO Air Canada-Vancouver

Please login to display this image.

There is also an Airbus a330 in this video. But I'm not quite sure if the modeling of the plane looks similar, what do you think?

(0:57)

• Like 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Aerofly Clips:

There is also an Airbus a330 in this video. But I'm not quite sure if the modeling of the plane looks similar, what do you think?

(0:57)

Ok while everyone is speculating anyway, let me indulge. I speak without absolute 0 authority ofc, and am most probably talking out my own a**. I saw that TAP A330 as well and thought it looks very similar to the A333 TAP screenshots posted in this forum. The one in the 2024 trailer also seems to have RR engines, but appears to be a A332 (judging by the window distribution from the visible part of the fuselage). I also thought that the engines of the Beluga-XL from the trailer looked very similar to the engine screenshots posted in this forum. Who knows, perhaps Aerosoft secretly linked up with MS to bring us those two models based on their A333 platform. Would not be wildly different to what Inibuilds and MS did for the 40th anniversary edition A310. Could be completely making this up of course, in which case we have more planes from more developers to look forward to. Overall very exciting news!

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, AirbusA380-800 said:

Ok, mientras todos están especulando de todos modos, déjame disfrutar. Hablo sin autoridad absoluta de 0 ofc, y lo más probable es que esté hablando por mi cuenta. También vi ese TAP A330 y pensé que se parece mucho a las capturas de pantalla del A333 TAP publicadas en este foro. El del tráiler de 2024 también parece tener motores RR, pero parece ser un A332 (a juzgar por la distribución de las ventanas desde la parte visible del fuselaje). También pensé que los motores del Beluga-XL del tráiler se parecían mucho a las capturas de pantalla del motor publicadas en este foro. Quién sabe, tal vez Aerosoft se vinculó en secreto con MS para traernos esos dos modelos basados en su plataforma A333. No sería muy diferente a lo que hicieron Inibuilds y MS para la edición del 40 aniversario del A310. Podría estar inventando esto por completo, por supuesto, en cuyo caso tenemos más aviones de más desarrolladores que esperar. ¡Noticias muy emocionantes en general!

Most likely everything you said is not so. Most devs who made planes shown in the trailer (Gotfriends, inibuilds, flightfx) have so far denied any speculation regarding those being their planes. They are all just as surprised as we are with this announcement.
The only thing we know now is that MSFS has an expiration date and that will cause a clear drop in sales since nobody knows what will happen with the addons (although most likely they will all end up being compatible, until that is not confirmed people will not trust with good reason)

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately people are acting like they will HAVE to buy FS2024 concerned about addon compability, money wasted all that.

People were still flying on FSX, older versions of XP and P3D all the way until FS2020 was released.

My point is you could just ignore the fact that MSFS2024 is gonna be released and just keep flying as usual on FS2020.

I don't think they're gonna remove Live Weather and things like that for quite a while, in FSX the option for live weather was available for a pretty long time after it's release.

If add-ons do happen to be cross-compatible, will aerosoft provide a free upgrade to current FS2020 add-on owners? Hesitant about buying the A330 for FS2020 if I have to pay an addition fee to get it working with the new sim

• Upvote 3

I think it’s the same sim with the same core, just a big update and the future of MSFS.

We will need to pay MSFS24 to have the next SU, WU, etc (from 2024)
(Its fair enough, we had free updates for 4years…)

For 3rd parties, they will need to make it compatible as for all SU

Anyway we will see when microsoft/asobo announce it with all details

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jetti200 said:

Unfortunately people are acting like they will HAVE to buy FS2024 concerned about addon compability, money wasted all that.

People were still flying on FSX, older versions of XP and P3D all the way until FS2020 was released.

My point is you could just ignore the fact that MSFS2024 is gonna be released and just keep flying as usual on FS2020.

I don't think they're gonna remove Live Weather and things like that for quite a while, in FSX the option for live weather was available for a pretty long time after it's release.

Things like real-time weather and online scenery will not be removed. But currently FS2020 has a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. After FS2024 is launched, there is a high probability that FS2020 will stop updating. This is what people are worried about

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This could be already shared here, but I was cleaning up my desktop for a fresh new week.

This looks so gorgeous 😭😭😭

1 minute ago, CONWAY J said:

Things like real-time weather and online scenery will not be removed. But currently FS2020 has a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. After FS2024 is launched, there is a high probability that FS2020 will stop updating. This is what people are worried about

In other words, currently we can get free upgrades, and if we need to get upgrades after FS2024 is launched, we have to buy FS2024

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, snow said:

pressure relief flaps?

I hope that some of these decals that Mathijs speaks so fond of will show some peeling off at the edges after a few hundred hours of flighttime. 

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
25 minutes ago, chinjh said:

I'll ask again since the search function resulted nothing.

The search gave me several results, this is the latest one:

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, mopperle said:

The search gave me several results, this is the latest one:

Search function seems not working on my chrome browser for android. Switch to chrome and firefox on windows 11 and the search function is displaying all the results. Thanks for correcting me. 

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

As stated a few posts up by Herman, this is the A330 Preview topic. It is absolutely ok to discuss the upcoming MSFS2024, but please not in here. I have just created a proper topic in the general discussion area of this forum for MSFS2024 discussions:

A number of posts have been made discussing the MSFS2024 in here after Herman asked not to do that anymore. All those posts got hidden as also all such future posts will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
16 hours ago, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

I thought about this too. The Beluga XL is based on the A330 and there was also an A330-200 with RR engines. What if MS purchased the A330-200 from Aerosoft? 

If that would be the case we would not say it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

This could be already shared here, but I was cleaning up my desktop for a fresh new week.

I don't know if this screenshot shows the final fonts of the MCDU, but I noticed some numbers especially the "1" look a little bit off with the large flat bottom.

Here is my reference:

• Deputy Sheriffs
52 minutes ago, Hendrik96 said:

I don't know if this screenshot shows the final fonts of the MCDU, but I noticed some numbers especially the "1" look a little bit off with the large flat bottom.

Here is my reference:

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Hendrik96 said:

Check my comments on that from late last week.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Fabio Gysi said:
Is it correct that the A330 has been ready for a long time? But Aerosoft is just waiting for the perfect sales moment

Not sure how you are getting that.  Even if it is true, why is it bad for a company to wait to sell something until they think a timeframe that will capitalize on profits?